ANGER!!!

by Rado Vleugel 31 Replies latest jw friends

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

Rado, let me just say that I really liked your site when I first found it several weeks ago, thank you for putting it up.

I can see where you are coming from, I have several relatives that are witnesses and I love them. I also have several people who were frends of mine that I really care about that are still witnesses. I don't think they are bad or evil people, but I do feel that they are being misled by an evil organization. Now don't get me wrong, I don't believe that the GB or the rest of the organization thinks that they are doing anything but God's will, but it still does not mean they don't fit the definition of evil.

The organization uses people. The organization lies to its own people in order to get them to believe things. The organization makes people give up everything that is good about their lives for some false expectation of a paradise that the bible doesn't even really promise. I'm sure you've heard, millions living in 1925 have died! Breaking up families in favor of loyalty to an earthly organization, you've experienced this firsthand. Don't you think that these are the kind of people who Jesus would "spit out of his mouth"? Don't they remind you of the Pharasees who would show the people no love? They are more concerned with their own image than helping the downtrodden of the flock. Who am I describing, the Jewish leaders in Christ's day or the modern day organization. The fact is there is little difference.

When it comes to blood and pedophiles, these aren't just "issues" that need to be dealt with, they are at the core of their belief system! They have shown that when people bring these legitimate issues up they are summarilly banished from the religion and their family is told to shun them, or else! Usually they don't even have to threaten the family as the family thinks what is being done is good and just.

Those hoping for a wholesale change in the organization are looking at it the wrong way, you will never be able to change the organization, only individuals. Besides can you honestly tell me that even if they changed their stance on blood and "two witnesses" for pedophiles that you would go back to an organization that has such a grip over your own family for them to shut you out of their life for what you have done?

If you were to read the book 1984, and there is a good article about this out on the net, you would see that the organization is not unlike Big Brother. It is a system of brainwashing built on lies and propaganda where free "independent thinking" is disallowed by their own literature. You know its evil when you see people in the congregations nodding their heads when they are told not to independently think for themselves.

The only change I hope for is a change in people's hearts that allows them to see the truth about the "truth", the change that motivates them to get out of their seat in the Kingdom Hall, leave and never look back. So when people on this board express hate for the organization, they are justified. They have had their families ripped apart. They have seen abuse take place and were told to "wait on Jehovah" sometimes for decades! They have seen overbearing elders lord it over the congregations and have been thrown out for as much as disagreeing with them. I'm sure that most of the people here have love for their fellowman, thats why they hate so much an organization that by its very nature crushes the humanity of those who serve under it. So please excuse a little anger, because these issues are real and some of us feel very passionately about them.

• Rado Vleugel
    Rado Vleugel

Hi RandomTask,

" When it comes to blood and pedophiles, these aren't just "issues" that need to be dealt with, they are at the core of their belief system!" Of course it aren't just issues that need to be dealt with like it's some minor defect! When faced with problems like pedophiles and blood transfusions (especially when minors are involved) I think it is necessary that the government intervenes.

"Besides can you honestly tell me that even if they changed their stance on blood and "two witnesses" for pedophiles that you would go back to an organization that has such a grip over your own family for them to shut you out of their life for what you have done?" No, I never would turn back to the Org. But if you don't agree with a religion you don't have to have the opinion that this religion has not the freedom (of course with some limitations) to exist.

"You know its evil when you see people in the congregations nodding their heads when they are told not to independently think for themselves." Besides the 'major issues' (bllod, child abuse, shunning) this is also one of the issues that have to be fought against.

" So when people on this board express hate for the organization, they are justified." Yes, there is a time for hate and there is a time for love. But I think it's for your own benefit if you let hate block your own recovery process. Hate is one of the stages of a recovery process; not the final stage of recovery.

Rado Vleugel

Edited by - Rado Vleugel on 13 August 2002 16:46:6

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit