My Therapist Must Think I'm Absolutely Nuts!

by Swan 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Faraon
    Faraon

You Know,

Why should your shrink think that's crazy?

They are the ones qualified to know, You know.

Actually millions of young men have left home, some voluntarily, others conscripted,

The US Armed Forces have been all-volunteer for decades. In Mexico, my country of origin, (you know, the one where JWs are allowed to bribe the officers to get their "cartillas" so they don't have to enlist), there is conscription but all you do is drill military commands for a year, one day per week.

they have shaved their heads just to learn how to go kill other people in far away lands.

They don't shave their heads, they get a low-cut hairstyle. Women are not shaved.

and have gone through months of tortuous boot camp,

Only marines go through boot camp. Army calls it Basic Training. Soldier's Basic Training only lasts two months. It not tortuous and you develop physically. It is more tortuous to have to sit in JW meetings and having to parrot their mind-numbing indoctrination, and dedicating an average of 20 hours per week to things that take you nowhere.

For low pay I might add.

When I was in the Army in the late sixties, I received $140 per month as a private. Before that I was taking home $ 300 per month working in a steel mill. Nowadays they get a decent salary, excellent food, clothes, discount shopping at the PX, comfortable quarters, subsidized college in any university, skills that will help them get a job, etc.

In spite of how dangerous and crazy the military experience seems,

Dangerous, yes. Crazy, no.

there are those who have strong convictions that their country is right and that they are willing to kill and to be killed for their country.

Jesus said to buy a sword. Where is a sword used? Early Christians did not join the army until they were in power. Then, look at the bloodshed they left following their gods.

Thanks to our soldiers you are not under Hitler, Hiroito, Stalin, or their successors. If the whole country was JW in 1941 there would be no army. You would be speaking German, Japanese, or Russian, and not be a dub since they would not allow it, or maybe they would and form their own army, but they would lose since they don't believe in higher education. Remember that your god could not win a battle because the enemy had iron wheels. Look at theocratic countries like Afghanistan and other Arab countries. Try to peddle your trash there and see what happens. No freedom of speech and dissent there.

We joined WWII after being attacked. Ever since then, we have been going to war to protect ourselves or defend other countries.

Jehovah's Witnesses have similar convictions in our faith, only we direct our efforts into more peaceful pursuits.

Like what? Where are your hospices, hospitals, shelters, food pantries, orphanages, hospices, etc.? You surely follow Jesus' advice on that! Even your parent company, the Adventists, have many hospitals in the Chicago area. They don't forbid vaccinations, organ transplants, or blood transfusions. Horror! They even cook in aluminum utensils and believe in germ theory. I grant you, though, that covering up child molesters is peaceful because it keeps the congregation numb and peaceful by not making waves. Who cares about little children! They keep the pedophiles happy! And joining the UN is peaceful too. Oh, yeah, and breaking families by shunning surely keeps the congregation peaceful.

Too, other young people join the Peace Corp and are willing to live in poverty in some 3rd world nation in order to do what they feel is right.

Don't you dare compare your destructive cult to people who exude agape love by helping underdeveloped countries help themselves! They help others build dams, wells, teach better agricultural and cattle raising methods, etc. Your publishing corporation is only interested in gaining converts to a mythical war god that does not exist.

What's so crazy about that?

Ask any normal person. The last times JWs came to my door. I asked them if they had read any books on cults. They all said. "I don't need other books, I have the bible!" Now you tell me if there isn't something seriously crazy with that answer.

Faraon

• Swan
    Swan

Dear Celtic;

You poor dear!

Not only did I firmly believe that I was born in the wrong sexual gender, thinking for many years that some genetic mutation had taken place, a woman trapped in a mans body but also just to double whammy the situation I also thought I should have been born a black man and not a white man. When I first told the therapists this, I was so sure that they would think I was completely cracked and like you, believed that at any moment, a concern I raised with the counsellor, that they would cart me off to the nearest mental institution to section me, straightjacket an all.

It must have been a very confusing time for you. It is hard to trust a therapist with your innermost feelings and thoughts. There are many people with gender conflicts, birth abnormalities, etc. that the JWs dismiss without any regard to medical science. Fortunately there are many good and patient therapists and counselors out there who will listen to us as we talk about our feelings, respect them, validate them, and then help us sort them out.

Good luck to you!

Tammy

• anewlife
    anewlife

Hi Tammy:

Anyway, I too am seeing a counselor and it's quite interesting to me as well hearing the words come out of my mouth as to what I USED to believe! My counselor just shakes her head and the only thing she does allow herself to say about it is, "I have a real problem with this 'JW Program'." I thought it interesting that she refers to it as a "program" as if it is a way of life that is followed, mapped out and dictated to you as to what is right and wrong and what you can't do and what you can do......OH, wait a minute.....that's EXACTLY what it is! The way I'm treated as a DF'd person is really hard for her to understand...it's so unreasonably harsh, unloving and unforgiving.

I find talking with my counselor validates my feelings that this organization has done nothing but bring about harm and pain to me and it is in my best interests for a successful life to be rid of the "JW Program."

anewlife

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit