J. R. Brown interview sneak peek

by mikepence 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Pistoff
  • LB
    LB

Rape is fornication from Quotes:

Watchtower 1964 January 15 pp.63-4 Such Scriptural precedents are applicable to Christians, who are under command, "Flee from fornication." (1 Cor. 6:18) Thus if a Christian woman does not cry out and does not put forth every effort to flee, she would be viewed as consenting to the violation.

Rape is not fornication:

Awake! 1984 June 8 p.28 From Our Readers For the victim to be considered guilty of fornication there would need to be proof of willing consent. Apparently the requirement of Deuteronomy 22:25-27 for the woman to resist by screaming would clear her from any suspicion of such consent on her part.

Rape is Fornication:

Watchtower 1980 October 15 p.7 Avoiding the Tragedy of Rape A Christian woman is under obligation to resist, for the issue of obedience to God's law to "flee from fornication" is involved. (1 Cor. 6:18)

The flipflops go on and on

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

No LB you don't understand,

Thats the old new light that was old light until the latest WT article that says it is again new light but one day will be old light again. Are getting dizzy because I am.

Will

• mikepence
    mikepence

I have added a bit more from the JR Brown interview, here http://blogs.salon.com/0001138/

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

((((Lady Lee)))))

• mikepence
    mikepence

And wassup with not being able to create more than 2 threads in a day. That sucks a**.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Mike,

Your article is going to be on big ass kick in the nuts against these idiots. As Farkel has taught me - hit them with their own quotes and what J.R. Brown talked about.

I know you are already doing htis but make sure you get a really good editor to review what is written.

ummm .... besides a good editor .... and ummm ... I know you have given your stuff to a few people for review and comment but another good guy is Alan F. - Trust me - I have observed him in action and I know what he has reviewed and commented on. He is away for a few weeks but he may be checking his Email or this site every now and then.

Thanks so much for going the extra mile. There are women I know who want to give your article too when you are done.

hawk

• mikepence
    mikepence

BTW,

Many thanks to Dungbeetle for the source data for the nify rape-scream timeline here http://blogs.salon.com/0001138/

• mikepence
    mikepence

I've invited AlanF to join my mail list. He ignored me. :-(

Anyone who wants to be on my list where I float drafts of articles, etc., just email a blank message to [email protected]

Peace,
    Mike

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit