Ozzie's Weekend Poll #16

by ozziepost 33 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

LOL @ Tish!!

• Scully
    Scully

Ozzie:

Most of the time I enjoyed going door-to-door, until I started feeling something was amiss with the Org. Then it felt hypocritical to go, so I didn't.

But I think a lot of dubbies like going in service for those e x t e n d e d 15-minute coffee breaks.

Love, Scully

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Ringing the door bell and running away

• SpiderMonkey
    SpiderMonkey

Yeah, I do remember thinking about which houses we'd like to take over after Armageddon... My favorite, though, was the coffee breaks, like Scully mentioned... One thing about New Orleans is good coffee & pastries And then there was the occasional day when all the pioneers would say (not in these words) "I've had enough!" and declare a big eat-out lunch w/ margaritas and no more witnessing for the day

• SpiderMonkey
    SpiderMonkey

(Oh, and my favorite of all time... Working with Brother Not-So-Strong-In-The-Truth, who was an absolute riot to be around, and no less so in field service... One day we were working one of the richer territories, cutting up from door to door as per usual... It was "my turn," so I rang the doorbell, and THEN he let loose with a muffled, drawn-out fart; I mean it lasted for a good 3 seconds at least. And then there was a brief "poot" that followed. Well, we were already laughing, and then he said, "That was the period at the end of the sentence." A maid came to the door almost right after that, and we were both chortling and trying to hold it in... I had to apologize & say that my friend had just told me a joke. Needless to say, that "call" didn't last very long )

• ISP
    ISP

Thats was about the top and bottom of it!

ISP

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

hmmmm 8.

I loved the extended coffee breaks - you know - the ones where many counted their time because an Awake was on the table and the other customers could see it?!

I found service VERY difficult, especially with two very young kids. Add to that, all the other young kids who justifiably got bored, tired, hungry and were chastised for being normal.

8. yep.

Mimilly

• blondie
    blondie

I guess coffee breaks (8) is my choice. I don't like door to door work of any kind for any reason. I don't mind phone work or talking to people informally.

• Dizzy Cat
    Dizzy Cat

Well, personally, I was out of work at the time and spent time *out in the field* ..... this helped my ego and gave me a feeling of self worth. Especially as I felt I was doing Gods work - what better way to spend ones time?

Never looked at others houses as my future though, thats just sick.

I also enjoyed meeting people who had a listening ear. Which was obviously quite rare .... so off your list, probably #1 .

• Larry
    Larry

# 3

Peace - LL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit