laser surgery

by finnrot 24 Replies latest jw friends

• finnrot
    finnrot

Thanks Big Tex, I must have had LASIK surgery then. The doctor recut my old flap, from the previous surgery and then the laser took over. It was quick and painless. In and out in minutes.

-fin

• Princess
    Princess

Yep! Me too, had it done two years ago and still about 20/15. The first time it failed to correct my astigmatism completely so I had a re-do and ended up with perfect vision. I don't even think about it anymore! I forget that I spent years not being able to see clearly.

I snuck up to Canada and paid $1000. Such a deal! My brother had it done the year before me and he is 20/15 too. Totally awesome. If you are considering it, I highly recommend it. I had Lasik. They cut the flap and then use the laser. When I had the re-do they were able to just pull up the flap that had already been cut about six months earlier.

Rachel

• TR
    TR

Hey! What about the "See Clearly Method" as hawked by Mariette Hartley?

TR

• LB
    LB

OK, cutting on eyes. I am going to type the rest oif this message with mu eys shut tight.

• Scully
    Scully

I have been wearing glasses and/or contact lenses since I was in my early teens. Im trying to get up the nerve to go for the LASIK procedure. I just have to get past the anxiety about someone actually cutting my eyeballs.

I had the misfortune of having to witness cataract surgery while I was in my nurses training. It wouldnt have been so bad, but the hospital where I was training was doing a study for Johns-Hopkins University and was videotaping each operation. The video feed went directly to a 26" television. The entire screen was filled with the image of surgery on the patients eye.

After about 5 minutes in front of the TV (where the doctor wanted me), watching this giant eye being cut into, I had to rush out of the O.R. and barf.

Ahhhh, memories.

Love, Scully

• mustang
    mustang

Gee Scully,

The cataract surgery didnt seem so bad from where I was: strapped down on the Operating Table!!!

Actually the first one was trouble and had to have additional stitches on a second emergency pass. The second one was like: when is it going to hurt?? Hey, we're DONE!!!!

And like Laser Surgery (so I hear; I can't have that done) it IS A MIRACLE!!!

Finnrot: I had mine done at a good CATHOLIC HOSPITAL about 10 miles from yours.

Mustang

Edited by - mustang on 22 August 2002 4:5:59

Edited by - mustang on 22 August 2002 4:6:51

• finnrot
    finnrot

Mustang, after my surgery, I took my daughter and mum on the Balboa cruise to see the rich bastards mansions along the beach. It was fantastic, and one of the houses was listed for sale at $22,000,000.00. Each house was beautiful, and all had a giant yacht parked directly outside, in the bay. One yacht was so huge, it blocked the view of the mansion next door, so the neighbor complained. The guy with the yacht walked over to his complaining neighbor and bought his house from him right then and there. It must be nice.

I also saw these tiny little boats off in the distance, as we got closer, I realized that they were little 4 and 5 year old little rich bastards, learning how to sail in little custom made sail boats. it really looked hilarious seeing these little bastards leaning over the edge of their little sail boats as they performed turns.

-fin

• Been there
    Been there

I don't know much about this, I know you can have surgery for people that can't see far away but do they have surgery for people who can't see to read? I have glasses all over the house. It's driving me crazy. I can't read anything without glasses anymore. I would love to do something surgicaly. Anyone know of any nutritional ways to help reverse this? I know it's normal but it's happening so fast.

• finnrot
    finnrot

Been there, before laser surgery on my eyes I was practically blind. After my first surgery, I could see distance, but not well enough to read street signs very well and certainly not well enough to read lisence plates. I also needed reading glasses after surgery. By the way, they kinda screwed up my first surgery and made me a little far sighted, so I found out what it was like to be far sighted also.

Now, after my second surgery, I can read lisence plates, sharp and clear. And even though my doctor told me that I would probably need reading glasses, I find that I can read the phone book. So for now, I don't seem to need glasses at all.

-fin

• Kep
    Kep

I had my eyes done back in '96 as well.

It sounds like the procedure they used on me was a bit behind the times. When I was done they used some scraping tool and took the layer off the front of the eye, such a horrible feeling, no pain, but you see the tool and feel the pressure of it on your eye, eeeekk.

In saying that though, I have perfect vision, well, perfect enough for me, altho I am accused of having "man eyes", nothing wrong with the vision it's just seeing what I'm looking for it the problem.

Kep

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit