Favorite Elvis Song

by ThiChi 50 Replies latest jw friends

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Elvis is the King Baby!

It is hard to believe that 25 years have passed since Elvis' death. Most his songs are "dated" IMHO, however, his "style" truly lives on. A visit to Vegas or the Sunset Strip in Hollywood makes this evident. Though I grew up in the 1970's, I saw the impact Elvis left on my mother, aunts and others in the 50's era.

Favorite Elvis Song: Thats All Right Mama

Viva Las Vegas

Edited by - thichi on 16 August 2002 18:8:48

• ThiChi
    ThiChi
    Elvis Bust 'Weeps' in Dutch Town
    August 16, 2002 02:30 PM ET Email this article

DEURNE, Netherlands (Reuters) - A plaster bust of Elvis Presley wept "miracle" tears Friday on the 25th anniversary of his death, its Dutch owner said.

The 50-year-old professional Elvis impersonator in the small town of Deurne in the southern Netherlands also said the ghost of the "King of Rock n' Roll" appeared in his house last week.

Wearing a tasseled black leather jacket, a wig and sunglasses, Toon Nieuwenhuisen said the bust, which he keeps in a spare room he has converted into a shrine to Elvis, started weeping just shortly after breakfast Friday.

The room is plastered in photographs of Elvis and has candles flickering beside the white statue, which has a rhinestone collar. Beside it are a pair of white slip-on leather shoes that Nieuwenhuisen said were once worn by his idol.

"Everybody is thinking about Elvis today. He's been dead for 25 years. This is my special room," he said, pointing out a trickle of moisture running from the eye-socket of the bust he has owned for 15 years.

"The tears you can see started at 10 o'clock. When you taste it, it's salty. It's a miracle," he said.

Nieuwenhuisen, a spiritual medium who says he speaks regularly to Elvis, said he believes the statue was weeping tears of gratitude for the adoring fans around the world.

The bust started shedding tears five years ago and has cried several times since then. Hundreds of curious visitors have come to see the shrine, Nieuwenhuisen said.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

The man is dead...leave him alone!

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

NO! Tribute time........

Long live the King, baby.........

• Gopher
    Gopher

Favorite Elvis songs: Hound Dog, Suspicious Eyes (make that.... Suspicious Minds)

Edited by - Gopher on 16 August 2002 21:18:45

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

S**T! forgot about "Suspicious Minds" add this to my list too!

Edited by - thichi on 16 August 2002 18:39:57

• bitter mango
    bitter mango

teddy bear cos it's mine and my daddy's song, and suspicious minds.

i decided today, i'm getting my elvis tattoo. yay bea. muahaha

• larc
    larc

The two sided hit that started his career, Hound Dog and Don't Be Cruel.

• Prisca
    Prisca

Gopher: was that Suspicious Minds??

I like Love Me Tender and some other ballads he sung. He had a lovely voice.

• sundialer
    sundialer

"All Shook Up"

"I Can't Help Falling in Love with You"

"Big Hunk O' Love" (Not to be confused with "Hunk of Burnin' Love," I dislike that one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit