watchtower.org and freeminds demonized at study

by heathen 25 Replies latest jw friends

• heathen
    heathen

tdogg- I can agree it sounds so elementary but I do believe that verbal reading skills are important .The thing that gets on my nerves is if they appoint one that requires a degree in eubonics to understand or anyone with a strong accent .I also don't understand a religion that disregards the scripture that states women to learn in silence yet women are allowed to answer at the bookstudy yet they are never appointed as the assigned reader. I mean they even make everyone sit through the theocratic ministry which includes women on stage reading scripture and playing out conversations but yet they can't read at the book study ,so everyone just pretends to be listening in on a conversation rather than accepting the fact that they are teaching the gospel in front of the congregation . [:?]

• abbagail
    abbagail

I agree with tdogg who said, "I have always had a problem listening to someone read something as I follow along. In fact it was excruciatingly boring and almost drove me to insanity at times."

I can relate to the INSANITY part. In early grade school we had to read out loud, and I always loved doing so, and was quite good at it. So, during the JW years, it was always TORMENT, like you say, having to sit and LISTEN and follow along. My mind would wander unless I was reading. But I figured it was "discipline" that I needed; and humility to learn to put up with the miserable readers they would use all too often.

As far as females reading at book studies: The best book studies I ever attended were where they actually let the entire group TAKE TURNS READING PARAGRAPHS. That was GREAT! One elderly elder used to do it that way (but only if there was no proficient brother available); but out West they allowed this (years and years ago). Women read better than men for the most part (at least in the cong I was in), so, yes, too bad all that talent went to waste.

Overall, this thread was hysterical funny! Lotsa Laughs! Enjoyed it very much!

Grits

• mevirginia
    mevirginia

As we were digesting the spiritual food at the bookstudy tonight [yes I actually had to see this for myself] the topic of watchtower.org and freeminds came up from the elder in charge of the study.He flagrantly discredited freeminds with verbal sarcasm and distain and condemned watchtower.org as apostate and totally demonized the website .During this he mentioned he was not abliged to answer any of the questions that may have been raised about the society and beliefs because he felt that jesus didn't always answer the pharisees with what they would have expected like something that would incriminate himself.Then the term legal department was brought to the fore.I really couldn't believe this is their reaction to inquiring minds.

This was the topic of your book study?

• heathen
    heathen

This was not the topic of the book study.We were covering the Isaiah book chapter 29. This was something the conducter pulled out his ass because he saw some new faces such as mine there,and I believe it was also due to gossip about my internet activities .

• COMF
    COMF

As long as he's talking about it, he's keeping its existence fresh in the minds of the zombies. One day the pressure of curiosity will build up... if not in the adults, then certainly in the kiddos.

• heathen
    heathen

yes I can see it now comf the forbidden fruit scenario all over again ,wahahahahhahah

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit