Guilt by association.

by seven006 39 Replies latest jw friends

• seven006
    seven006

NOTE: I will attempt to make my attitude as well as my language in regard to this subject in compliance with Simon's wishes to keep the profanity at a minimum. For those who have read my posts before you know how hard that will be for me.

I am really mad. Those gosh darn JW's have gone too far. My dad who "is not" and "never was" a JW is being shunned by my niece, a good little JW college student. My bummy orifice elder brother has convinced her that since my dad and I have a close relationship and I am an evil apostate that she should stop communications with him. Since I am the only one of his kids that gives him the time a day and my niece was the only JW grandchild that ever talked to him he is quite upset. This has all happened since Dateline and after I wrote the newspaper article about the Bryant memorial

Contrary to what use to be considered a gosh darn no no back when I was in high school my niece has a full boat scholarship to the University of Oregon for track. She is only a sophomore and ranked #3 in the country in javelin and is an Olympic hopeful. My dad has been following her track meets in the news papers and TV since she was in high school. He is a sports fanatic and runs around telling all his bowling buddies that his grand daughter is going to the Olympics she is his pride and joy. They use to talk on the phone and exchange e-mails through my e-mail address (my dad does not own a computer and thinks all computers are a ticking time bomb set to blow up and kill off all the old people over age 70).

I'm not even agitated anymore about not being able to accept the many art scholarships that were offered to me back then, I have gotten over that, mostly, kinda........naaaaaaa I'm still pissed off. I'm happy for her in that the JW's have been given new light by god showing that the bible says it's OK to go to college now even though those bad people misread the bible back when I was in school and kept me from........... aaaaaaa bolt it. This isn't about me, it's about an innocent old man who loves his one and only granddaughter that gives a darn about him.

He has not heard from her in over two months. This is complete bullstuff! Since my dad has never wanted anything to do with the JW's my brother could give a rats tiny butt about him, but, many times has borrowed money from him only to stop any communications once the debet is paid off. My JW sister has done the same exact thing. My dad has not heard from my JW sister in almost 10 years. He has done nothing to deserve this except have a father son relationship with me.

I am so gosh darned sexual intercourseing peed off I could pull the fluffy little tails off of new born bunny rabbits and shove them up my elder brothers waste management systems outlet! That %#&*^%$ religion reaches in and destroys all branches of a family tree and eats at the roots like a %*&$#*& fungus!

Is this type of thing dealing with guilt by association happening to anyone else?

Really mad Dave.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

That story is particularly penile insertion into the vagina'd up. Beyond the pale doesn't even describe it; it's beyond the pale white saggy buttocks of the bastards (oops) from Brooklyn.

Btw, what does "%#&*^%$ religion" and "%*&$#*& fungus" mean?

• Scully
    Scully

See Dave?? you didn't need all those awful cuss-words after all. Your point was made crystal clear without them.

Now, to answer your question: Has this kind of thing ever happened to anyone else? the answer is Yes.

I am "inactive". Not even formally DFd, DAd, or considered "apostate". I have one baptized, dyed-in-the-wool, die-hard JW brother. My parents are baptized JWs. I have three unbaptized adult brothers and one unbaptized almost adult sister who were raised by the same JW parents as me. Two of those brothers (ages 36 and 22) and my sister are still living in my parents' home.

The only one among them who will communicate with me is the married twice, unbaptized, never JW brother. My unbaptized siblings who live under my parents' roof do not communicate with me in any way shape or form. The one brother who is baptized avoids me like the plague. He even moved away to another area across town when we moved 5 minutes away from him, and while I voluntarily gave our new address and phone number to all family members, he did not reciprocate when he moved. He did, however, give my new address and phone number to the congregation elders where we are now residing.

My parents do not initiate contact with us. EVER. Even when I do initiate contact, via a telephone call, IM on the computer or an e-mail, they screen the call/ignore the IM/read the e-mail and do not respond for a very long time. At which point it's useless for them to contact me, because I've probably forgotten what the H-E-double hockey sticks I wanted to talk to them about.

It does, however, cause me to get urinated off about the fact that while they claim that people who are unbaptized are not held to the rules the same as people who are baptized, the pressure is there to conform, OR ELSE.

Your niece is likely under a great deal of pressure, the same as my unbaptized siblings are, to not risk getting close to her grandfather. It may be that her continuing her education is contingent upon her parents' permission, which can be withdrawn if she doesn't conform to the house rules of shunning you and subsequently your dad/her grandfather too. If it boils down to finishing school or being thrown out onto the street (the way it does for my sister) then perhaps a little patience on your part and her grandfather's part is in order. Once she learns to start thinking for herself (which she definitely will learn as her education and Olympic training gets underway) she will know where she can turn for unconditional love and acceptance. It won't be from her parents, will it? Just remind her, both you and your dad, that you will always be there for her no matter what, and that she can speak freely to you if she ever needs to.

Hope this helps. (Please don't hurt the newborn bunny rabbits' tails!)

Love, Scully

• desertflower
    desertflower

Dave Yes we have been treated with the old shunning trick too. My husband and I have grandkids too and they do not have anything to do with us. We are not DF nor DA and we have never had a JC meeting with the elders. They came to our shop and talk to us one evening late. after our middle daughter told them we were on the net reading apostate material. My husband tried to share what we were learning and she turned us in to the elders. She will not have anything to do with us and her 4 kids. Been 2 1/2 yrs does not get any better with our kids and the grandkids they follow mom and dad. You really did good in holding your cool. We understand your anger we have alot of it too. We were in the Org. for 45 yr. How blind we were. Mad at our selfs for followering the Org.

DF

• Xandria
    Xandria

Sorry about the )*#)*$@#)@!@#*#@&%&*(()) problem. I really know what a pain in the (_)_) it can be when the WTS decides to stick their nose into family. Those (_)_) holes !!! But your family member hopefully will quit being a (_)_) ! Listening to them and hurting this sweet person ( your father) whose only crime was to love her and take pride in her accomplishments. It's a (_Lame_) + (_)_) thing for her to do to someone who did nothing to harm her.

I hope one day she sees the light and soon.

Xandria

• seven006
    seven006

Six,

They mean nasty words that Simon won't let me use anymore. I'm not good at expressing myself without them in regard to some of the topics posted here about that fornicating religion. I'm working on cuss word substitutions for this forum but it's a little hard to do. Either that or I will probably have to stop posting.

Shoot gosh darn just doesn't seem to express the same emotions as.........well, you know. I can keep it clean in places like restaurants, stores, day care centers and other public places but the issues that are brought up in here about that icky religion makes me want to cuss.

I don't like that religion. Calling it icky doesn't seem to do it justice.

Dave

OH, I get it, your just "mess'n" with me. That's like smoking in front of a person who just quit. Your mean!

• LuckyLucy
    LuckyLucy

Seven006,

Now that was impressive!!!The seriousness of your post was kept intact,while the humor was running rapant! If your not a professional writer,you have missed your calling!

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

Dave

Yes, one too many times. My invalid mother lives with my partner (since last sept) and I and some in the congregation she used to be associated with before she moved in with us said she was "Glorifying homosexuals" by living with us. Some said she was bad association even before she moved in because I visited her! It just infuriated me. I'd have driven her to her fricken meetings if she wanted me to. I'm not into controlling her life. I also think it's God who should judge his disciples, not his disciples!!!

Sorry you're having to go through this. Just know you're not alone!

• seven006
    seven006

Scully

<<<See Dave?? you didn't need all those awful cuss-words after all. Your point was made crystal clear without them.>>>

Crystal clear? Maybe so, but to me a few well chosen cuss words are like food condiments. You can still eat stake and baked potato but they are so much better with a little stake sauce, butter, chives, sour cream, salt and pepper and strawberry jelly.

Since I respect Simon's wishes, I ll stick with the plain food versions when making a point.

Sorry you have had to go through so much stuff. It just grinds my bummy how constant fear is used in that icky religion instead of constant love. The JW's have redefined the word love and turned it into hate.

I don't know if my niece will be able to think for herself. My Mom is the monarch in the family and every one of my siblings bow to her wishes and orders. My brother hasn't had an original thought his whole life. That fear of the religion passed down by my Mom is very strong. She was a fanatic catholic before she was a fanatic JW. I think it's a Portuguese thing.

desertflower,

That would kill me if my son's shunned me. I feel so bad for you. The turning you in reminds me of when Hitler had little Jewish kids turn their parents in to be thrown into the ovens. Mind control and brainwashing is the most evil crime in the world. It pisses me off that religions can get away with it. I hate religion!

Xandria,

<<<Listening to them and hurting this sweet person (your father) whose only crime was to love her and take pride in her accomplishments. It's a (_Lame_) + (_)_) thing for her to do to someone who did nothing to harm her. >>>

Your comment reminds me also of the Hitler years. When the solders who turned on the gas in the furnaces were asked why they did it they said they were simply following orders. Twenty years or so from now when my dad is dead and my niece is asked why she didn't talk to him knowing how happy it would have made him, I see her saying the same thing, I was simply following orders".

The JW's are as blind as the Nazi solders were. They thought that Hitler was their savior. Until the walls of Berlin were burning around them they thought they were right in their actions.

It makes you think

Dave

• seven006
    seven006

Lucy,

I am trying to clean up my act up on this board and turn over a new leaf, unfortunately the leaf I have to turn over is poison oak.

Morrislamb,

Bolt them, if they care more about what you do in the privacy of your own home than they do about the love and caring that you give your mom then the heck with them! They have such a warped and distorted view of what love is it makes me sick!

Saying you love someone is easy and any lying butt orifice can say it. Showing love is what love is all about. Talk is cheep, actions define words like love and hate.

Keep doing what you are doing, the love you show your Mom will not go unnoticed by anyone who knows the true definition of the word and most important, it will not go unnoticed by her. The rest can go vacuum themselves.

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit