Oprah Awards $50,000 to Silent Lambs

by abbagail 32 Replies latest jw friends

• witchywoman
    witchywoman

Thank you Grits for bringing something so important to our attention. Consider it done. A small task, there is no one that deserves it more than Bill Bowen, and I would love to see him get it.

witchywoman

• lv4fer
    lv4fer

I put in my two cents also. This is a great idea!

• sf
    sf

Has anyone else received an email confirmation that your nomination was indeed received?

Mine was an auto-reply. I'm a mass emailer, so I've seen the differece between an auto-reply and an actual reply.

Anyone, yet?

sKally

• patio34
    patio34

Hi Grits! What a phenomenal idea! I filled mine out and sent it too. Thanks so much for thinking of this! --Pa t

• abbagail
    abbagail

Hello Hello People! I stayed offline for a whopping 24 hours or so, and am so pleased to see all these new posts! THANK YOU to Pat and lv4fer and witchywoman! and, yes, boy oh boy! Wouldn't it be great to see Bill on the show to receive the award! That would be really fantastic. I actually have a "gut feeling" it is very possible!

SF: I wouldn't think anyone would get a specific reply yet. The auto-reply said they get tons of email. I would imagine it would take them some time to read our suggestions and then do a little investigating on their own BEFORE they would actually reply to anybody. Of course, I don't know for sure how it works, but I am merely guessing. They might get their staff to work on reading the Silent Lambs website and all of the links FIRST, and they might even order videos of Dateline, Panorama, etc. to look at before they make a decision about using Bill as an award recipient. -- And, I hope not, but it could be they already have all their recipients picked for the upcoming TV season; and it may be into the NEXT season before they would have room for more current recipients. Again, I have no idea whatsoever how things work "behind the scenes" at the Oprah show. Just speculating.

THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE!!! (and now this thread will go BTTT!) ;)

Kind regards,
    Grits

• Michael3000
    Michael3000

GRITS:

I just posted my nomination for Bill, too.

TROY:

Be sure to include the Oprah link in your Jah Christians e-mail newsletter!

WITCHTOWER, BABBLE & TRICK SOCIETY - YER GOIN' DOWN!!!

• abbagail
    abbagail

THANK YOU Michael13000 for making your nomination! And an extra thanks for the plea to Jah Christian newsletter. I didn't think about that. I hope your friend Troy see this!

Thanks again!
    Grits

• willy_think
    willy_think

Sent in my request :)

• abbagail
    abbagail

Hey Hey! Thanks Willy_Think! We are now up to about 23 people (between here and the SIlentLambs Guestbook) who have written to Oprah/nominated B.Bowen, et al, for the Use Your Life Award! We're doing good!! Thanks!

Grits

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

Hope it isn't too late.....but I just sent in my nomination!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit