Most JW women are adulterers

by Faraon 55 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Very good points, everyone. This is definitely something I want to save.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

<------------------ *sits in corner rocking back and forth, thumb in mouth, contemplating Scully's post*

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Siddhashunyata, you are so correct about the Watchtower's views of men. As long as you tow the line with their doctrines, you may be the head of your house. Ask the wife's opinion and you'll likely get a whatever you want, you are the head type of answer.

One thing that happened to me, along with all the rest of the crap I have mentioned over the months, was right after I remarried and tried to build a decent step-family. It's hard enough but with the demands placed by the elders, it is near impossible. My early efforts were to bring all together into a blended family. One way I tried, was by taking turns having each of her 3 kids say grace before supper. I figured it would make everyone seem equal and along with other efforts, gradually bring us all together. One of the kids mentioned this to an elder, that each took a turn saying grace, girls included. (no, I didn't make them put a napkin on their head)

I was drawn to the back room and "counseled" for shirking my duty as the head of the house. Only I was to say grace, which I found a bit ridiculous as well as legalistic.

What utterly amazed me, though, was that the same elders also accused me of being abusive and militaristic if I tried to have rules in the house. Eventually, all of this led to my becoming inactive and eventually, disassociating myself. After I DA'd, then I was no longer the head. The kids were told this by an elder, but I could never get him to admit it. So, after 8 years, the divorce papers are filed and I look forward to their finalization this November.

While the JWs are not the sole reason for the breakup, they also did nothing but encourage it, either.

Sometimes, you just can't win for losing. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Lew W

• Scully
    Scully

SixofNine:

I guess what I was saying, in a round-about way, is that JW "company men" REALLY ARE mutha-f***ers.

Love, Scully

• Faraon
    Faraon

Ok,

Can anyone help me here, and give me biblical reasons why men are also adulterers when belonging to the WT? I will change the topic to Most JW are adulterers?

For instance:

Deuteronomy 24 1 When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house.

It does not say "When a wife hath taken a husband, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes... "

I really believe in a shared partnership, but I need ammunition to condemn those @*% in their own ground!

I have three daughters and would not like them to fall into the cult to be someone's robot.

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

1 Corinthians 11:3 ,
    But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man ; and the head of Christ is God.

Faraon,

This is not a truth. It is a Corinthian doctrine quoted word for word from the letter they sent to Paul which he then refuted like this:

11 Nevertheless neither is the man without the woman, neither the woman without the man, in the Lord. 12 For as the woman is of the man, even so is the man also by the woman; but all things of God. 13 Judge in yourselves: is it comely that a woman pray unto God uncovered? 14 Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him? 15 But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering. 16 But if any man seem to be contentious, we have no such custom, neither the churches of God.

The churches of God have no such custom. That is the answer to this custom which we call doctrine today. And it still is a Watchtower doctrine because they are ignorant of scripture and believe the lies and customs of the Corinthians over that of Paul and the churches of God.

Ephesians 5 23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
    24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

This is another example of the same problem but with the Ephesians this time. Paul refuted their views, doctrine or mystery as he called their views by responding to it and canceling out their mystery like this:

32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church. 33 Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband. 1 Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right. 2 Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promise;) 3 That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth. 4 And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. 5 Servants, be obedient to them that are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as unto Christ; 6 Not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but as the servants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart; 7 With good will doing service, as to the Lord, and not to men: 8 Knowing that whatsoever good thing any man doeth, the same shall he receive of the Lord, whether he be bond or free. 9 And, ye masters, do the same things unto them, forbearing threatening: knowing that your Master also is in heaven; neither is there respect of persons with him. 10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. 11Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. 13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. 14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; 15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: 18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints; 19 And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel, 20 For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

So Paul put down this Ephesian doctrine, view or mystery and replaced it with this view which was also in agreement with the churches of God and the gospel. It does not surprise me that the Watchtower agrees with the Ephesians and not with Paul or the gospel on this matter.

Joseph

Edited by - JosephMalik on 18 August 2002 16:0:0

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Keep dreamin' Joseph. It's actually kinda cute to see people grab hold of their cognitive dissonance and beat it into submission.

But still, is it reasonable to think that a few of you, simply by your desire for a kinder, gentler Paul, have actually found a bible mystery that the rest of us couldn't see with a simple reading of the verses?

He said what he said. If it doesn't fit into your world view, good for you. No need to get your brain twisted just to make it fit though. The bible is demonstrably not gods word anyway, so why do you care?

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

thanks for the post --my wife recently left "running away to her lover" as it seems. I wonder what the suit and tie crew will say when i argue my case using your logic? Thanks for the reasearch -

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Faraon, remember that the Bible was written by males in a male dominant society, believeing that women were little more than their personal possessions. Evidence of this is that no real provision was made for the female divorcing the male for any reason. I look at the bible in this regard and although historically, it was for males, I look at it as equally applying to both males and females.

Here are what some commentaries say about Deuteronomy 24:1;

Jamieson, Fausset, Brown ;

CHAPTER 24

Deuteronomy 24:1-22. OF DIVORCES.

1-4. When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes--It appears that the practice of divorces was at this early period very prevalent amongst the Israelites, who had in all probability become familiar with it in Egypt [LANE]. The usage, being too deep-rooted to be soon or easily abolished, was tolerated by Moses (Matthew 19:8). But it was accompanied under the law with two conditions, which were calculated greatly to prevent the evils incident to the permitted system; namely: (1) The act of divorcement was to be certified on a written document, the preparation of which, with legal formality, would afford time for reflection and repentance; and (2) In the event of the divorced wife being married to another husband, she could not, on the termination of that second marriage, be restored to her first husband, however desirous he might be to receive her.

Matthew Henry Complete Commentary
    on the Whole Bible

This is that permission which the Pharisees erroneously referred to as a precept, Mt. 19:7, Moses commanded to give a writing of divorcement. It was not so; our Saviour told them that he only suffered it because of the hardness of their hearts, lest, if they had not had liberty to divorce their wives, they should have ruled them with rigour, and it may be, have been the death of them. It is probable that divorces were in use before (they are taken for granted, Lev. 21:14), and Moses thought it needful here to give some rules concerning them. 1. That a man might not divorce his wife unless he found some uncleanness in her, v. 1. It was not sufficient to say that he did not like her, or that he liked another better, but he must show cause for his dislike; something that made her disagreeable and unpleasant to him, though it might not make her so to another. This uncleanness must mean something less than adultery; for, for that, she was to die; and less than the suspicion of it, for in that case he might give her the waters of jealousy; but it means either a light carriage, or a cross froward disposition, or some loathsome sore or disease; nay, some of the Jewish writers suppose that an offensive breath might be a just ground for divorce. Whatever is meant by it, doubtless it was something considerable; so that their modern doctors erred who allowed divorce for every cause, though ever so trivial, Mt. 19:3. 2. That it must be done, not by word of mouth, for that might be spoken hastily, but by writing, and that put in due form, and solemnly declared, before witnesses, to be his own act and deed, which was a work of time, and left room for consideration, that it might not be done rashly.

Smith's Bible Dictionary

Divorce,"a legal dissolution of the marriage relation." The law regulating this subject is found ( 24:1-4) and the cases in which the right of a husband to divorce his wife was lost are stated ibid ., ( 22:19,29) The ground of divorce is appoint on which the Jewish doctors of the period of the New Testament differed widely; the school of Shammai seeming to limit it to a moral delinquency in the woman, whilst that the Hillel extended it to trifling causes, e.g., if the wife burnt the food she was cooking for her husband. The Pharisees wished perhaps to embroil our Saviour with these rival schools by their question, (Matthew 19:3) by his answer to which, as well as by his previous maxim, (Matthew 5:31) he declares that he regarded all the lesser causes than "fornication" as standing on too weak ground, and declined the question of how to interpret the words of Moses.

If any of your daughters wished to marry anyone who held to a strict view of this historical, account, I would recommend she seek another husband. I have two daughters myself, both married.

Lew W

• COMF
    COMF
    In Spanish we call that kind of man "cabron"

Allow me to introduce myself. I am Sancho.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit