worst JW introductions

by sleepy 35 Replies latest jw friends

• sleepy
    sleepy

What were the worst introductions you remmeber people using on the ministry?

"Hello my friend and I....."

"hello we've been talking to your neighbours, do you think we can ever see a peaceful world?"

One sister in my hall would have the Watchtower and Awake open and would just start reading a paragraph when someone answered the door.

Edited by - sleepy on 21 August 2002 4:10:50

Edited by - sleepy on 21 August 2002 11:8:20

• minimus
    minimus

"we are talking to you and your neighbors"....I'VE GOT MY OWN RELIGION....."Oh, we're not here to change your religion"

• Witch Child
    Witch Child

Really? She would just start READING at the person??? That is truly awful. I thought all the intros were pretty bad. There was one sweet old lady in one of the halls I attended that could not make a point to save her life. She would just start rambling away at the folks going on and on without ever actually SAYING anything until they shooed her away.

Yikes!
    ~Witch

• minimus
    minimus

The sister probably learned this from the meetings.

• Jesus Christ
    Jesus Christ

There was one sweet old lady in one of the halls I attended that could not make a point to save her life. She would just start rambling away at the folks going on and on without ever actually SAYING anything until they shooed her away.

Reminds me of some young people that I've watched. Two guys in high school went a house that an old lady lived in. One of the guys was certainly outgoing and was always quick to make a joke whenever he possibly could. He also enjoyed embarrarsing his friends whenever possible. The other guy would usually go along with the jokes as long as no one else was around. So the two guys go up to the house and the quiter of the two is supposed to be the one talking. As it turns out the old lady is very hard of hearing and has some mental problems because she had been kicked in the head by a horse when she was younger (we know that because she told them). She was also one of those old ladies who would go on and on and on and on without stopping. You know the type, the people who will just not shut up but you would love to tell them how dumb they are. If you spent much time out in service you know what I'm talking about. Since the quiet guy was the one that started talking to her she pretty much ignored the one who liked to make life hell for his friends. After listening to the lady go on about countless unrelated subjects the prankster decides to start having some fun at the house. While keeping his mouth closed he starts talking to the quiter guy just loud enough so he can be heard but not by the old lady who won't shut up. It starts off with just "shut up" which got him the most worried look from the quiet guy until he realized the old lady didn't hear anything. The prankster went on to things like "You are so old! Even your hair is blue." and "If my friend here has sex with you, will you shut up?" followed by asking his friend what it would take for him to have sex with the old lady who won't shut up. What was horrible was the quiet guy trying to keep a straight face. There were a couple times when he visibly giggled and the woman couldn't figure out what he was laughing about. All in all though, that was the best call the prankster ever made. Yes, mean and all that stuff but thinking back on it you have to admit that it is rather humerous, even more so if you would have been there.

Suffice to say both of those guys eventually became apostates and haven't set foot in a Kingdumb Hall for years.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

OK JC (lol) which one were you????

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

My friend and I used to summarize the magazine presentation (privately between ourselves, of course) as, "Hello; we'll get off your doorstep for a dime."

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I always thought saying , "Greetings" was funny , because we don't use that here in the south, maybe , Howdy, Hey what's up, Whatchadoing, man it sure is hot today,, these are the way we start our introductions here.

I also hated it when I was with a sister who really studied her RSB, and would say in a cocky way, "You mean you are not interested in the Bible, or in God?????" I would just cringe..........

I for one , was ready to take flight and even made it easy for the householder to get rid of me.

I would love to use, I see you just woke up, or sorry I disturbed your rest on the only day you have off, Ok I didnt say that part , but wanted to. Then I would say let me just leave you with these mags or a tract and scoot my but off the doorstep and soon as I could , hoping they didnt want to talk. My little donation money purse was always empty........... I could never get used to begging for money,,, and that is what it felt like, and I hated the , "I;d like to give you the oppurtunity to donate to the world wide work if you would like". Begging... I never did it.... I was rebellious back then too, I guess.

• Jesus Christ
    Jesus Christ

Well, seeing as I'm up in heaven neither of them could have been me. If I were a teenage boy on earth going out in service back then (which I wasn't) I definitely would have been the prankster trying to make the other guy laugh.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

"Good morning, my friend and I are just making some brief and friendly calls in the neighborhood..........................................

If you wanted to get off home

"Good morning we are Jehovah's Witnesses and .....................................................

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit