WT October 15, 2015 - Don't believe Apostate Lies

by Designer Stubble 65 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble

The last article in this new WT, shows me that the organization is dealing with much information that is damaging them. I am sure that the many recent lawsuits are being noticed by the R&F.

We must be very selective about what we consider worthy of our attention. Especially could those who are new to the Internet conclude that a report or a news item, however strange or sensational, is true simply because it is online or because a friend sent it via e-mail.
    It is also unwise to forward recordings or transcripts of Bible talks. Furthermore, forwarding research material, verses extracted for Bible study, or answers to use at congregation meetings would detract from the value of each individual’s personal preparation.
    And what should you do if you find slanderous news about Jehovah’s organization on the Internet? Such material should be firmly rejected...Jesus, who was the object of false accusations, warned his followers that enemies would persecute them and “lyingly say every sort of wicked thing against [them].”
    Above all, love refuses to believe malevolent insinuations about Jehovah’s organization or lies about our brothers that are circulated by people who are slaves to “the father of the lie,” Satan the Devil.
  • joe134cd
    joe134cd
    Yup safe to say from those comments they are certainly feeling the heat.
  • just fine
    just fine
    I was told yesterday by an elder who came to my door (I didn't tell him of my background), that they don't let their members die because of the blood issue, it's just a falsehood propogated by internet sources. I said "you and I both know that's not true." That was the end of the conversation.
  • wifibandit
    wifibandit

@just fine Internet sources? Like these?

"Jehovah's witnesses do not argue that blood transfusions have not kept alive patients who otherwise might have died." Blood, Medicine and The Law of God p.38

"In former times thousands of youths died for putting God first. They are still doing it, only today the drama is played out in hospitals and courtrooms, with blood transfusions the issue." Awake! 1994 May 22 p.2

Because I remember getting this at the Kingdom Hall. Printed on cheap paper.

• Magnum
    Magnum
    And what should you do if you find slanderous news about Jehovah’s organization on the Internet? Such material should be firmly rejected.

I thoroughly agree that slanderous material should be firmly rejected, but what about factual material? The org is programming its members to assume that any anti-JW stuff they read is slanderous. But how would a JW know it is unless he read it and gave it careful consideration?

• just fine
    just fine
    Yes - I had the blood card back in the day, but didn't share that with him. It's funny though how when they think you are just another worldly person they will tell you that it's all lies. He gave me the song and dance about the things they do accept and how doctors say those are better than blood.
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    It must be so hard to write articles for the WT while your pants are on fire.
  • StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

I once had a conversation with my dad where he was saying that even if they do bad things, we must follow the Organisation. The reasoning behind this is that the Jews were selected by God and had to remain Jews despite their evil priests and kings. Likewise, the JWs are selected by God and we need to stay in the arc, good or bad.

I then told him: The Jews were selected by blood, by their race. Later on, they were rejected as a whole for their actions. Today, God's people is to be identified by its actions. Thus, we have no other option but to analyse the actions of our religion, the good and the bad and make our informed decision. Wouldn't it be possible for a good religion to go bad? Isn't it exactly what happened with the Jews? Isn't it exactly what happened to the first Christians? Why could it NOT happen to the JWs?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

WT October 15, 2015 - Don't believe Apostate Lies.

......................................WHAT LIES??!!

...................Image result for JW.ORG bROADCSTING

Image result for nO COMMENT

...........................The Big Fat Apostate Lies..

.......................THAT NEED NO EXPLANATION!..

......................Image result for JW.ORG bROADCSTING

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Jesus, who was the object of false accusations, warned his followers that enemies would persecute them ...

The difference being that the WTBTS is the object of TRUE ACCUSATIONS!

Let's review: It's a cult!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit