Tiring of Anti-JW causes?

by ashitaka 48 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

Talking to a brick wall is very frustrating. I like progress, making a difference. If it feels like I am not making any, I find something else to do.

It is also destructive to be negative all the time. The WTS feeds on peoples fears and negativity of the "world" outside the organization. I am guessing that some who leave the WTS carry that negativity out with them, except afterwards it is against all that religious you-know-what. I also have friends that are big in to anti-abortion and animal rights who regularly horrify themselves with pictures of boiling cats or wiggling fetuses. I just couldn't work myself up to such a frenzy. I have been close enough to real evil in my life to deliberately expose myself to more. One of my friends in to the anti-abortion thing chose a new path, which I try to model. She decided to be pro-children instead of anti-abortion. She started Kids Cottage, a place where frustrated parents at the end of their rope can drop off their children while they go get counselling. Stopping the abuse before it happens. It has been a huge success and helped many people.

I do not know how this could be applied to an anti-JW campaign, but for now I am satisfied to study and learn.

• minimus
    minimus

FARKEL, DON'T YOU DARE EVEN THINK ABOUT NOT CONTINUING YOUR HELP TO NEWBIES!!!

• ARoarer
    ARoarer

Hi Ash,

It has been a while since I have posted here on the board, what with the craziness of summer days, and vacation. But your thoughts touched me especially since I know you personally and have had the chance to spend time with you and Mrs. Ashi. I can only say that you have helped more people than you realize. When I left the borg somewhere along the line I came across the learning experience that the Watchtower can control us in ways that are just as debilitating as when we were in. The one thing they taught us well was that we should not love ourselves because we are not worthy of God's love or theirs if we don't live up to thier expectations for us and others.If we didn't perform thier view of "works" we were unlovable. period. It is easy to carry this belief over and apply it in all aspects of our lives. "we are unlovable if we don't warn others of pending destruction". Ashi, our happiness and contentment with ourselves should not be determined by how many people we help or save. The happiness and contentment begins when we look into our own selves and begin to love ourself enough to finally take care of us. To nurture and heal our hearts and soul from the pain inflicted by those who told us we were never good enough. When we do this without guilt we begin to open up our heats to new beliefs about our stregnths, talents, limitations, and weaknesses. We begin to set new boundaries for ourselves and shed those toxic old beliefs we formed about ourselves as being unworthy. We learn to give to others in new ways not as "rescuers" but as fellow human beings contributing in many different ways, whether they be JWs or not. You have much to contribute Ash, not just to JW's and exJWs. There is a whole brand new world that is non-Watchtower out there. You have much good in you Ash to contribute.

Edited by - ARoarer on 18 August 2002 21:25:53

• SpiderMonkey
    SpiderMonkey
    Suddenly, I was struck by the novelty of the idea: 'I think for myself!' But this same epiphany has happened many times already, always in a different time or place.

Cellomould, thank you for that post! I truly appreciated this... Ashitaka, this is one of the reasons why I, for one, am still here. Somone posting something out of the blue that I remember experiencing or thinking myself... Who knows, maybe I have done the same for someone else. Whether I have or not, though, and whether I ever do or not, I think this is a fun place. Deprogramming is fun. Poking fun at Bleep is fun

• Farkel
    Farkel

Joseph,

I'm sure you know that I like you and respect like a big brother,.

: No, helping others is what a disciple does.

I know about the many hard years and hard work you have put in your your life presenting the results of your work, and I respect you for that.

What about when one is worn out in that service? Isn't there any grace for that?

Because I could sure use a break, and I don't want to feel guilty about it. 'Till now, I've only been driven by a mission that said to me, " make a difference using what you have to give." Now, I'm saying to myself, "I did and gave it my best shot. But I'm REALLY tired of doing this shit."

I wonder if our Creator understands and accepts that one, Joseph.

Farkel

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

barb,

thanks for the words...I agree. I promise I'll email you soon...been busy around the Ashi household lately, but I'm sure you've been appraised of that. Hope you're doing well.

Fark,

aye. I'm tired, so tired, too.

I think the time for duty waxes and wanes. If we don't LIVE then what we've been helping people to do is moot.

ash

• Beans
    Beans

Great Thread Ash! I realize that there is only so much you can do here on the other side, what we think is the turning point or the demise of the BORG means very little to your average DUB. One can get wrapped up in the exjw world and I find now that I would like to do things that will bring them down but have realized that there really isnt much one can do that really has an impact.

I find that I will only put my efforts into something that can make a difference so I have chosen promoting the Quotes web site as it is there own material and the only thing a brainwashed DUB will look at as it is from there own teachings.

Beans

• jgnat
    jgnat

How about Christendom's concept of a sabbatical, Farkel and ashitaka? Go and get refreshed and come back to give us another go? You know, after 6 "days" of creating, declare it all mightily good and have a break?

Edited by - jgnat on 18 August 2002 22:48:53

• JT
    JT

the comment was made we are helping nonjw from getting in

and that became my concern early on, after reading tons of material on cults i realized that to spend time trying to get folks out could be draining emotionally and time wise- showing a jw tons of proofs only to be told: "SO WHAT I AIN;T LEAVING THE TRUTH"

THAT is very hard to take and we see that over and over as posters relate trying to help family only to have them SHAFT THEM

well i realized that due to the indoctrination process, it would be very hard

but with NONJW it is so easy- deep down inside most nonjw think jw are a litttle weird anyway AND ALL WE DO IS CONFIRM IT FOR THEM

for many nonjw i deal with showing them Silent lamb treatment by the org was enough to keep them out

i have helped nonjw to know what many of us did not know WHAT QUESTIONS TO ASK BEFORE BECOMING A JW- since you cant ask them afterward smile

so you may need to redirect who you are trying to help- to try and help folks who don;'t want the help is a waste of time in my view and that is how i view most jw a waste of time IT IS ONLY WHEN THEY WANT TO KNOW THE REAL DEAL

FOR MOST IT CAN'T BE FORCE FEED

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit