Publishers' Comments-Bill Bowen

by twain30 15 Replies latest jw friends

• twain30
    twain30

These are some comments that some have made to me recently:

At Meeting-A Brother: "That Anderson sister was lying and here's how I know-No sister has access to those files, only brothers in position do."

In Field Service-A Sister: "Look what happens when we don't wait on Jehovah and take matters into our own hands."

A Circuit Overseer: "You know, sometimes we think an isue like this is going to turn into such a big thing, but a week later it blows over and is forgotten."

An Elder: "Well things like that don't go on in my congregation, that's all I can say."

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

Nothing surprised me!

• zenpunk
    zenpunk

Add to that:

My mother's comment: "Well this is just the latest Witchhunt by the media, first the Catholic Church, now us".

• Crystal
    Crystal

This a comment i got from a JW woman that came to my door..in response to my question about the pedophile problem "Have you heard about the Catholics?"

• Larry
    Larry

It never ceases to amaze me how the Dubs never address the real issues.

Peace - LL

• Farkel
    Farkel

: At Meeting-A Brother: "That Anderson sister was lying and here's how I know-No sister has access to those files, only brothers in position do."

Braindead.

: In Field Service-A Sister: "Look what happens when we don't wait on Jehovah and take matters into our own hands."

Braindead.

: A Circuit Overseer: "You know, sometimes we think an isue like this is going to turn into such a big thing, but a week later it blows over and is forgotten."

Wrong.

: An Elder: "Well things like that don't go on in my congregation, that's all I can say."

Lucky or a liar.

Farkel

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

When my mother-in-law (she is almost 90 and definately still "with it"; except for the fact she is still a JW) approached an elder and asked him why Bill Bowen was disfellowshipped (we had told her about Dateline, the NYTimes article, etc.); he replied: "Because he did not leave things in Jehovah's hands." Yes...another severe case of braindeath.

• jack2
    jack2

No surprises here......They never look at the real issue, they just make dismissive comments. All part of their own rationalization process.

• witchywoman
    witchywoman

What is wrong with these people? Followers, followers, followers! Do they need to follow a religion so badly that just any religion will do? The Catholic church has been forced into humility. Is the WTS capable of humility, or has Jehovah hardened their hearts. Cardinal Law is being accused of aiding and abeting. The Catholic church has been forced to see the problem, and is admiting to the world that they have a problem. Will JR Brown show the same humility, or will he and others need to be charged with aiding and abeting known criminals.

Bill Bowen is the only MAN that I know of that has the parental instincts and leadership qualities to know when a follower has an ethical duty for what is right and stand up to the plate for these children and be the outstanding leader that he has shown us and all of these precious children that he is. Lets hope that there are more like him in there that can stand up to the WTS that is holding an empty gun of threats to those with courage to speak up.

witchywoman

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

One bit of spin that I've heard is that Barbara Anderson only worked in the subscription department and never had anything to do with research. That originated with a guy that claims to have known her at Bethel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit