CNN Live

by Larry 54 Replies latest jw friends

• wasasister
    wasasister

Am I an "old-timer"? Yeah, I guess I am.

From history, I would say the closest comparison (to negativity towards Dubs) is the WW2 days when patriotism spurred persecution of JW's. The difference in that case, in my opinion, is that their neutrality was a legitimate right under the Constitution. They could sincerely feel "persecuted for righteousness sake", because of their cause.

This time, they haven't got a leg to stand on. You think the ACLU will help them now??

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

NOW,LETS GET LARRY KING TO DO A ONE HOUR SHOW NATION WIDE.WITH CALLERS TELLING THE NATION ABOUT THIS ONGOING CRIME BEING COVERED UP INSIDE THE ORG.

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

Thanks for filling me in all! I don't have cable and wasn't able to watch it.

I r e a l l y believe that the WTS never expected this kind of publicity. GOOD!

Roar, roar, ROAR!!!!!!!!!!!

Mimilly

• Farkel
    Farkel

: NOW,LETS GET LARRY KING TO DO A ONE HOUR SHOW NATION WIDE.WITH CALLERS TELLING THE NATION ABOUT THIS ONGOING CRIME BEING COVERED UP INSIDE THE ORG.

I've got a better idea. On Wednesday's when the Governing body meets, I would love to see the door to their meeting room opened and have them greeting with floodlights, cameras the 7 most terrifying words in the universe:

"Hi. I'm Mike Wallace from 60 Minutes."

Farkel

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

Amen Farkel!

• seawolf
    seawolf

yeah I thought it was wonderful!

Anyone know if it's going to be repeated????

I just got in an argument with an active JW girl now over this CNN peice!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrr Her dad is an elder and she said that he told her all what's done and that it's right. I told her that I don't doubt that her dad is a good elder, but just because he is good and tries to do things right doens't mean that they all are! If your dad was a cop and a good one, does that mean that they are all good? She wouldn't give an inch! She said she doesn't think the girls are lying, but yet when I told her that these ppl are threatened with dfing for talking she said that doesn't happen. They're not lying, yet what they said doesn't happen. I ended that conversation as she's just another young JW girl that is going to make me end up in the state mental house.

oh, anyone have linkage to the figures of confirmed victims, etc of the Catholic Church ?? She told me it is CONFIRMED 400,000. Dunno, that seems quite high to me.

• Ranchette
    Ranchette

Hi,

I will try to answer the questions about the tape with Bill's father discrediting him.

Right after Bill first went to the press about a year and a half ago, Watchtower sent their own film crew into Missouri and Kentucky to make a PR piece to distribute to all the press and media. They were wanting to spread their propaganda to the public in a canned way instead of facing the cameras themselves. They filmed Bill's Parents and his cousin, who was like a brother to him, along with other witnesses who knew him.

Bill's fathers segment was the only one out of those closest to him to make it on the tape.

His father said "my son is just not telling the truth" and that he hopes his son will turn around and repent or something to that effect along with saying that Bill's allegations are just absurd and that he has never in all his 50 years as a witness seen a case like he describes.

Low down dirty dogs, turning father against son!

Sheila Bowen

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

My goodness! I've been typing away and answering on another thread :o( , but wanted to add my "hearty bravo" to Bill, Heidi and Amber for a terrific job!

http://slate.msn.com/default.aspx?id=3936&t=court

Big hugs to all,

Annie

• Crystal
    Crystal

It was great! I wish that Connie would have jumped on the part of the statement that the WT said"We excomunicate UNREPENTANT molesters" Meaning all they have to say is "Im sorry"She needs to do a follow up..about how Bill was disfellowshipped for speaking out about molest.

• Larry
    Larry

Coming back on at 11:00pm Eastern Time.

Peace - LL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit