Favorite Elvis Song

by ThiChi 50 Replies latest jw friends

• LuckyLucy
    LuckyLucy

Joanna...He is not dead!! Haven't you heard !! He , Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrex, and Jim Morrison are sharing a house in the Hollywoods Hills. Where have you been? Sheesh! some people!!

My favorite song is "In the Ghetto" his voice is soooooo sexy!!

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

has to be for me--- "Can't Help Falling In Love With You" and "Suspiscious Minds"

XW

OMG- forgot about "In the Ghetto" -love that one too

Edited by - xenawarrior on 16 August 2002 18:26:19

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

Blue Suede Shoes comes to mind because I saw an old episode of SNL that had Andy Kaufman as Latka doing his Elvis impersonation. I'm going to date myself by saying I remember watching that originally air back in the 70s. Andy really nails Elvis and his mannerisms.

Here's a useless piece of trivia. I went to an office Xmas party back in 1982 at the house in Palm Springs where Elvis and Prisilla honeymooned. It also must have been the place where Lisa Marie was conceived. It was owned by a coworker's very wealthy mother, who had been married a very wealthy old man. When he died, he left everything to her and that included the house.

Of course, it was a beautiful house. Not very large, but it had all the "rich people" type stuff. Tennis court, full kitchen on the back patio for entertaining, and beautiful gardens. The one thing that stands out was the bathroom. It had an ENORMOUS bathtub. Actually, bathtub is an understatement. It was like a small swimming pool. I remember my coworker relating that no one ever used it because it took so darn long to fill it with water.

Andee

• 4christ
    4christ

early Elvis: Hound Dog (the kids love it too!)

late Elvis: Are you lonesome tonight?

peace-Lauren

• Francois
    Francois

"It's Now or Never."

• amac
    amac

Rubberneckin - He actually has some soul in this song.

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Let us not forget "Heartbreak Hotel" We all have sung this song one time or another.....

• jack2
    jack2

My fave song from The King - probably Kentucky Rain. In The Ghetto was good also. The guy had a lot of 'em, so it's hard to pick.

One of my favorite all-time Elvis albums, is, believe it or not, "Elvis Country" with The King doing Country-style tunes. No hits are on the album, but every song is good.

Oh, and a theory by my brother (who admits it's a bit far-fetched).....that in a few hundred years, Elvis might well be considered The Messiah by people living in the future. The reasons - he changed everything, drew a large following, and people reported seeing him after his (premature) death.

• Searchin50
    Searchin50

My favorite Elvis song , would be

( TOO MUCH )

Has anyone been to his home in Memphis,

I have and it's beautiful , I was such a fan of his.

Anyway no I can't belive it's been 25 yrs.

PEACE to all fans of THE KING

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Elvis....I remember the day he died...I got home from school and my mother was crying hysterically...I was so concerned for her. She comforts herself with the concept that she will be with him again in paradise on earth...sheesh!!! I keep telling her, line up mother!!

Beck

ps..fav song would be 'love me tender'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit