Most JW women are adulterers

by Faraon 55 Replies latest jw friends

• Faraon
    Faraon

1 Corinthians 11 1 Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.
    2 Now I praise you, brethren, that ye remember me in all things, and keep the ordinances, as I delivered them to you.
    3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.
    4 Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonoureth his head.
    5 But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.
    6 For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered.
    7 For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man.
    8 For the man is not of the woman: but the woman of the man.
    9 Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.
    10 For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels.
    11 Nevertheless neither is the man without the woman, neither the woman without the man, in the Lord.
    12 For as the woman is of the man, even so is the man also by the woman; but all things of God.
    13 Judge in yourselves: is it comely that a woman pray unto God uncovered?
    14 Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?
    15 But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.

This is not a truth. It is a Corinthian doctrine quoted word for word from the letter they sent to Paul which he then refuted like this:

The churches of God have no such custom. That is the answer to this custom which we call doctrine today. And it still is a Watchtower doctrine because they are ignorant of scripture and believe the lies and customs of the Corinthians over that of Paul and the churches of God.

Joseph,

I do not know what apologists have been telling you, but nowhere does it say that that this is an word for word quote and and answer to a letter written to him by the Corinthians. On verse 16 Paul changes the subject from man-woman relationship to one of contentiousness and divisions that goes to the end of thapter 11.

16 But if any man seem to be contentious, we have no such custom, neither the churches of God.

17 Now in this that I declare unto you I praise you not, that ye come together not for the better, but for the worse.
    18 For first of all, when ye come together in the church, I hear that there be divisions among you; and I partly believe it.
    19 For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.
    20 When ye come together therefore into one place, this is not to eat the Lord's supper.
    21 For in eating every one taketh before other his own supper: and one is hungry, and another is drunken.
    22 What? have ye not houses to eat and to drink in? or despise ye the church of God, and shame them that have not? what shall I say to you? shall I praise you in this? I praise you not.
    23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, that the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:
    24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.
    25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, this cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.
    26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.
    27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.
    28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.
    29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.
    30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.
    31 For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.
    32 But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.
    33 Wherefore, my brethren, when ye come together to eat, tarry one for another.
    34 And if any man hunger, let him eat at home; that ye come not together unto condemnation. And the rest will I set in order when I come.

22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.
    23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
    24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
    25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
    26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
    27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
    28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.
    29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:
    30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.
    31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.
    32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.
    33 Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.

This is another example of the same problem but with the Ephesians this time. Paul refuted their views, doctrine or mystery as he called their views by responding to it and canceling out their mystery like this:

So Paul put down this Ephesian doctrine, view or mystery and replaced it with this view which was also in agreement with the churches of God and the gospel. It does not surprise me that the Watchtower agrees with the Ephesians and not with Paul or the gospel on this matter.

Joseph,

Mysteries were part of pagan churches, and churches were already borrowing their language and customs. I do not know what apololyinists are trying to put into your mind, but again Paul does not indicate this was a rebuttal to their doctrine. He goes into loving your mate, but loving your mate and subjection are non exclusive terms. He orders wifes to submit into their husbands, and that the man is the head. Period. He does not say that husbands should submit to their wives or wives are the head or equal in command.

To illustrate this in a crude manner, I could love my dog, but he is not my partner in decision making. Paul was saying the same thing. Love your wives, but you are the head, and they must be subjected.

Rene

• Faraon
    Faraon

COMF,

Sancho = Watchtower Babble and Trick Society

• zev
    zev

scully, and others....

here is a picture and description of "Jehover's Woman"....

note paragraph 6:

Faraon,

You asked:
    "Can anyone help me here, and give me biblical reasons why men are also adulterers when belonging to the WT?"

According to the WBTS, July 1,2002 WT page 10, paragraph 6:

The woman of Isaiah 60:1-3 is Zion, Jehovah's celestial organization of spirit creatures. Today, Zion is represented on earth by the remaining ones of "the Israel of God," the international congregation of spirit-anointed Christians, who have the hope of ruling with Christ in heaven. (Galations 6:16)

*** Rbi8 Galatians 6:15-16 *** 16 And all those who will walk orderly by this rule of conduct, upon them be peace and mercy, even upon the Israel of God.

There is a picture of a woman on this page with caption: " Jehovah's "woman" is commanded to arise."

So that would make MEN of the annointed, belonging to the WT,who are married, adulterers.

Or, maybe homosexual adulterers. ????

Edited by - zev on 18 August 2002 17:39:52

• nancee park
    nancee park

THE WOMEN MINISTERS CONTROVERSY (RO 16:1):

All the way into this Century the more common view has been that the Bible nowhere allows female ministers even though at Romans 16:1 Paul says "I recommend to you our sister Phoebe a minister of Cenchreae's congregation," and he asks that she be assisted because she defended many including himself (16:2), though translations variously also call her a deaconess etc. Also, few note that Prisca, also called by her longer name Priscilla, along with her husband Aquilla both risked their lives for Paul, maintained a church or house congregation in their private home (Ro 16:3), and that she and Aquilla took in Apollos, already a capable teacher, and instructed him even more correctly about God (Ac 18:26). Further, Paul said let older respectable women be TEACHERS of what is good, though it is true that he also added that haughty women must not teach or disrupt meetings (1Co 14:33-4), something obviously equally true for men who are haughty.

In reality the only true perfect teacher of a Christian group was to be the Bible itself through which comes the wisdom of God's own Spirit (2Ti 3:16). Also, note that not a few but in fact many women went to minister to Christ and the 12 apostles, women were among the 120 receiving Holy Spirit at Pentecost (Ac 1:14) and women definitely prophesied, meaning that they as well as men saw and spiritedly spoke out for God's will (Ac 2:17-8). Some other notable women in the New Testament part of the Bible are Lydia, Dorcas, and Martha. In the Old Testament or Hebrew-Aramaic scriptures Esther, Ruth and Naomi, Martha, Sarah were notable, and Judges tells us that Deborah was a Judge, meaning she served, leading decisively, as did other Judges like Samson.

In reality each individual believer and groups of two or more believers has the right to decide for themselves as to who actually deserve to be called their house (of God) servants, meaning their ministers. First century structuring was by autonomous cooperating house-churches rather than by a top-down hierarchy such as Rome later forced onto believers until Protestantism renewed much of the lost Christian freedoms. Paul said all things are possible but not all things advantageous (1Co 6:12, 10:23) so, for example, even today in some places, notably in some Muslim lands, calling a woman a minister could even endanger her life.

Therefore, as Paul said, we should simply let each Christian group make the decision as to whether or not to consider a respectfully behaved Christian woman as in fact acting as a minister for them and others (Romans 4:15, 14:1-5, 1 Cor 10:23). Properly-speaking, being a servant of God (minister) is not a position of power and control over others, but simply an untitled condition of humble, helpful service, an acknowledgement of fact by virtue of deeds and attitudes.

Writing in the year 111 A.D., not long after the apostle John's death, the anti-Christian Roman Pliny the Younger noted that he had had two women tortured for being deaconesses, that is congregational servants (unsalaried ministers). In October 2000 Jimmy Carter, a former USA President, disassociated himself from the Southern Baptist Convention which he said was trying to force all members oppose women ministers, although staying a deacon in his Plains, Georgia Baptist church which, like some other Baptist churches, is not against women ministers. Called such or not, in fact good women have always been good servant-ministers, and in case any may wonder, a Christian man wrote all the preceding which is in line with the Bible saying that in Christ all servants are simply Christians regardless of sex, race, etc (Ga 3:28, Ac
    10:34). Courtesy of http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jahchristian

• Scully
    Scully

Zev??

Is that a LEASH around her neck??

oy vey!

Love, Scully

Edited by - Scully on 18 August 2002 17:48:54

• zev
    zev

please take a good look at that picture.

notice the leather strap wrapped around her neck?

what is that?

is that how "jehover's organization" beats its women into submission?

*** Rbi8 1 Timothy 2:11-12 *** 11 Let a woman learn in silence with full submissiveness. 12 I do not permit a woman to teach, or to exercise authority over a man, but to be in silence.

• zev
    zev

scully???

confused yet?

• somebody
    somebody

scully,

Did you check out that pose of Jehovah's "woman" too?

You and I should attend a meeting someday and stand against the back wall just like that!

Does imitating Jehovah's woman fall under loose conduct? [;-)]

peace,

somebody

• Scully
    Scully

Gwen:

"Jehovah's woman" is going to get the reputation for being someone who appears to enjoy being on her knees around a man.

BTW, she also looks like she's getting ready to beg for a MilkBone.

Love, Scully

• zev
    zev
    someone who appears to enjoy being on her knees around a man.

woo hoo.

"jehohah's "woman" is commanded to arise".

and i thought that was the mans job

and zev is backing off this one, before we steal a thread.

Edited by - zev on 18 August 2002 18:21:24

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit