Obie sports a new look

by mikepence 47 Replies latest jw friends

• waiting
    waiting

Damn! Whenever my brain & fingers move as faster than common sense........a person reads it. I just didn't want to get into a flame war. Obie's a big boy - and I read the thread Mikepence was referring to - no big deal to either man. And the joking was a tad rougher than "...you decide." Lot rougher.

The gist of my thought is: If it's an insult to ask a person if they're gay when they're straight....why? Then the thought of being gay is insultive.

If it's an insult to ask a person if they're gay, and they're gay - and it's not insultive....why? Either way, it's the same question. Does that mean if a gay person is asked if they're straight, it's an insult?

Tad touchy of me? Guess so. My beautiful son, 27 yrs old, blond, blue-eyed, 6'3", 200 lbs, 3rd yr Law Student - top 10% has been living with the same man for 2 years. If you were to ask him if he's gay.......should he be insulted?

He is gay - and to suggest that there is something insultive about being gay (which being insulted by the question insinuates) goes against my motherly grain. Imh - motherly - opinion.....he outdoes most of us here, including me, in most every way. Gay has nothing to do with it. Of course, he's a jackass sometimes too.

I think some people over-responded to Mikepence. I also think Mikepence was *insensitive*. Lol, he's obviously straight. (gawd.....expecting flames from the straights now)

waiting

Edited by - waiting on 9 August 2002 18:55:32

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Perhaps the issue should revolve around whether the person concerned, who may guard his privacy, gave permission for his picture to be used on a public discussion Board, and used for sport. If permission was so granted, I cannot see what the problem is.

Did you have his permission Mike?

Best regards - HS

• mikepence
    mikepence

Oh yes.

I obtained his permission in writing, in triplicate in fact, to post a link to his publicly available online journal.

I am expecting a sworn statement via certified mail to be sent also.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Waiting-

Why do you expect flames from us straights? I totally and completely agree with you!

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Hilliary,

Good question.....did you go to the other forum (mike's click)? Obie put his picture up on an open forum to show off his new platinum colored hair - and opened it for discussion.

Obviously, Obie isn't hiding his new coloring, why should he? Actually, he looks a lot like the young singers aka Enimen (sp?) Gawd again, now I've completely insulted gays, straights, insensitive/sensitive persons, and rappers.

I'm outta here. Have a good eveing!

waiting

• mikepence
    mikepence

Goddamn! Even the folder for this discussion is flaming! Who are we gonna blame that on?!

See ya'all Monday!

• bitter mango
    bitter mango

sorry lisa, i don't agree. and i'm gay

no biggie tho

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

reading libraspirit's post made me think... i'm sorry mike. i assumed too much, but after reading this thread i see you meant no harm and that obie is a friend of yours and that you wouldn't intentionally say something hurtful... [:|]

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

I like him (Obie) with dark hair better.

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

well, i didn't want to say that but yeah he did look pretty hot in those "brunette" pictures... *sigh*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit