My cat--Need Your Help in Naming Her

by patio34 48 Replies latest jw friends

• Scully
    Scully

Hi Patio

When you mentioned "Lady Cat" it made me think of "Fraulein", which is German for "Miss".

It's also close enough to "feline" to make it a sort of play on the word.

Love, Scully

• Seven
    Seven

Hey Patio, :) You don't have to be in any rush to name your cat. One will come to you out of the blue that fits her personality. I know several cats named Moo Shi, Moo Goo and General Tso, named after their owner's favorite Chinese dishes. Kinda sick but the names suit them. My cat died recently and I haven't had the heart to go looking for a replacement. :( I miss my boy. He kept my keyboard dusted. Thanks for this thread. It brought back some good memories this morning. Love, Seven

• butalbee
    butalbee

When I was growing up we had a big black and white furball named "doppy dumb nuts".

I love cats, I have 3 cats, and an african serval. You shouldn't rush into a name, you should wait and watch the kit's personality and the name will just jump out.

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Seven, Quasi died? Oh, no! I'm so sorry. ****HUGS*****

Just a thought on the Bonsai name. The correct pronunciation is Bone Sigh....not bonzai. So....unless you think Bony is a good nickname.....

Topaz sounds nice. We have eight cats right now, and one is a very small, 15-year-old dilute tortoiseshell who came with the name of Anastashia. It suits her.

The rest of our cats are Raphael, Bumper, Muggsy, Rynn, Princess Arabella, George and Toby.

• patio34
    patio34

Thanks all for the great suggestions! Two days ago, I just started calling her Cat because I couldnt settle on a name. Now its kinda sticking. Its Cat, short for Catherine, Cat Ballou, Cat Woman, etc.

After reading the Clan of the Cave Bear series by Jean Auel, it finally dawned on me why cats are so aloof. Dogs are a domesticated breed of wolves, which are highly social animals. Cats, of course, are related to BIG cats, who often are solitary animals.

Heres a little ditty about the kitty: Dogs have owners, cats have staff.

Cheers!

Pat

• larc
    larc

Hey patio, we have two little, three month old kitties, and they are very affectionate. The one kitty follows my wife around, much like a puppy. I hope they don't out grow this.

• patio34
    patio34

Hi Scully, Seven, RHW and Bultabee, thanks for the great suggestions! Sorry about your cat, Seven. Its amazing how attached we can become to them, huh?

Hey Larc, What cuties they must be. I bet the follower doesnt outgrow it. I had a cat like that once (Rascal). My cat, Cat, (heh,heh) brought a ball to me the other night in my bed to throw for her. Theyre funny, huh?

Pat

Edited by - Patio34 on 20 August 2002 23:29:48

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

JanH....thanks about the cruelest, sickest thing that I've ever seen! I can't imagine anyone doing something like that to a animal. It make's me think of what they are doing to the poor dog's in Afganasten, useing them as ginny pig's with poisonest gas, killing them. What ever impelled you to post such a thing! That was sick.

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

P.S. I wish someone would cram this sick indiviuals in a small jar and make them suffer in the way that they are making these poor animals suffer....

They are sick and EVIL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit