Do you get disappointed if no one responds?

by Larry 37 Replies latest jw friends

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

The "Views" have more meaning to me than the replies. Many are reading. Its amazing, however, the number of responses to fluff posts.

• ISP
    ISP

Fluff posts rule......its light entertainment. Popular for those seeking some relief and fun. Check out the boobie threads!!!!!!

ISP

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

ISP:

OK...you win!

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

PS: Its not fair using boobie pics as an example. (hehe)

Dont get me wrong, fluff info does have its place and Simon has wisely provided space for this. However, it blows me away when you have a very insightful JW related post with minimal views/replies, yet a non-issue post stating that we "are back from vacation" can garnner up to six times the attention...............

Edited by - thichi on 12 August 2002 16:21:27

Edited by - thichi on 12 August 2002 16:22:11

• joannadandy
    joannadandy
    It's amazing, however, the number of responses to fluff posts.

Yes, in fact that is the only thing that disapoints me. If I pour my heart into something, give it a lot of time and effort, two people will respond. If I ask a question I really would like some insight on, maybe five people will reply, but if I post utter garbage and include the word boobie somewhere I will get an overflow of responses.

I don't hold anyone accountable for that tho, I am guility of it myself. It's hard to be serious and give meaningful thoughtful replies all the time. In fact, sometimes I would like to post more meat, but feel like my responses or wording aren't accurate enough so instead I will go to another thread and instead post my underwear preferences.

But I am not looking for approval, or popularity here. Which I have to agree with whoever said it earlier that it is rather annoying to watch people get all huffy and storm in and out of a message board as if it were life and death when they become upset. That's really to be expected, tho sometimes it does seem like highschool again...but I think that goes along with what Xander was saying. People are social beings. We like to belong, and we like to be in groups of people who except us. So while I don't understand why people get huffy over a cyber message board and it's goings on, I do understand the reasoning behind it, and the desire to belong, which is a basic human desire.

• ISP
    ISP

Joanna....you keep posting your stuff................just get some boobies in it somewhere!

ISP

• LDH
    LDH

JT says:

i think more in terms of this is form of communication between folks as to writing like in one

dairy to read and reflect on latter

I had a DAMn hard time figuring out what he meant until I realized he meant DIARY. LOL.

Larry, I don't think I've seen ya around, but hi and welcome and all that crap.

Yep. Pretty amazing. The JWs will sit right there and read the scripture that says "Do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing." and they will sit there and nod their heads until song and prayer. Then R-U-N-N-O-F-T to turn in their time.

Yep, it's more about appearances. Response indicates you have attained the proper APPEARANCE.

Very important in a co-dependent cult.

Lisa

• HappyHeathen
    HappyHeathen

I probably hold the record for being the thread killer of all time! And, damn it, it is a little disappointing. I try not to take it personally, since I am not a frequent poster here and spend more time reading. Many people here put a lot of time and energy into their postings and consequently have earned the attention and respect they get here. That's okay with me.

It does crack me up that there are certain popular personas here who could post even their laundry lists and still get oohs and ahs and all kinds of interested nods from other posters. But again I can understand that people scan the lists of posts and look for ones from their friends.

All in all, I appreciate all the posts I see here, from the long, insightful ones to the funny fluffy ones.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy
    just get some boobies in it somewhere!

They don't have to be mine do they? I am excellent at cut and paste!

• ISP
    ISP

Thats more like it,JD!

No they can be anyones boobies!(IMHO)

ISP

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit