laser surgery

by finnrot 24 Replies latest jw friends

• mustang
    mustang

Yes, Finn,

That's our rich set for you. Newport has a wonderful Xmas parade of boats all decked out with light-shows. Worth seeing.

After my surgery (different from yours, but they're both miraculous for my money; uhh, insurance got mine: I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT IT COST!!!) I really could SEE (pun accepted) the possibility of the BIONIC age!!

Mustang

• finnrot
    finnrot

Well, Im happy to report 11 years after I posted this, my eye sight is fantastic!

I can still read small print, but it's a little blurry. I went to costco and got a 3 pack of those cheap reading glasses. One in the car, one at work, and one at home.

I'm sorry I swore so much in my posts from 11 years ago.

-fin

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Wow, I was reading the posts and didn't realize the time was way back. I am thrilled with your update-except wondering how the cost is and NOW who is the go-to doctor? I'm in Houston and just started experiencing the bit about having to remove my glasses or move them far down my short pug nose to read. I hate surgery (like 13 so far), but I guess if I can manage a full tummy tuck with just and epidural, I could probably manage the lasik thing. The bit withthe eyes though-thats a bit nerve wracking. I really LOVE my sense of vision the best of all my senses.

• finnrot
    finnrot

Hi JWdaughter, My recommendation would be the doctor I went to, Dr. Thoma in Newport beach. But I would say that distance precludes you from using his services.

After the facility in Sacramento screwed up my original surgery, I got the bright idea to ask my opthamologist who the best eye doctor in the state was. My doctor told me I would have to go all the way to Newport beach to get the best doctor, I live in san Jose. I told my doctor I didn't care, and to book me an appointment with doctor Thoma in Newport beach. After all, vision is extemely important, I don't care if I have to drive a few hours to get the best doctor available.

The cost to me was around $3,500, it's probably a little more now. Who knows, maybe like computers the price went down.

Ask your eye doctor who he would to for LASIK if he were the one getting surgery.

-fin

• cantleave
    cantleave

Since my Lasic my small print vision has been poor but that is completely over-ridden by perfect long distance vision. I wore glasses from the age of 8 until I have the surgery at 44.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit