Most JW women are adulterers

by Faraon 55 Replies latest jw friends

• Faraon
    Faraon

1 Corinthians 11:3,
    But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man ; and the head of Christ is God. See also

8 For the man is not of the woman: but the woman of the man .
    9 Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man .

Questions:

1. Who is the head of the woman?
    2. Was the woman created for the congregation or the man?
    3. Would it be adultery for a woman to have sex with the man's boss, or his boss's boss?
    4. Would it be spiritual fornication to bypass the man for an organization?

Ephesians 5 23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
    24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let thewives be to their own husbands in every thing .

Questions:

1. Does this mean that if the man no longer believes in WT doctrine, she still would have to be subject to him, or to the WT?
    2. Is the WT subject to Christ?

"A marriage or a family needs leadership. The man was created with a greater measure of the qualities and strengthsrequired to provide such leadership . For this reason the Bible says: 'A husband is head of his wife as the Christ also is head of the congregation.' (Ephesians 5:23) This is practical, for when there is no leadership there is trouble and confusion. For a family to be without headship would be like trying to drive an automobile without a steering wheel. Or, if the wife were to compete with such headship , it would be like having two drivers in the car, each with a steering wheel controlling a separate front wheel."
    "As husband, you clearly have the more difficult role in the family. But if you make a sincere effort to fulfill it, your wife most likely will feel inclined to give you help and support. - Proverbs 13:10; 15:22." [You Can Live Forever in Paradise on Earth 1982, 1989]

Questions:

1. Is the man or the WT created with ... to provide such leadership?
    2. If a JW is disfellowshipped or disassociates himself, is the wife permitted to say amen to his prayers or discuss religion with him?
    3. What about replacing " if the wife were to compete with such headship" with: if the husband were to compete with the Watchtower's heaship, would be like having two drivers in the car, each with a steering wheel controlling a separate front wheel?
    4. Are their children told by the wife to follow JW doctrine or her husband's thoughts?
    5. Who is then the head of the family, the WT or the husband?
    6. Isn't it adultery (at least in the spiritual sense) to have other men be the heads of your wife?

Even in the case of practicing JWs, they let the Borg dictate their wive's way of life, and become their heads. In Spanish we call that kind of man "cabron": someone who lets other men have their way with their wives.

Edited due to red font where unitended

Edited by - faraon on 18 August 2002 12:47:22

Edited by - faraon on 18 August 2002 12:49:15

• outnfree
    outnfree

Without having read your post, I was ready with my answer, faroan. I understood exactly where you were going with this remark, too. As the JW wife of an unbelieving husband, I would have to say that I was an adulteress -- not physically, but emotionally and spiritually -- because of my belief in the organization and the right of its hierarchy to dictate the way I behaved.

out

• Faraon
    Faraon

Actually I really believe in a marriage being frienship and reaching accords mutually. Final decisions do not have to do anything with gender. If an accord is not reached, a third party, such as a counsellor or a mediator without invested interests should be consulted. The problem with WT is that they phariseically worm their doctrines into every aspect of a couple's life, dictate how they must behave in bed or other areas, such as disciplining the children, etc.

Couples are not left with the option of shared decision making. That can also destroy a marriage because it leaves the burden of decision making to the husband, and leaves the wife feeling like a puppet.

Couples cannot be intimate in all aspects of life for fear of a spouse's snitching to the borg.

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

Very interesting Faraon!

I congratulate you on seeing the situation for what it is:

As a side note, I would just like to say that JW MEN are adulterers in the sense that they become obsessively preoccupied with what they perceive to be "a woman" or "god's earthly organization." This of course, gets to the point where they (the jw husbands) actually fail to give their real, human wife "her due" by this I mean the honor and the love that is due as well as everything else.

In such cases, I would think that a wife of a die-hard JW has every right to excercise her freedom to find a more suitable mate. I am experiencing this crossroad in my life and feel perfectly OK with my quest to find someone who will view me as a partner and not as some "domestic -machine" while they go on their 5-date per week affair with the "Other Woman."

Thanks for listening, I needed to vent.

YoursChelbie.

Edited by - YoursChelbie on 18 August 2002 17:48:0

• Siddhashunyata
    Siddhashunyata

Yes the WTBTS manipulates the males by holding their wives as hostages. If the male does not "reach out" he risks the respect and trust of his wife. When the marriage breaks up the general consensus is that the "brother" brought it on himself. That feeling of injustice is motivating many to post here . This stuff goes on and on because the WTBTS is a government that is protected by the First Amendment. Basically it can do as it pleases and ,as a voluntary member, you will suffer the consequences. This forum meets them on their own ground and represents a voice of dissent. That's why the forum must be protected. It represents a "leaking in' of democracy . A cry for justice against this high control organization . The weapon of choice is "disfellowshiping". That weapon needs to be ignored by the membership and this forum offers that opportunity.

• Siddhashunyata
    Siddhashunyata

Chelbi, sorry I posted to soon . Your feelings are certainly on target. Either way the WTBTS is destructive to a marriage unless both mates succumb. The Society knows what it is doing.

• The Alchemist
    The Alchemist

Interesting post and all the comments above. I personelly think that much of what Paul wrote was his own personel opinion. But using their (WTBS) "logic" against them is a good idea> I actually did this. During my divorce with my JW wife I mentioned that she had commited adultry against me. Her mouth fell open. I used your reasoning as my argument. Of course she thought it was nonscience. But I think not. I think all loyal JW's are adulters to God. THey worship and adulterize themselves to their organization. Dave

• Scully
    Scully

Chelbie:

Your point about men having 'an affair' with the Organization to the detriment of their marriage is spot on.

The really disturbing thing about this thought is that JWs often refer to the Organization as "Mother", ie: 'Jehovah is our Father, therefore the Organization is our Mother'.

Now put that thought together with yours, and I have to ask: How SICK is THAT??

Love, Scully

Edited by - Scully on 18 August 2002 14:31:51

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Buncha freakin' swingers, those j-dubs I tell ya!

On a more serious note, Chelbie, it would be a good thing, imo, if you took the advice of just about every expert on self and relationships, and ended the one relationship, and then got comfortable with *just chelbie*, and then went looking for another relationship. Otherwise, it seems to me, you're setting yourself up for alot of trouble, not to mention alot of unnecessary pain for you and your current spouse.

• Faraon
    Faraon

Out,

I meant my response after yours to be addressed to you, sorry I did not include your name

YoursChelbie,

I agree with you, except that I could not remember biblical verses to back up my post. As you know there is a double standard in the bible. A married man was only an adulterer if he messed with someone's property/wife. He would not be stoned to death for adultery if he had sex with an unmarried woman. The wife would not have any claim against him. She could not claim adultery because she was his property. It was only man who brought the charges.

I find it silly that Jesus would allow adultery to be a cause for divorce. In the old testament a divorce could be obtained if a man would find something undecent about his wife, but adultery mandated execution. Divorce would be a moot point if your wife was an adultress because the man would be a widower if she was stoned to death.

Consider the following weekly strain in an average JW family. Not only in mates, but also children:

5 meetings/week = 5 hours

Publishing time = 2.5 hours + 0.5 to read the instructions, meet with brothers, etc. = 3 hours

Personal study = 2 hours

Family study = 1 hour

Changing into suits, combing, etc to get ready for meetings = 0.5 hours x 3 studies and 1 publishing day = 2 hours

Socializing, cleaning the KH, before and after meetings = 2 hours

Traveling to and from meetings, house to house, etc. = 4 hours

That is a wasted 20 hours that could be invested in the family, a second job, or self improvement.

Add the cost of gasoline, automobile wear and tear, suits, ties, good shoes that you must wear to meetings, books, magazines, etc. You could buy a lot of things for your family.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit