Arrests in Child abduction case-Bodies found

by ISP 20 Replies latest jw friends

• ISP
    ISP

Missing Girls: Two Arrested

Two people have been arrested on suspicion of the murders of missing schoolgirls Holly Wells and Jessica Chapman.The arrests follow a police search of a Soham Village College in Cambridgeshire and a nearby house which uncovered "items of major interest".A 28-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of the girls' abduction and murder and a 25-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of both girls' murders.

They were arrested in Cambridgeshire around 4am and taken to separate police stations.

Statements

The families of the missing 10-year-olds were the first to be told of the arrests.

It is the first time police have admitted they now fear that the girls are dead since they disappeared 13 days ago.

The bodies of neither child has been found.

Detective Chief Inspector Andy Hebb said items of interest to police had been preserved at the scene and would be subject to a comprehensive forensic examination.

St Andrews Primary School, which the girls attended, was also being scoured for clues in a process that was expected to last several days.

The arrests came after two people gave voluntary statements to police on Friday night.

It is understood that the home of the father of the 28-year-old suspect has been cordoned off by police in preparation to be searched.

The house is in Littleport, 15 miles north of Soham.

Edited by - ISP on 17 August 2002 13:42:59

• Prisca
    Prisca

What I found really disgusting is that the couple arrested were shown on tv days earlier, saying what lovely girls they were, the woman was showing the cameras some of one of the girls' schoolwork etc.

My heart goes out to the families and friends of the girls. What a horrible experience for the parents.

• ISP
    ISP

Prisca...the woman gave interviews to the press and TV. She is a pale creepy looking woman. I'll post a picture if i can find one. She is/was a classroom assistant that knew the kids. She said that one of the girls wanted to be her bridesmaid when she got married. He was the caretaker. When are we going to start profiling people that work with children?

ISP

• Prisca
    Prisca

ISP,

Yes, I saw her on the news here. I can see what you mean about creepy looking. I find it hard to comprehend how a woman could do such a thing to 2 innocent little girls. Unbelievable.

• frogit
    frogit

A school caretaker and his girlfriend have been arrested in connection with the murders of missing schoolgirls Holly Wells and Jessica Chapman.

Full story http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/2199168.stm

frogit

• ISP
    ISP

Thanks Frogit,

They both look sinister to me!

ISP

Edited by - ISP on 17 August 2002 13:31:39

• ISP
    ISP

Bodies now found..........

ISP

• ISP
    ISP

Missing Girls: Bodies Found

Two bodies have been discovered just miles from where schoolgirls Jessica Chapman and Holly Wells went missing.The bodies were discovered near the village of Mildenhall, Suffolk, around seven miles from where the girls were last seen.

The anxious parents of the two 10-year-olds have been informed, but the sex or identities of the bodies is not yet known.

It comes after a 28-year-old man and 25-year-old woman were arrested on suspicion of murdering Holly and Jessica.

Alerted

A member of the public made the grim discovery around 1pm in a wooded area called Thetford Forest Park near the A1065.

The bodies were discovered beside a track surrounded by fen and farmland and police have begun a forensic examination.

Suffolk Police alerted their colleagues in Cambridgeshire to the find, near the United States Air Force base at Lakenheath, just north of Mildenhall.

One of the leading detectives in the search for Holly and Jessica, Detective Chief Inspector Andy Hebb, is travelling to the scene.

A Cambridgeshire Police spokeswoman said: "We are making urgent inquiries to establish the identities of the two bodies and to determine if there are any suspicious circumstan

• termite 35
    termite 35

Hi ISP; it beggars belief ,dos'nt it? The woman was holding a card to the camera that the girls' had made her when she left the school.

My neighbour and I watched alot of coverage last night, neither of us could sleep properly- then she called today in tears.I feel bereaved today- so tearful and ill.(i've bought my children and neices alarms)The police said that they were particularily interested in the caretaker because he seemed to be involving him self 'too much'.Is'nt it disgusting how they associate themselves with the inquiry?Is that part of the kick?

I can honestly say that as of today i'm basically athiest.

The millions of prayers that went up for those two little girls were all ignored.Along with their own screams.

So too, were the anguished cries of the parents-the distress of their families ,school friends, and the nation as a whole.What kind of God decides not to step in , in a situation like this?

I'm not a god- but if I had a measure of the power and influence he claims to be in posession of, i'd use it.

How can I respect a god that is less compassionate than I am?

There will be more prayers tomorrow- more church services-ever get the feeling noone's listening?

• ISP
    ISP

Hey termite!

It is very upsetting and very difficult to understand. We have to learn from these cases. I imagine we will find out more about these people and their background.

I also have difficulties in belief in God or at least a God that does anything.

ISP

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit