I Screwed Up Today!!

by Undecided 18 Replies latest jw friends

• ugg
    ugg

"CONGRATULATIONS"

• LuckyLucy
    LuckyLucy

I have one word...jewelry...wait a week or two...take her out to a nice dinner and present it to her...if she says what is the special occasion(Do not say you are makeing up for the anniversy)
    Tell her everyday is special with her.

I know I know ...its more than one word...I am a woman ...ya know!

• bigfloppydog
    bigfloppydog

Ken CONGRATULATIONS

Don't be so hard on yourself, the last line you wrote about 28 years ago to marry your wife was a decision that was not a dumb decision, would melt ones heart.

We have been married 31 years this Sept. and my hubby says things like that to me, and it makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

• somebody
    somebody

Ken,

Did she say happy anniversary to you or give you an anniversary gift? I don't think it's a big deal to forget anniversaries or birthdays. I think it's normal. If you feel that bad ( and you sound like you do) then just show her your post so that she sees how much you love her. I personally think that if a mate makes a big stink about forgetting something such as an anniversary, then it kind of takes away from what being married for the amount of years you two have been married. It downplays what you feel for each other and reduces it to just one day a year that seemms so imprortant to each other. What about all the days of the years that you DID tell her you loved her or that you did something special and nice for each other? Those don't count because you didn't do or say them on one certain day?

I will say congratulations though, and I'm sorry that you're so down on yourself about this one day.

congratulations on your anniversary and for being such a great guy! I hope your wife sees how sesative and caring you are about these things!

peace,

somebody

lol@Farkel

I see where you're coming from.

• RR
    RR

Unfortunately .... I can't ever forgot, we were married on "cinco de mayo" May 5th.

• garybuss
    garybuss

I was married in the basement of a dilapidated hotel by a Chevy auto mechanic. He gave us some good advise. Change your oil every 3,000 miles and rotate your tires every 6, 000 miles. I will never forget my marriage and I think of it every time I pass a broken down Chevy and every time I look at a dipstick.

We were married September 11, 1971. Plus thirty years = 9/11/01

I was born 30 years after Jesus returned to set up his publishing company on earth 1914 - 1944. The numerologists know the importance of the number 30.

My wife's mother died thirty years to the day that my first wife died.

Mt. St. Helens blew up on May 18, 1980 . . . my wife's birthday. This was exactly 30 years after the barber shop was set up at tent city for the 1950 New York District Assembly. All foretold in the Bible.

gb

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Ahhh, CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR ANNIVERSARY!

Sounds like you and the wife have a good relationship anyway, to be away together after 28 years!

So you forgot. You didn't REALLY forget. You just forgot to remember a date.

I'm sure you are making up for that already!

Say, I live in Manassas, Virginia. Do you live in Virginia, or were you just traveling in the Commonwealth? Just curious. So many on the Forum are from the UK.

Sentinel

• SYN
    SYN

Two words: CALENDER SOFTWARE!!!!

• Searchin50
    Searchin50

hey i liked your screw up. remindes me of my hubby, he has forgotten a couple of times.

So i just told people HE was married not ME! so of course he remembers now, but it's

been 42 yrs, so maybe he really did forget. anyway i thought it was cute!!!!!!

Searchin50

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit