I Screwed Up Today!!

by Undecided 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Undecided
    Undecided

Hi All,

My wife and I, along with her sister and friend went on a picnic today to the mountains of Va. about an hour and half drive. On the way someone asked what day of the month is it? I looked at my watch and said the 10th. It didn't ring a bell to me. A little later my wife said today is our aniversary. Damn, I forgot again. I just can't remember it anymore, after all it's been 28 years now. I'm in the dog house again.

At least we had a great time up there in the park, it was cool, the trees were beautiful and food good. As I sat there I almost cried, just enjoying nature, life and the peaceful atmosphere. I told my wife that 28 years ago that was one decision that I made that wasn't dumb, when I married her.

Ken P.

• onacruse
    onacruse

"Honey, this picnic was my anniversary present to you, I love being here with you in the mountains."

Ken, that's your story and ya gotta stick to it!!!

"I told my wife that 28 years ago that was one decision that I made that wasn't dumb, when I married her."

Take your post here, make it into a card. If I was as lucky as you to have such a wonderful marriage and loving wife, I'm sure she would give you a big hug (at least).

Congratulations, to both of you.

Craig

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Ken, may I suggest flowers, and lots of them

Seriously, your wife sounds like a grand lady. Any that can put up with us guys for so long must be. Take her out for dinner and a movie tomorrow to make up for it, she deserves it.

Next year, order flowers delivered well in advance

Lew W

• Farkel
    Farkel

Hi Ken,

: A little later my wife said today is our aniversary. Damn, I forgot again.

In my marriage that was grounds for muder, because I routinely did the same thing. Only the laws of the land prevented her from killing me. Otherwise, you wouldn't be reading this comment of mine.

Guys and Gals are wired differently. Even "flowers" don't work in that scenario. "Hari-Kari" works, but it's a rather harsh alternative and a lot of women would like to change the laws about that in this case.

It's their way of saying:

1) I OWN your ass and your forget the day I got that right

2) You don't care in the least about this most sacred day in our lives. (My answer: "Well, I MARRIED you, didn't I?")

3) I need a reason to punish you and this is a great one.

4) You are an insensitive slob. (They just defined ALL men and act like you/ me are the exception. Doh!)

5) I want a divorce. (Not the REAL reason, but one that justifies the divorce and always makes her right.)

6) You don't love me anymore. (Guilt trip. Drives guys to tears unless they really don't love her anymore, and then they laugh about it with their 20 year-old bimbo mistress who doesn't play those stupid games and just wants to copulate on demand and demands less of the paycheck than the wife.)

There's more, but that's enough for now.

Farkel

Edited by - Farkel on 10 August 2002 23:19:45

• LB
    LB

Open a vein buddy, no coming back from this one

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

You are in trouble! Of course, I always tell my wife that not giving "reminders" is as good as setting us up for a fight.

• Xandria
    Xandria

Sigh... August the 2nd was our Anniversary. He did not forget .. in fact he has the date set on the computer, on the fridge calendar, on the bathroom mirror and so on.

Definately, do something special for her ( and the wedding song playing will soften her up). An be sure to do the above ( with a little humor ) so you don't forget. I don't think she would want you to open a vein ... all that cleaning on the carpet.

Xandria

• ISP
    ISP

Sure you could not retrieve the situation? Did you get a card, btw!!!?

ISP

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Tell her you love her, that she is the best thing that ever happened to you. Tell her you cannot imagine living without her. Waking up in the morning, and seeing her face besides you is the greatest joy of the day and the greatest present she could ever give you. Tell her that if it weren't for her, you life wouldnt be complete.

And mean it! Cause we can tell when you don't.

Good luck, and congrats on you anniversary.

• larc
    larc

You forgot AGAIN? and you blaim it on the fact that you have been married 28 years??? Hey puppy, I have been married for 39 years, and I never forgot, not even during the times I thought we were going to start the divorce process, which we never did, because we both procrastinate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit