Nitpickin' Moaners

by invisible 41 Replies latest jw friends

• dubla
    dubla

jan-

way to twist my words. im guessing you just figured most people wouldnt bother checking the link, so you could just spin it any way you wanted to. i guess ill have to quote specific statements here, *sigh*.

So criticising US policies, and in particular criticising an action which killed a number of innocent civilians, is "bigoted"?

what a bunch of bull, and the sad thing is, you know it. when did i ever say criticising the military action was bigoted? i didnt...its just your sad attempt at nullifying my statements. heres what i said jan, to refresh your apparently short memory:

you can express bigotry in many ways. one way is to single out a group of people, stereotype them, and then make sweeping negative statements about them, as if you were above that particular group.

now, to break this down, the group i was speaking of is americans. i said you made sweeping statements about americans....stereotyping. right? heres one of your quotes from that thread:

To Americans, non-American lives are not worth shit.

this type of statement has nothing to do with "criticising u.s. policies" as you would so like everyone to believe was your sole intent on that thread. comments like these are made for one reason: to bash a group in hopes of elevating yourself above them.....namely bigotry. you see, by accusing all americans of caring only for americans, you attempt to elevate yourself to a higher position......in other words "jan is not an american, therefore jan cares for all humans, not just his own countrymen".

call it what you will as you strive to appear innocent in the matter......i call it pathetic.

I realize that anyone having ever criticised your beloved home country and their bombing of a wedding is "bigotry" to you.

again, just to reemphasize, this is a complete twisting of my argument. i dont think critisizing anyones policies is "bigotry". you seem to be in the business of fabricating ideas in your haste.

And that says everything we need to know about your ethics and particularly lack thereof.

now that ive explained it to you in black and white, i definitely expect an apology from you for falsely attacking my ethics.

Blind, fanatical patriotism is, however, a form of bigotry. And you demonstrate it very well.

i challenge you to provide proof of my "blind, fanatical patriotism". am i a blind fanatical patriot simply because i didnt condemn that particular military action as you did? interesting criteria for considering someone to be "fanatical"....or were you just fabricating again?

aa

Edited by - dubla on 19 August 2002 16:58:17

• JanH
    JanH

dubla,

You're a blind, fanatical patriot for going around with a grudge against me for something I wrote about your country's mass slaughter of civilians months ago. You are a bigot for accepting done to other ethnical groups what you would not accept done to your own. And you're a fanatic for bringing this up again now.

Your ethic, or lack thereof, stands condemned more and more for each message you post.

Btw, very clever to bring up nationality in this subject. I am sure you hope to make USians rush to your side to defend you. You are a pathetic coward!

- Jan

• Imbue
    Imbue

Dubla is this a bigoted statement? It was the opening post to the link you provided as proof of Jan's bigotry. I believe you need to read it all in context.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=31283&site=3&page=1

Author
    Topic: Norwegians Harm Whales Read 505 timesBe the 1st to rate this thread
    Magog
    Since: Jan 4, 2002

Advertisement

Life in Biblical Israel (Library of Ancient Israel)
    King, Philip J.
    $39.95 $27.97
    Norwegians Harm WhalesJul 02, 2002 00:15

Norway to defy ban, resume whale exports to Iceland

By Inger Sethov

OSLO (Reuters) - Norway said Friday it would defy an international ban on commercial whaling and resume exports of whale meat to Iceland after a 14-year break. Oslo said it would issue an export licence to a whaling company in the next few days to send 10-15 tons of minke whale meat to the North Atlantic island, although whales are on an international list of endangered species.

Arrogant Norwegians don't care about these poor endangered creatures. Norwegians terrorize this vulnerable species. If only Norwegians would look outside their own little dark country to see what the rest of the world thinks of them. Norwegians just don't understand anything because of their ignorance of the environment. Their radical, selfish left-winged government is probably in cahoots with Osama bin Laden.
  • puzzled
    puzzled

LB

I'm now getting sick of the moaning about the moaners.
    amen brother LB
  • dubla
    dubla

imbue-

the statement youve provided here is an overtly bigoted statement, yes. in other words, it was intended to be very bigoted, for a reason........its satire. magog was pointing out how bigoted jans statements about americans were, and he was doing it by using satire.

aa

• dubla
    dubla

imbue-

just to clarify......afa context goes, you need to read the entire thread from the first link i provided before you jump to the second link. the sole purpose of the second thread (started by magog) was to make note of jans obvious bigotry in the first thread. i hope this helps.

aa

• Imbue
    Imbue

Dubla have some patience and please tell me what is bigoted about this statement? Many of us make generalizations at times it doesn't prove the person is a bigot. I bet you have generalized about JWs many times yourself. Does that mean you are a bigot? Actually isn't you name Dubla a slight toward the name of Jehovah's Witnesses? I believe JWs would find your slighting their name to be bigoted and very offensive.

JanH
    Emperor Class

Norway
    Since: Mar 17, 2001
    Re: I see the US are still committing gross act...Jul 01, 200214:50

The Bush administration seems to thrive on a 'US vs them' paranoia. If their actions the last months have not been deliberate attempts to piss off the rest of the world, they have little idea about what goes on outside their country. While this latest disaster was undoubtedly an accident, it shows how little non-American lives matter. Ask any non-US gulf veteran.

I actually suspect the Bush administration deliberately alienate the rest of the world because they hope it will help get Bush reelected. If some reactions from 'patriots' here are representative, this may well succeed.

The latest blackmail attempts that play with Bosnian civilian lives are detestable and will win no friends overseas. See http://europe.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/europe/07/01/bosnia.peacekeeping/index.html

Too bad that the goodwill towards the US after 9/11 is being eroded. I guess it's true as they say, a 500 pound gorilla can sit anywhere it wants.

- Jan

Edited by - Imbue on 19 August 2002 17:31:27

• dubla
    dubla

jan-

You're a blind, fanatical patriot for going around with a grudge against me for something I wrote about your country's mass slaughter of civilians months ago.

whos holding a grudge? its not a grudge jan, its quite simply this: from that point forward (the day of that original thread) ive known you are a bigot. no amount of time will change that simple fact, so i dont have to hold on to anything as you imagine i do. you made your true colors known to all, so unless youve had a change of heart since then, its just fact.

You are a bigot for accepting done to other ethnical groups what you would not accept done to your own.

um, proof please?

And you're a fanatic for bringing this up again now.

actually, i didnt bring it up now, and i wouldve been happy to leave it where it was. YOU asked for specific proof, so i provided it. to start with on this thread, i merely labeled you a bigot, which you are........i wasnt the one trying to dig up old information, but since you demanded it, i obliged.

Your ethic, or lack thereof, stands condemned more and more for each message you post.

um, okay. and you have yet to refute my specific proof of your bigotry. can you?

Btw, very clever to bring up nationality in this subject. I am sure you hope to make USians rush to your side to defend you. You are a pathetic coward!

again, i wasnt attemting to bring up nationality, i was talking about you being a bigot, which you are. you demanded proof of this bigotry, and the proof that i have to offer happens to be about nationality. its not my fault you made your hatred for americans public jan, that was your choice. the last thing id ever hope for is for anyone else to defend me.....why would i? i made a specific accusation, and i backed it up, for which you have no rebuttal except to label me a pathetic coward.........im a coward for providing the proof YOU aksed for! lol, how ironic.

aa

Edited by - dubla on 19 August 2002 17:33:3

Edited by - dubla on 19 August 2002 17:34:0

• LB
    LB

good grief

You two......

your a bigot...no your a bigot...no you are

• dubla
    dubla

imbue-

i have to run, but ill respond the best i can quickly, then revisit this tomorrow......

Dubla have some patience and please tell me what is bigoted about this statement?

nothing. when did i say it was? please read back over my posts, and youll see me quote an exact statement by jan which i believe to be very bigoted. bottom line is, he showed his true feelings about americans when he let that line slip.

Actually isn't you name Dubla a slight toward the name of Jehovah's Witnesses? I believe JWs would find your slighting their name to be bigoted and very offensive.

well, if jws find my name to be bigoted and very offensive, then i apologize. no its not meant to be nay sort of slight btw, its merely my nickname "double a", shortened to dubla. my initials are a.a., and the name just stuck awhile back (maybe 7 years ago or so). again, i hope this helps, gotta run.

aa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit