by ThiChi 50 Replies latest jw friends

• teejay
    teejay

>> So, what did they really want?

BG,

A man like me.

• teejay
    teejay

>> I was walking out of "RedEye" in the mall after buying a pair of boots and Levi's when they announced it on the speaker.

Plum,

You have simply GOT to be kidding.

You mean they announced it over the mall's intercom? Amazing.

• anewlife
    anewlife

Kentucky Rain

Suspicious Minds

and all time favorite....I Can't Help Falling In Love With You.

I was a young teenager when he died. I was in the car and heard it announced on the radio. It made such an impact on me, I've never forgotten the date.

Cheryl

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

You have simply GOT to be kidding.

You mean they announced it over the mall's intercom? Amazing.

LMAO! NO I'm not kidding. Didn't EVERY one? LOL...My ol' man, at the time, was in another store and came looking for me..."DID YOU HEAR IT !"

Edited by - plmkrzy on 16 August 2002 23:53:49

• teejay
    teejay

Plum,

On the one hand, I totally understand... on whatever level you wanna speak on... America's fascination / idolization of Elvis.

On the other hand, I don't understand at all why sane people Americans have always fawned over the man. I just don't get it.

Since I'm able to hold two totally different ideas in my head at the same time, I ask: Does that mean I'm crazy?

Nevermind. You don't hafta answer.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    On the other hand, I don't understand at all why sane people Americans have always fawned over the man. I just don't get it.

Then your gonna love this TJ, My ol' man was an Elvis Impersonator! BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

btw I never understood it either. Use to embarrass the hell out of me.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I love, You Were Always On My Mind,,,,,,,,,,, not sure who wrote it ,, but he sang it for sure and so did Willie Nelson,,,,,,,,,,, I would love to have that song played at my funeral.

Beck,,,,,,,,,,, guess what,, i also vividly remember the day and almost the hour Elvis died,, I was shopping with my mom for groceries, and I will never forget it coming over the radio that the King was dead. I was standing there with my hands a bunch of bananas. My mother also, started sobbing, and all the other ladies in the grocery store. It even hit me hard, because I saw Elvis briefly in Memphis, getting out of a limo,, he was the biggest star to me then. I really thought my mom was going to leave my dad for Elvis ,, I hated her passion for him....... Now I understand it ... LOL..I wish she would have hooked up with Elvis and dumped my dad. Well, I can dream right?

• bigfloppydog
    bigfloppydog

The Hawaiian Wedding Song.

Don't Cry Daddy

Love Me Tender

and soooo many more. I have always been a fan of Elvis.

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

You're the Devil in Disguise

• Pancho
    Pancho

My favorite songs are

"If I Can Dream" and "A Little Less Conversation"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit