Non believers in god please.

by Monster 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Monster
    Monster

A poster( Don't ask who said, it I don't want argument with the person) here implied a while ago that many of the xjw here no longer believe in god because they cannot accept the "fact" that they willl be destroyed during Armageddon. In other words you are looking for ways to discredit that you ( You. meaning anyone) will be destoryed.

Does it help not believing in god ? (If you are one of those who don't believe in god)

Do you believe in Armageddon?

Is there any truth in the statement?

I disagree with the statement. I will keep my opinon on an armageddon to myself I know many of you if not all of you grew up believing in the Bible I don't want to step on toes.

I deliberately did not quote the exact words to avoid giving away the identity.

Thanks in advance for answers.

Peace James.

• gravedancer
    gravedancer

Monster,

Hi nice to meet you. I am one of those "non-believers"

Does it help not believing in god ? (If you are one of those who don't believe in god)

The question is not correct. One cannot "not believe" out of choice. One believes in something out of choice. I think it helps people to believe in God. The concept is a psychological crutch to gain hope and find meaning (IMHO).

Since I don't believe in god why would I believe in "Armageddon"?

many of the xjw here no longer believe in god because they cannot accept the "fact" that they willl be destroyed during Armageddon

That's like saying I don't believe in Monsters because I am scared they will bite me in half...

It's a really silly argument. Try and find proof for your beliefs, especially if you are going to invest your time, emotion, choices and money in them. If proof is lacking and you still wish to proceed please call me because I have a great business deal for you (it requires belief and I will make out like a bandit).

GD.

• JanH
    JanH

Sheesh, gravedancer. You said everything I planned to write.

I can only concur. It is not my choice to not believe in God. I just don't. The reason is I have seen nothing even resembling actual evidence for a god, and I am just not good at fooling myself anymore.

Of course when you don't believe God exists, you are not afraid God will kill you in Armageddon.

- Jan

• Monster
    Monster

It's a really silly argument. Try and find proof for your beliefs, especially if you are going to invest your time, emotion, choices and money in them. If proof is lacking and you still wish to proceed please call me because I have a great business deal for you (it requires belief and I will make out like a bandit).

Okay I thought I made it clear that I got the quote from another poster. If not let me make it clear. Another poster wrote a peice about Armageddon and what he/she felt apostates true attitudes were towards armageddon. I want to see how many may feel the way this poster claimed. . Thanks for the offer but I have my own business it's doing okay now that I have left the military.

For others if you don't understand the question please ask with out the smart remarks I will clear it up.

Peace James.

• gravedancer
    gravedancer

Monster,

I understood the question (but I only have an IQ of 35 so please be patient with me)....and I never inferred that your point was silly. The ither dudes argument is silly!!

Feel better?

• Swan
    Swan

I don't know if I qualify for this post. I would consider myself an agnostic. I am skeptical that God exists. I will keep an open mind, but until then I really don't see any method to this madness called life that can't be explained by other means. If there really was a God, wouldn't we have a clear idea about what was going on?

My theory is that God is a way for superstitious man to reconcile the fact that death is inevitable and final. It is the absence of life. Some people can't accept that. So they believe in God and an after-life, and that's okay. I think religion and beliefs like that serve a useful purpose in that sense.

So whether I die in some Armageddon or I get hit by a bus tomorrow, I will end up the same way. As Solomon said, the same eventuality. So it really doesn't matter to me how I get there, I am at peace now. In the present. As a JW I was always in turmoil, never in peace, and certainly not free. As an xJW, I am at peace with the final outcome, and I am doing some things that I hope will leave the Earth and humanity in just a little better shape. That gives me purpose.

Does that cover it?

Tammy

• garybuss
    garybuss

I wonder if Rutherford didn't have it right after all, "Religion is a snare and a racket!".

Hahaha I have hired James Randi to check out all miracles before I believe them.

Interesting how Jehovah's Witnesses went from being the biggest critic of religion on the planet to trying to become the biggest religion on the planet all without even seeing anything unusual about that little switch in priorities.

Best wishes and happy everything.

gb

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

NO NO NO GARY;

You got it all wrong! It is all the OTHER religions that are a snare and a racket!

Get it straight Gary. I hope I have been of some theocratic help.

You don't need to thank me.

• Monster
    Monster

Gravedancer my bad.

Tammy I kind of feel the same way, I believe we can't accept the fact that death is the end of it all. I know when I was in saudi we were talking about what would happened if we didn't make it. Funny how something like that made us question life, death, and god but you'll be surprised what you think of when you think you're going to die.

Hahaha I have hired James Randi to check out all miracles before I believe them.
    LOL Pass his findings on to me
  • Siddhashunyata
    Siddhashunyata

Belief and Non-belief are concepts. Together they are one way of looking at the world. Its important to understand that they both are the same. They are IDEAS. An alternative way of looking at the world is to get rid of IDEAS and just look. When this is accomplished, fear ceases and questions about Armageddon and belief become irrelevent. This does not mean you cannot participate in the acrobatics of idea juggleing . You can participate but you see ideas for what they are, limited symbols expressing , at best , relative but incomplete truths. Absolute truth can only be experienced directly, its what is , its LIFE.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit