Favorite Elvis Song

by ThiChi 50 Replies latest jw friends

• Farkel
    Farkel

Definitely "Don't Be Cruel" and "Love Me Tender" (and about 200 others) are my favorites!

Farkel

• teejay
    teejay

The driving force behind Elvis' popularity was and has always been white girls.

White girls loved Elvis and they did only because he was a black man in white skin and lusting after him was a whole lot safer in the late 50s / early 60s than lusting after what they REALLY wanted.

White boys loved Elvis cause white girls loved Elvis and they (white boys) wanted to have sex with all the women Elvis had sex with.

Not as many but SOME black women loved Elvis, for the same reasons (sort of) that white women did.

To my knowledge, very, *very*, VERY few black men (if ANY, and I've NEVER run across ONE) cared / care two cents for Elvis. I mean, let's face it... to them (us) he was a poor imitation of a black man and got way more attention than he really deserved. Even white music critics will say that. The man couldn't sing. Cher came along a while later and filled out the role of "Popular FEMALE Music Icons Who Can't Sing."

All of that being said, I loved / love Kentucky Rain. It's the one mp3 of his that I have. The idea of me feeling like a lost little boy (how I always felt when the song was playing on the radio back then) and someone was "searching for you (me) ... in the cold Kentucky Rain" was very heartwarming. Somebody cared and soon, I'd be alright: dad would be here.

It wasn't till later on that I figured out that the man was talking about some chick.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

You're so young and beautiful, and I love you so.

Wooden Heart

• QUEENIE
    QUEENIE

ELVIS DIED 8/16/1977 ABD WHAT was my fav. song well any song that came frm ELVISs lips was my favorite...queenie

• stichione
    stichione

Mine is Love me tender.

• teejay
    teejay

In The Ghetto was pretty good, too. For some reason, I identified w/ it.

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

White girls loved Elvis and they did only because he was a black man in white skin and lusting after him was a whole lot safer in the late 50s / early 60s than lusting after what they REALLY wanted.

So, what did they really want?

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Jailhouse Rock, Return To Sender, Love Me Tender, nearly all of them.

But, I should also reiterate that Elvis is indeed dead. I know this for a fact because he told me so at a gas station last week

Lew W

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

I like his very first recorded song..........

LORD, SEND ME A BLONDE, I'M TIRED OF SQUEEZING BLACKHEADS

Outaservice

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

I was walking out of "RedEye" in the mall after buying a pair of boots and Levi's when they announced it on the speaker.

Everyone in the mall Froze...and listened. Looking something like this .........

I still have his last album "Moody Blue"

Edited by - plmkrzy on 16 August 2002 23:19:30

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit