What's your favorite kitchen..........

by scootergirl 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan

In my defense, I do make bread too, but haven't all summer. Too lazy I guess. It seems more of a cooler weather thing to me. Dave and I don't use much bread, and it always gets moldy.

Baking stones are the best!!! I have several and use them all the time. Definitely get one.

I also love my large Kitchen Aid mixer. I bought it on eBay for about $100 less than they sell in the stores. New, in the box too. I use it all the time.

I can't cook without wooden spoons. I always wonder when a woman stirs with a serving spoon. (You are a man after my heart, Lew............you seem to know how to cook, for sure.........your potato salad was THE BEST)

I also love my Pampered Chef chopper and garlic press. I also use a large whisk. My large SHARP butcher knife is out everyday too, and a good paring knife.

To make everything, I use LARGE bowls. I have several, and they are all in use when I cook for the family.

When I fry (fish usually............and oysters), my mother told me the key to doing that without making a mess, is to use a DEEP frying pan. So, I have several cast iron (covered in enamel) pans that are deep and I use them all the time. Large, deep and no mess spattering.

• COMF
    COMF

My cappucino maker, of course. It went belly up on me Thursday, and I didn't get another until last night. I've been so lost without my morning latte (whimper)

• Granny Linda
    Granny Linda

Lucky Lucy,

This was a fun thread, but even moreso that you mentioned my all time favorite...Mel Gibson.

Damn, that man is too gorgeous. Not many people seem to understand my lusting attitude, but hey, he could cook in my kitchen anytime.

Granny

• Mulan
    Mulan

How could I have forgotten my espresso machine? I LOVE it!!

• COMF
  • COMF
    COMF

(Oops, heh heh... forgot about that problem with single-quotes)

Lindy, hon, this one's for you.

http://pages.sbcglobal.net/fredsaw/Files/Bobbie_Gentry-Slow_Cooking.mp3

• Princess
    Princess

OK, I've had time to think about it some more. I haven't tried the mini loaf pans but I bet they are great. I have the deep dish stone with the stone bowl cover, great for chicken and the pan alone is great for everything, I love it. The large rectangle baking stone is awesome for pizza, cookies, chicken nuggets and just about everything else.

OXO salad spinner...absolutely the best.

My Capresso Cappucino machine, ooh la la. Can't get along without it.

Rachel

• Scarlet
    Scarlet

I love my pizza stone. Pampered Chef is the best. My favorite Item though is my Wok.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

My George Foreman Grill...that thing rules!! Everyone rush out and buy one today!

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Joanna, for that, I use my Weber Kettle outback. No fat or grease and that outdoorsy taste. I prefer a charcoal grill when cooking outside over a gas grill.

Hmmm, I just remembered I still have a couple New York Steaks in the freezer. Maybe they'll get put on the grill this week

Lew W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit