J. R. Brown interview sneak peek

by mikepence 28 Replies latest jw friends

• writerpen
    writerpen

Oh my God. I am so sorry. How did she deal with that? This just angers me to no end.

• mikepence
    mikepence

She was not happy that she had to tell a bunch of mop pushers and window washers such private matters, believe me.

In addition to needing a list of dates that they changed that doctrine, does anyone know the scripture they base this on?

Thanks,
    Mike

• writerpen
    writerpen

*** Rbi8 Deuteronomy 22:23-24 *** 23 In case there happened to be a virgin girl engaged to a man, and a man actually found her in the city and lay down with her, 24 YOU must also bring them both out to the gate of that city and pelt them with stones, and they must die, the girl for the reason that she did not scream in the city, and the man for the reason that he humiliated the wife of his fellowman. So you must clear away what is evil from your midst.

• mikepence
    mikepence

Thanks for the scripture. What a loving God, eh?

• out4good3
    out4good3

She was not happy that she had to tell a bunch of mop pushers and window washers such private matters, believe me.

Then why did she do it?

I'll never understand why people feel that they are duty bound and have to report to the janitors elders any possible perceived transgression against the WTBTS. Why do people succumb to this theory that the elders in the congregation or the WTBTS has the right to evaluate the most intimate details of a person's life to determine if they're in line with their constantly flip-flopping doctrine.

My wife is still in dubland, but, if that happened to her and those elders from her congregation came sniffing around my house questioning her like that, they'd get their ass kicked right before getting thrown out. And since they come in pairs, they'll have their second witness that I'm very "prone to anger!!!"

Bunch of assholes....

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee
    do the elders interrogate a "sister" that has been raped?

Yes they interrogate the victim. It happened to me. They wanted every detail right down to "Did he come inside you?"

They were relentless. It felt like being raped all over again. And I was DFed partly becaause I didn't scream. Despite the fact they KNEW I had been abused as a child and had learned to be silent during sexual abuse and despite the fact that I told them I tried to say NO but he didn't hear me or didn't care to listen.

The interrogation was worse than the actual rape.

Lee

• mikepence
    mikepence

Thanks for sharing, Lady Lee.

Would you be willing to send me that comment in email ( [email protected]). If you will permit, I would like to quote you on that.

• Crystal
    Crystal

<P>Ladylee..that is sooooo wrong.</P>
    <P>I have been so terrified before that i froze up ...could not scream...could not move...( I was afraid a dog was going to attack me)</P>
    <P>I cannot even imagine what it would be like to be attacked my a grown man...i would pass out from fear...guess im just imoral

• Bodhisattva
    Bodhisattva

Brown did talk about extenuating circumstances, but I have never seen that in print and Lady Lee's experience proves that showing mercy is not a consistent policy.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Lady Lee,

No one should have to go through what you did. You were victimized twice. I understand a bit of how personal they can get from my own experience with them. Some years ago I was trying for reinstatement and they knew I have a female friend. Well they wanted to know every little intimate detail although I told them that I didn't have sexual relations with her. What right do these unqualified elders have asking questions that only a professional counselor should be asking? I would really like to know how many people after being interrogated have had their lives ruined..

Will

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit