What did you do with all of your old JW literature

by LyinEyes 29 Replies latest jw friends

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I was wondering if any one has kept at least some of the books from the borg. I have kept a few, mainly so I can have a good laugh now and then, and highlighting all the double talk.

What did you do with all your JW publications?? Still have them? Did you throw them away?

We had a JW couple come by our house one Sunday after the meeting,( easy time) and they walked in the house and sat down. The kids had been playing their nintendo,,,,,,,, and it was right in the middle of the living room floor. Guess what the kids used to prop it up to make the cord reach........... The NWT Reference bible and a Revelation book!!!

So there are many good uses for these old books.You can even use a few of them to replace the leg of the couch that your son and 10 of his buddies wrestled on and broke!!! OH MY,, 3 sins in that one........bad association, disrespect of WT books, and wrestling!!!!!

Any other ideas of what to do with these publications that we so bitterly despise????

• professor
    professor

Use them to keep track of all the Society's false prophesies. Also good for getting your air conditioner in your window just right.

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

I left the entire theocratic library to the ex...may they both RIP. I did have a few books scattered about the place from when the kids tried to pretend they were still going to meetings to appease their father...but I gathered them up not long ago and they now sit in a box at the top of my wardrobe - I just can't throw them away...I may need them again if I should 'go back'
    Just kidding LOL

Beck

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Oh, thank God, Beck........... you scared me,,, thought you lost your senses!!

I guess there could be another use for the bigger books, like the aid book, reference bible, insight on scripture books,,,,,,,,,,,, to hit any ex jw apostate upside the head with , if they dare think of going back. LOL

After all, what are true friends for????

Dede of the " please hit me in the head with an aid book if I ever go back" class

• Prisca
    Prisca

I've kept all mine, I've even started collecting the older publications, for reference. After all, JWs are more likely to read something if it's from the books themselves, rather than the Internet. Well, that's my theory anyway!

• Dizzy Cat
    Dizzy Cat

I've held on to the Insight books, a couple of WT Bibles and a reasoning book. There may be one or two others if I searched. Also have the CD ROMs somewhere.

I don't think you have to burn them myself, they can still be used as reference material. The actual Insight books are actually quite interesting in places.

• Jesika
    Jesika

I left them when I left home. I burned the rest I had. Don't want to offend anyone--but that is what I did with them.

• haujobbz
    haujobbz

I used mine for toilet paper due to the cr@p written in them i thought a bit more cr@p wouldnt do any harm.

Also good for paper mache.

• ugg
    ugg

hahahahahahahah at haubobbz!!!!! we still have SOME of ours...gave some away,,threw the rest...

hubby uses cd's now...

• Undecided
    Undecided

Does the Society hold JWs to the copyright law and not let you copy the CDs or do they demand the money from all they can sell? I would like to copy someone's CDs if I can find someone with them in my town.

Ken P.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit