What's your favorite kitchen..........

by scootergirl 42 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

SILICON! Silicon is non-toxic and neutral. Think glass.

• Silicon spatulas. You can stir boiling pots with them. They don't stain like the rubber ones.
    • Silicon baking sheet. Nothing sticks. Washes like a dream. I also want a silicon muffin tray. The commercial places use them. No more muffin papers! No more greasing!
    • A rubber sheet about six inches round, for opening jars. A girly girl like me can't be without one.
    • Garlic press.
    • Disposable plasticware. I never have to touch green fuzz again!
    • Wooden cutting board and a good knife. Men beware!
  • larc
    larc

I have bought my wife a number of kitchen things because she loves to cook and she likes good kitchen gadgets. Over the last few years, I bought her high quality knives, a large KitchenAid mixer, and a bread maker. However, I think her favorite kitchen tool is a food processor. My favorite when I cook is a can opener for soup, and a microwave for a frozen dinner.

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

Oh.......jgnat..........I am VERY interested in that silicone baking sheet! Thanks for the link! Do you have one? Like it? Tell me more about the spatulas.........(adding this along w/a pizza stone to my shopping list).

I too have:

• garlice press......love it!
    • food processor......actually TWO.....large and small one.....love it!
    • can opener......LOL
    • wooden cutting board (like it 110% better than a stupid glass one...YUCK)...along w/good knives
    • bread machine.......actually had TWO but sent one home w/eyegirl. I like to use it for initial mixing, but bake in my oven

But........can any of you say you own a

RONCO TATOR TWISTER?

Please don't be jealous of me........but, yes, I can make, at any given time those delicious curly fries! I am the envy of the town! LOL.......it goes well w/my fry daddy! (what possessed me?!)

I also own a large pressure cooker (for canning is a MUST) and a smaller one for basic cooking. Love being able to roast a chicken and have it at the table in 45 minutes!

• Jesika
    Jesika

Well, I am no Martha Stewart, but my boyfriend does all the cooking here-lol.

So, my most useful is the beer bottle opener sorry I couldn't be more help.

I here your wide mouth jars are pretty popular (little bird told me), might want to stock up---lol.

Love Ya,

Jesika

• jgnat
    jgnat

Yes, I bow down to the Silicone gods. They can stay away from my breasts, but in the kitchen...

The spatulas come in candy colours and also wash like a dream. I picked mine up in a kitchen gadget store. The clerk says her husband swears by them for stirring his porridge (he can't melt 'em).

The baking sheet, no limit! I cook everything on them. Cookies, fish sticks, pizza, chicken breasts. Everything except when I am broiling. That is just too hot. Also, keep your honey away if he has a knife. He nicked mine.

• Princess
    Princess

I love my stone from Pampered Chef as well. My family would stop eating bread if I didn't have a bread machine. My husband won't eat store bought bread and my son informed his grandma Mulan that he doesn't eat store bread either. Makes great pizza crust to bake on my stone. I have never used a bread machine mix, always measure out my own ingredients.

Rachel

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

jesika wrote:

I here your wide mouth jars are pretty popular (little bird told me), might want to stock up---lol.

LOL........who would have thunk it?! LOL

jgnat.......so, I don' t have to "special order" the silicone spatulas?

princess......the stonewear that I am looking at from Pampered Chef is the mini loaf pan.....the one that you can bake FOUR loaves at once!

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

I sent an email to Lew......but got to thinking that I would give you guys the info to.....

Awhile back I posted a thread about a book closeout site.......I have gotten numerous cookbooks (and others too) from this site at extremely low low prices (50-95% off retail!)

http://www.bookcloseouts.com is the site.......make sure to check out their clearance section too! You would be suprised at what you can find! My husband did ask me to "curb by addiction to cookbooks" being that I am running out of cupboard and countertop space! LOL.......

• LuckyLucy
    LuckyLucy

Mel Gibson...with nothing on exept a frilly little apron.

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

Fave gadget in the kitchen? My computer

Actually I am a domestic goddess in hiding these days. I love cooking, baking, being creative. I don't have many gadgets as of yet - but when I am able to get some - a melon baller is on the list, as well as a space saver coffee maker (timed) and a radio. (I seriously need help moving in the morning now that my girls are old enough to do their own thing)

When I get to renovating - I'm turning a closet into a place to hang my pots and pans so I don't have to crawl on my knees to get them. I also love those wire organizers that make the corner cupboards actually usuable. And a real tea-pot. The cupboards will become bookcases (for cookbooks) and plants and pics.

Damn it all! Take me to IKEA right now! LOL

Mimilly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit