New poster "apple" slipped through th...

by seven006 30 Replies latest jw friends

• apple829
    apple829

Dave

southern chick

Oooooh-weee, you sure know how to sweet talk a girl.

No problem about the attention (as I put on sunglasses, blonde wig, and trenchcoat). I have nothing to hide!

Everybody else,

Thanks for the big welcome

Sherryl

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Dave,

I may be bigger than you, but your heart is gigantic!

***I know the people who I was having a problem with are friends of yours. That fact also made me do a little more thinking. You are a heck of a guy and I thought if your saw something good in them then maybe I should take some time, try to look at it all in a different perspective and give them some more time for me to see what you see in them***

I suppose it has alot to do more with empathy than friendship. We use the word friend rather loosely around cyberspace, me thinks.

Prisca and I have in the last two years, said maybe two or three words directly to each other. Teejay and I have exchanged emails several times and talked on the phone two or three times. So I guess in the real sense we are aquaintances. T-jay is man of conviction, and has no compunction about letting you know his stand, whatever the consequences. I respect that in any man. Prisca stands up for herself, even when other's would slink away in despair. Recent evidence her handling of Farkel's nasty weight diss. I think she deserves better.

It is not my intention to defend or champion anyone, but to help you and myself understand my prickishness (did I just invent a new word?)

I just simply find it hard to abide anyone being abused verbally or physically. I suppose that is why I have a few scars on my body and psyche just because of this life long affliction. I hope this helps you understand my reaction.

Iam glad you got bored, and shared your 'bad association' thread. I have recently re-established a relationship with my oldest jw daughter, after many years of no contact. Then the incideous religion releases the KM telling the sheep not to even have a picnic or casual words with df'd relatives...it remains to be seen if my daughter will be braindead or exercise her God given free will.

Damn them to Hell! They are evil and vile for promulgating lies, and then adding man made rules and policies to cover them up. It is a travisty.

Sorry for the long winded reply.

Danny

• seven006
    seven006

Danny,

I think we have known each other long enough and understand each other well enough for me to say that I have always and will always take your thoughts and words to heart. Teejay and I have had our battles, at times I think he is a real jerk and I suppose he feels the same way about me. I do read some of his posts to other people and think to myself that he dose have a good heart and compassion for others.

He has stated twice in the middle of our battles that he thinks that if we ever met in person that we would probably get along great and become good friends. Like an ass, I have never given him an honest response to that statement. I think it is because I know it to be true. I have also thought about why I let him bug me and why I bug him. The only thing I can come up with is we might be more alike than either one of us would like to admit.

I have decided to stay out of any wars that may crop up. It may be hard for me to do at times but I'm going to do my best to stick to it. I will now read Teejays posts and look for the good in them instead of trying to find anything negative. I have made comments about two long time warring posters here and have always thought if those two ever met in person maybe this crap would all end. When making a statement like that, it is hard to see the obvious and try to apply it to myself.

One thing Prisca said to me that really pissed me off is that I take this board too seriously. After calming down I thought about it and she was absolutely right. Maybe someday she will be able to do the same. Until then, I will read her posts with a big strip of duck tape over my mouth and around my little typing fingers.

Take care Danny and tell Terry I said hi.

Dave

Edited by - seven006 on 16 August 2002 14:23:49

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

Welcome to the board Apple!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Dave

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

WELCOME APPLE829!

Hope to hear more from you again soon!

YoursChelbie

"The people I like here are worth the people I have to put up with."-- WTukey.

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Newbies? There are newbies? Well, golly gee....I've been missing a lot. Shucks!!! Welcome everybody. Bring donuts.

As far as the membership fees are concerned......don't listen to Seven.....Simon told me to take care of this. I accept PayPal. Just so you know. Convenience, and all.

• seven006
    seven006

Red,

You are such a gall darn liar (is that how you spell "gall" in gall darn?) My step dad use to say gall darn when I was a kid. I thought "what a fricken hillbilly, I will never ever say gall darn as long as I live"!

Anyway, quit you lying woman! That's all you think about is money, sex and horses. Or is it, money, and sex "with" horses? I forget. Can we say sex. or is that one out too?

Sorry Simon, I'm having way too much fun with this. I'll get over it soon. I promise.

Dave

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Dave,

Funny my mother insisted on my learning phonics, before it was in vouge. It's been my habit to read at least a book or two a month for the last 20 years, yet ask me to spell the most basic of words like 'success' or any of its tenses...and my knees begin to shake, my self confidence goes out the window, and I shout out to Tari HOW DO YOU SPELL ?...the woman is patient and loving to say the least, she quietly drops what she's doing and comes in my office to spell the word slowly and articulately.

Now this is after Comf introduced me to Atomica. When I started this reply to you I noticed Simon has even added a spell check function.......hell it aint fair....everyone's spelling is going to be perfect...except for yours and mine.

BTW I like gall dern/durn it probably is wrong but gall dern...I don't need no stinkin dictionary...my mommy taught me phonetics!!!

Danny

• Twisted
    Twisted

Sometimes you don't even realize how many newbies slip in w/o you knowing about it. :) Luv ya lotz, Twisted

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

Welcome Apple!

When I first came to this forum I was also a "slipper inner" .

I always get a kick out of reading Danny's and Dave's exchanges. You guys crack me up!

Oh, and by the way, Danny, consider yourself reemed

When I read the August KM I thought about you and your daughter. So many of us wondering what is going to happen with JW Relatives. Nothing like having family beholden to the WTS.

Andee

Of the WOW I used FIVE emoticons class.

Is anyone annoyed yet?

Edited by - BeautifulGarbage on 16 August 2002 18:39:12

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit