ANGER!!!

by Rado Vleugel 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Rado Vleugel
    Rado Vleugel

When I surf on this Discussion board I feel a lot of anger. This is totally understandable because a lot of us suffered or still are suffering from their association with the Watchtower Society. Some of us are victims of child abuse. A lot of us are the victims of shunning. But (and I hope I dont sound to much like a teacher) dont let anger rule your view on reality!

Some of us feel rejoiced when the Watchtower Society is attacked in newspapers and television programs: 1-0 for us!. They hope that the last days of the Watchtower Society have finally come. But how many of us consider it a disaster that the Roman Catholic Church is still live and kicking? The history of the Catholic Church is much darker and filled with intrigues and genocide than the history of the Watchtower Society. Despite this blemished history, most of us dont see the Catholc Church as one of the axes of evil because we are not emotionally involved with its dealings.

When the media shows how the Organization deals with sexual child-abuse we have to be happy because this media attention can be of great benefit for the victims. We don't have to be happy because it harms the reputation of the Watchtower Society. It is not necessary that the Watchtower Society crumbles and finally disappears, it is necessary that the Watchtower Society changes some very important issues. And I think we have a long way to go to achieve these goals.

We can continue our struggle for more freedom within the Organization -a healthy policy regarding blood and sexual abuse and a humane association with Disfellowshipped ones- without venting our rage on the Society. If we approach all these issues on a balanced manner, doubting Witnesses will see that our intentions are good and that we arent stereotype apostates.

Just my thoughts based on my own experiences

Rado vleugel http://www.watchtowerinformationservice.org/

Edited by - Rado Vleugel on 12 August 2002 9:32:40

• Crystal
    Crystal

I do find the Catholic church to be evil...all organized crime..uhhh..I mean religion.The Catholics are just as sick as the WT..they just happen to be alot bigger..and they are going bankrupt(sounds like a company..ahh yes it is ..in disguise)The WT will crumble (is crumbling)one brick at a time.The reason I focus on the WT is because i was raised in that crap...and who better to warn people? We can only clean up our side of the street and the Catholics need to clean up there side of the street.I mean that also literally..if each and every one of us Just warned the people in our neighborhoods of the pedophiles that are knocking on their doors then we together can cover alot of ground.Now im rambling..just like i tell my bf...don't get me started!!!!

• Dizzy Cat
    Dizzy Cat

Rado Vleugel

I'm with you on this one chum - some of the posters here are obviously venting rage, for whatever reason, and it is really negative and counter-productive. I also question the motives of certain posters. Especially those who want to go out of their way to *have a go* at JWs and then post here and say *look - aren't I cool, pat me on the back, I've just had it out with a JW at my door... blah, blah, blah*.

The Watchtower needs to be reformed in some areas, not necessarily burnt to the ground and spat on. There are good people onboard that ship and I still believe that although twisted in some ways, there is truth to be found within (like many spiritual institutions).

I have a friend who is *in the truth* still and I hold back from revealing this board, as although I feel he could benefit from a lot of the information, I think he would focus upon the moronic posts and ignore the gems.

• outnfree
    outnfree

I understand what you're saying, Rado, but I must say that I disagree.

I think there is plenty of room for anger. JW's, especially doubting JW's, should have no problem understanding "righteous indignation."

When I first began frequenting these boards, it was the hurt and the anger at abuse suffered at the hands of the WT that touched me most. The people writing were real, not cardboard, paper doll JWs, who get to dress up nicely, but ultimately are one-dimensional. I think doubting Witnesses have doubts precisely because they are busting out all over from their one-dimensional Borganization existence. They have realized that the pretty vision that they once believed in (or wanted to) is an illusion and that they were stifled from expressing REAL emotions in their lives as dubbies.

Jehovah's Witnesses have to be "on guard" ALL THE TIME!!!! They are not ALLOWED to fully express themselves, always having to worry that emoting will bring them censure as "spirtually weak" persons with the resulting condescension and ostracism. Lifelong repression does not a happy people make!

This is all WITHOUT even touching on their evil policies which definitely need reform.

No, not all Witnesses are evil. I certainly wasn't. I was rather exemplary as a "spiritual widow", trying hard to be balanced in a divided household. I was quite reasonable; not dogmatic; truly wanting to please God and thinking that I was doing so by belonging to God's actual one, true, earthly organization. I think a lot of Witnesses are the same. Sincere and moral, even if under a burdensome yoke.

But not all Witnesses are good, either. Some are criminals, and some support or simply turn a blind eye to crimes committed by The Friends. Some are racists. Some are bigots. Some are self-righteous enough to make one want to puke. Some are well aware of the corruption that exists from the local level right up to the Governing Body, and yet are complicit in said corruption by their complacency.

Boards like this tend to force one to leave complacency behind, either becoming a WT apologist, or railing against the Society and the way it's evil policies hurt the ones they claim to shepherd. The child abuse reporting, blood and disfellowshipping policies of the WT are misguided at the least, and positively mean-spirited and LETHAL at the worst.

Those who have attempted reasonable, diplomatic, inside reform are finding again and again that it is PUBLIC OUTCRY from "squeaking wheels" that drives the 'tower to change.

I have full confidence that reasonable, thinking dubbies will be able to discern heartfelt despair and righteous anger from wounded brothers and sisters and take their suffering into account when deciding whether or not to support reform in whatever way it is possible to obtain it. That may only be through declining membership and revenue as more and more Witnesses become ashamed of what they actually belong to and the public becomes too informed to be duped.

out

• outnfree
    outnfree

Oh, and please let me take this opportunity to thank you for your part in helping the public become too informed to be duped!

((((rado))))

out

• QUEENIE
    QUEENIE

OUTnFREE---ONLY WHEN more and more JWs are embarrased as to what they are and more and more people will not be duped into believing such cultish teachings - only then you will see drastic decline in WT ORG in membership and income, etc.. That will be the fall of false religion (I see WT ORG as being the false prophet myself) my opinion !!!! LINDA LOU aka queenie

• Rado Vleugel
    Rado Vleugel

Hi Outnfree,

I too understand what you are saying, and I dont totally disagree! Sorry that I created the impression that there is no room for anger. Anger is a natural emotion. Its necessary to give anger its place. I said dont let anger rule your view on reality; I didnt say dont let you ever be angry!

Rado vleugel

• Crystal
    Crystal

I have met so many people here that said when they went out in service, they were informed of the corruption in this org.by the householder.They then did research on their own to prove that what was said about the pedophile problem was a lie.They ended up proving to themselves that it was indeed true.If "people" think this is wrong to inform the public of potential danger to their children, they have a screw loose.Makes me wonder what their moral fiber is made of.I refuse to part of the cover up,when you have an opportunity to "tell the truth" and you don't, what does that make you?
    If people think informing the JW knocking at your door is out of line...WOW ..what must they think of Bill Bowen.

Love and peace to all!!

• LuckyLucy
    LuckyLucy

Ditsy, i mean dizzy, does your friend know you think he is a moron? You must think Bill Bowen is the biggest bragger in the world,everytime he post.If pedophilia does not sicken you to the core or make you angry, thank the good lord you do not live in my neighborhood.Question:Why are you here?what do you wish to accomplish.Are you a troll?

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Rado:

If you look at the history of the Catholic Church you will see that they have behaved themselves quite well lately. Granted the child abuse is horrible, but when you compare it to how they use to be (inquesition, 'conversion' of indians, politics, etc..etc..) they are getting better. As far as the WT, they act like the church during the inquesition. But, being that Im protastant, if they both went away I wouldnt be that upset ;)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit