To all of my family.... and yes I mean you all

by LyinEyes 29 Replies latest jw friends

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I just wanted to tell all of you how very much you mean to me. I want to especially thank my husband wild turkey, for finding this place and showing me the light. He was so encouraging to me when I first came into this room. He used to tell me he could tell a difference in me very soon after I started to come in here. He told me that it was good for me to find friends. At first I found some kind souls that took me under their wing , so to speak and each time I came in here, I grew as a person.

I have been here for just a short time, but have made so many new friends. In chat tonite we were talking about how much this place is really like family. Reborn, (Jason) said he feels closer to the internet family than his real family. I couldnt put it any better than that. He is so right. I love to come into the room and get the news of what is going on in ya'lls life , the ups , the downs, the new things I learn about you all.

Even my kids are getting to know some of you by listening to me and Wild talk about you , just like you are our next door neighbors. Many people say internet friends are not real,, but I disagree, I have meet more honest, loving , caring people by way of the internet than in any other way in my life.

I guess being isolated for so long and doing without friends in our little congregation of old folks, really made me hunger for people who wanted to be friends like we did.

As many of you know , my home life ended totally and forever when I was 18. I never had a home to go to , to see my family, eat sunday dinners with, or run to when I needed support. I really missed having that old home feeling. I am so happy and love my imidiate family of hub and 3 kids. But I guess I miss the feeling of going home again,,,, you know the feeling you get when you are loved no matter what. I know wild turkey feels the same way.

I guess i am saying you have filled a void that I had for so long, I have made friends that are more like mothers, fathers, uncles, cousins, sisters, brothers, and I never want to lose it.

Even as a witness, I thought I knew what brotherhood was about, but it was so conditional and more forced than natural. Here it is the real thing.

You all mean the world to me and wild,,,,,,,,, i just can't say it enough. If I die tomorrow, I will have lived this last year happy, happy that we all share such a common bond. The support here is more than I have ever known from so called jw friends.

I am proud of who I am now, as of later tonite , I will be disassociated. And that is the way I want it, I prefer to be with the real people, with real love and real values.

The term "Apostate" used to be such a dirty word to me........... now it means brother/sister.

I love you all,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Dede

• Tish
    Tish

I know what you mean. The Borg thinks that if you have got no friends that you will come back with your tail between your legs. Other's may not understand, but we have all been there and will continue to be there for everyone.

All for 1 and 1 for all!

Tish

• Prisca
    Prisca

((((((lyin and wild turkey)))))

You guys are like family to me too. I haven't da'd yet, although I feel one day I may have to. When that day comes, I'll probably need your support then. No matter what, you guys are great, and if you ever come to Oz, you've got a ready made apostafest waiting for ya!

• onacruse
    onacruse

Back at ya, dede. You, turkey, valis, cowboy, animal, ben there, bikerchic, scootergirl, eyegirl, joy2befree, joannadandy, jim_tx, xenawarrior, spaznik, spidermonkey, ugg, xena, scully, rosalyn, robdar, uglyduckling, songmistress, jelly, wasasister, sirona, prisca, yourschelbie, reborn2002, even a little bit of farkel for good measure, and all you other friends:

Hats off to you all!!!! Don't know where I'd be without ya.

Craig

• FreeFallin
    FreeFallin

Dear LyinEyes

What a beautiful letter to your family. I think many of us feel the same way.

The term "Apostate" used to be such a dirty word to me........... now it means brother/sister.

Amen to that.

Free

• bigfloppydog
    bigfloppydog

This post, and comments have truly touched my heart, yes friends from chat are very special. They are like the family one should have, when others are absent in ones life. Just because one leaves the org. doesn't mean you still don't love your families, but being shunned does have a great impact on a person. When I first posted, many times I needed to talk to someone. On some days when I have a real bad day, I can with confidence come here and spill my guts. Thanks to so many joy2befree, OFC and many more. It is also comforting to know many, many ones out there feel the same as you or I do.

• LuckyLucy
    LuckyLucy

I have been coming to this site for only a couple of months. I have stepped on some toes and ruffled some feathers...however I have really connected to some of you that i never in my wildest dreams thought i ever could on a computer.You for one Lyingeyes , just recently.
    I have been depressed for many many years I believe because i never really connected to people . I will leave it at that because you have already said it perfectly.

Peace and Love to all.

• Sirona
    Sirona

I feel the same. I've been really touched by everyone's concern about me recently and its a great help to be able to come here and share.

Love

Sirona

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

<sigh> (((((((((((((LE))))))))))))))) and (((((((((((((WT)))))))))))))

*this doesn't get you off the hook for missing the Dallas apostafest*

<changing to my serious voice> Dede, you are so right about becoming dear friends on this board. We lost a community and in here we have a sense of community back. Ones that know where we come from and accept us, no matter what, now.

I am so happy your kids are getting on with their life and so are you two.

You owe me a visit now.

Hugs,

j2bf

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

I went ten years without contact and upon finding this site - I found home; I found family; I found friends; I found community.

(((((((lyin eyes))))))))

hugs, Mimilly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit