ANGER!!!

by Rado Vleugel 31 Replies latest jw friends

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

Oh, Lucy, please calm down. I don't think Dizzy Cat meant to offend anyone here.

I have to agree with DC in some degree. Most of us who post here are ex-jws who really needed and still need to vent out time to time. Maybe that's why some get easily hostile.

But I think we also need to remember that we come here to get support as well. If we don't support and understand eachother, then who will? Most people outside don't even care even if jw children are abused. They just think their parents are nuts. And that's it! Nothing! Because legally they can't do much.

I think we are all abused victims of the WTS spiritually, emotionally and for some of us physically. Where are we going to get warm support? Who's going to understand what we went through? Catholics? I doubt it. Let's be more patient and understanding. We all are different with different opinions. We cannot agree all the time. But that doesn't mean we have to attack those with different thoughts.

DizzyCat, you questioned "the motives" of some posters. Could you explain what you said, please? What kind of "motives" do you think they have?

• Rado Vleugel
    Rado Vleugel

Crazy151drinker,

Thats true. The Catholics have learnt by bitter experience. Now its time for the Watchtower to act wise and quit being so stubborn. Like I said before I think they have still a long way to go.

Rado

• Nanoprobe
    Nanoprobe
    We can continue our struggle for more freedom within the Organization -a healthy policy regarding blood and sexual abuse and a humane associationwith Disfellowshipped ones- without venting our rage on the Society. If we approach all these issues on a balanced manner, doubting Witnesses will see that our intentions are good and that we arent stereotype apostates

Rado,

You've been fighting this battle a long time and we would be wise to follow your advice.

I think those above points are the best we can hope to achieve. Being viewed as balanced is one reason I urged people not to march on Sept 27 as Radical Looking Apostates. We won't be credible if we are seen as Watchtower Hater's we must be seen as opposed to certain policies. My idea's was not too popular

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=34128&site=3

Edited by - Nanoprobe on 12 August 2002 11:48:15

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

Indeed, Rado!

It's not going to be easy for the WTS to change even their policies. I heard "a rumor" that they might change their blood policy soon. I think any drastic change like that would cause a lot of problem within the org. The time is different than 1975. I don't think most people would just sit and say, "Whatever the WTS says" anymore.

If they change the policy on the Child Abuse, they know that it's an admition of guilt. Maybe that's why they have been so stubborn on this issue.

• rocky220
    rocky220

bottom line...........we need to get rid of the dinosaurs in the boardroom before the whole thing can become extinct due to their archaic and turn of the century attitudes!!! Thank you! Rocky

• roybatty
    roybatty

Catholic Churches, I see them providing emergency shelters and child care. In Chicago they provide help for those with AIDS/HIV and help immigrants with job placement and educating them about their rights. As a matter of fact, my parents were assisted by the Catholic Church when they immigrated from the Netherlands to the US. Added to all of these is the fact that personally, I find Catholics to be some of the most tolerant people around.

Now while the WT hasnt literally led a crusade or an inquisition, they have the same mind-set. The only differences between the Catholic Church of the middle-ages and todays Watchtower is opportunity and power. If they could, the WT would have every dissenter tortured and killed. While most non-profit companies provide some type of service for the community, the WT doesnt. They gobble up resources that could be put to better use. And it goes without saying that their policies actually cause breakdowns of families, thus they are bad for society in general. The article in the August KM about the proper treatment of dfd ones promotes hatred. I dont see any difference between it and say, for example, the writings of a Nazi or the KKK. While I agree that they have the right to exist, they need to be exposed for what they are. And if individuals are harmed because of their polices and teaches, they should be held accountable in civil court.

Yup, dam right Im still angry at them.

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo
    Being viewed as balanced is one reason I urged people not to march on Sept 27 as Radical Looking Apostates. We won't be credible if we are seen as Watchtower Hater's we must be seen as opposed to certain policies.

Nano, I doubt many of us here would agree with you on that. I DO agree with you on being balanced. However, I think most of us here don't believe that the WTS is the God's Only Org.

I think the most important thing to remember regarding the march is being peaceful. Please never burst out to violence or profanity. If you do, then the whole world would see the silent lambs as radical apostates. I appreciated both Dateline and Panorama because the message was to change the WTS policy, not tearing down the org itself. The WTS is the abuser.

I feel a little bit wicked for saying this, but if you want to be viewed as victims, you have to play like victims.

I can't post any more now. I've gotta go. Please don't misunderstand me.

• LuckyLucy
    LuckyLucy

It cracks me up when people tell me how to behave (calm down??)Then they go tell me what someone else meant?

No ..I will continue to say what i think.

The bible time and time again speaks of God's Anger ,I refuse to be wishy washy on this subject.You defend the Org.?you say there is just a few bad apples?The Org. is the root of evil.

The love of money is the root of all evil!

• BugParadise
    BugParadise

Well said Jim!

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Hmmm the WT supported hitler, and the Catholic church helped smuggle many Nazi's out of Germany. Creepy....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit