David Splane: The Catholic Church brought the Gospel into China!

by FusionTheism 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FusionTheism
    FusionTheism

Quotes from the New David Splane "1900 Years" Video:

"The Catholic Church took the preaching work more seriously than the Reformers... Who brought the Gospel into China? ... It was the Catholic Church."

"The point of this is not to malign any of these people. We don't know how Jehovah viewed them. We don't know whether any of them were of the anointed or not, and just had problems understanding the Bible. We've had problems ourselves."

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

My mother always had a special vitriol towards the Catholic Church. Many witnesses did. The society did. This talk is just very strange for them. What is the motive?

Then he talks about 'the anointed' and there's their crazy theology, out of nowhere. If Catholics were 'anointed', that doesn't leave any room for a witness 144k, does it.

Theyre crazy. I do appreciate kinder words and less judmentalism....but didn't he slam Protestants (who their religion is closer to) in this same video? It's like the hatred is morphing, and I don't know why.

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

Maybe, Faye, it's because they're becoming more and more like the Catholic Church themselves! Ugh, it irks me to no end, their duplicity and double talk!!

I really think Splane is the new Franz. I think he's the one behind the new songs and much of the new doctrine and new light. I could be wrong on this, of course. Who the heck knows.

But he's really big on himself and I think he has an even more arrogant sneer and evil eyes than Morris & Lett put together. I've been watching him closely and he's really a piece of work. He was our circuit overseer for awhile and at the time I thought he was fabulous, so spiritual, so loving, so earnest, blah blah blah. His wife a quiet woman in the background. He got all the glory and honour and applause. Now he gets it on a much larger scale, and I think it's going to his head. To all of their heads, actually! Jerks. Pompous bastards.

Bah! I must get out and enjoy some sunshine.

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

Oh, yes, and I meant to say that by these kind, gentle, reasonable words, said by him, that doesn't it just show Jehovah's love and reasonableness? And how we mustn't judge? So loving.... And we all so imperfect, after all.

Yet don't you dare question us! And follow everything we say or else you will lose your whole family and friends and be forever shunned and considered as dead until you acknowledge our supremacy and authority and totally believe our claim that God is speaking to ONLY US and that only we, through divine communication and approval, have the truth! (fineprint: truth subject to change at any moment, and which you must also totally and unquestionably accept!)

agh! Off for sunshine!

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

Ugh... I just had a hideous mental image of Splane....

Simon, my apologies, feel free to delete this next comment -- but I just had a bile-inducing picture of Splane, standing, eyes closed, murmuring, "Yes, that's it... Swallow it... That's right... Swallow all of it, darling..."

Oh god. Okay. Did I say I'm heading out for some damn sunshine & fresh air? Much needed...!

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

Great point, muddy. We can't take them for their word about other religions and their own 'problems' until they completely change their policies. I do hope it's leading to something positive, tho. Anything that might halt families being torn apart is a good change. One can hope.

lol my response was to your SECOND message not your third :)

• B4Right
    B4Right

I wonder is the GB trying to find away to explain how "Jehovah used the Catholic Church thru Constantine to put the holy writings together to form the bible!

in mostly all of WT publications I do not think they ever add that to how the bible came together.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

There was another thread started about this, already:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/337200001/david-splane-address-bethelites?size=10&page=1

I'll repost what I wrote there:

"I'd always found it ironic that, for a religion that started out almost as an anti-Catholic protest group, the WTS evolved to emulate the RCC way, way more than it's membership ever realized.

This almost feels like the shy, mousy girl sending a note in home-room to the popular jock, asking him 'do you like me?'"

Hmm; something just occurred to me...

...I wonder if this could, in some way, be connected to the rising tide of pedo cases; it is, after all, the biggest commonality between the WTS and the RCC.

• FusionTheism
    FusionTheism

Vidiot,

Good question.

In my mind, I see this kind of like "How To Train Your Dragon 2" or "Jurassic World" where the Governing Body sees Pope Francis as the New "Alpha" of all Christianity, so they want his blessing.

• FusionTheism
    FusionTheism

It definitely looks like "New Light" for the Governing Body to say that the Catholic Church was preaching the Gospel message and was obeying Jesus' Great Commission.

In the 1980's, 1990's, and early 2000's, I only heard Witnesses, Elders, and Circuit Overseers say the very worst things about the Catholic Church, and they NEVER said the Catholic Church was ever teaching the true Gospel or obeying Jesus.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit