watchtower.org and freeminds demonized at study

by heathen 25 Replies latest jw friends

• heathen
    heathen

As we were digesting the spiritual food at the bookstudy tonight [yes I actually had to see this for myself] the topic of watchtower.org and freeminds came up from the elder in charge of the study.He flagrantly discredited freeminds with verbal sarcasm and distain and condemned watchtower.org as apostate and totally demonized the website .During this he mentioned he was not abliged to answer any of the questions that may have been raised about the society and beliefs because he felt that jesus didn't always answer the pharisees with what they would have expected like something that would incriminate himself.Then the term legal department was brought to the fore.I really couldn't believe this is their reaction to inquiring minds.

• blondie
    blondie

heathen, was he talking about watchtower.observer.org? Watchtower.org is the WTS official website.

• minimus
    minimus

I read this a couple of times. What are you talking about?

• heathen
    heathen

AS far as I can remember it was watchtower.org I don't remember him saying observer .lol what a dope he trashed his own web site

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Now THAT is the mother of all Freudian slips! ROFLMAO

• heathen
    heathen

That's what you get when you try to pull something out of your ass during an outlined book study .I really didn't catch it till minimus posted I just assumed he was talking about the observer. that really killed me minimus

• minimus
    minimus

SEE HEATHEN, this is what we get with our interchange of encouragement.

• blondie
    blondie

heathen, you might refer him to this KM article:

*** km 11/97 3 Good News on the Internet ***

In our technological age, some people obtain information from electronic sources, including the Internet. So the Society has put on the Internet some accurate information about the beliefs and activities of Jehovahs Witnesses.
    Our Internet Web site has the address http://www.watchtower.org
    and contains a selection of tracts, brochures, and Watchtower and Awake! articles in English, Chinese (Simplified), German, Russian, and Spanish, as well as in other languages. The publications on this Web site are already available through the congregations and are in use in the ministry. The purpose of our Web site is, not to release new publications, but to make information available to the public in electronic format. There is no need for any individual to prepare Internet pages about Jehovahs Witnesses, our activities, or our beliefs. Our official site presents accurate information for any who want it.
    Although our site has no provision for electronic messages (E-mail), it lists postal addresses of branches around the globe. Thus people can write to obtain more information or to receive personal assistance from Witnesses locally. Feel free to share the above Internet address with any who might be inclined to begin learning Bible truth from this format.

Edited by - Blondie on 19 August 2002 22:27:29

• heathen
    heathen

It's all coming back to me now .He did mention the official website but didn't mention the web address .He definately condemned watchtower.org as apostate.This all happened with the assigned book reader agreeing with him .tweedle dee and tweedle dum.

• musky
    musky

"AS far as I can remember it was watchtower.org I don't remember him saying observer .lol what a dope he trashed his own web site"

heathen, It has been a while since i laughed this hard. LOL LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit