Ever get the shaft working for a brother...

by jimbob 22 Replies latest jw friends

• jimbob
    jimbob

I've worked for 2 different brothers in my lifetime. Since they're a brother, you're supposed to be treated better than a worldly employer, right?? Ha! I got screwed twice. One didn't want to pay me for my work, the other was closing up his company and wasn't gonna tell anybody (most working for him were brothers). Just up and fire everybody! What a joke! I know of so many people that got the shaft from people who were even elders! I guess they expect you to sit there and take their sh*t cause your a fellow brother. Guess they figure they can do what they want, cause they know you won't sue! Learned my lesson long ago!!!

Edited by - jimbob on 4 August 2002 22:25:15

Edited by - jimbob on 4 August 2002 22:25:57

• CornerStone
    CornerStone

Crooked brothers are taught deception from the Masters of Deception, the watchtower Printing Corporation.

1) Lie to the people.

2) Steal from the people.

3) Cheat the people.

4) Kill the people.

5) Blame the people.

CornerStone

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

It's a 'given.' Nothing new under the sun.

Guest 77

• Mutz
    Mutz

I have a collection of bad cheques from when I worked for a brother who sailed rather close to the wind in his business dealings, so much so that he had to leave the country to avoid the people trying to recover their money.

• DIAMOND
    DIAMOND

I worked for an elder once who was a.....you guessed it a janitor. He wrote me bad checks. Wrote me checks that I couldn't cash for a week. Sometimes I didn't get paid until 3 weeks after I was supposed to be paid. He'd pick me up late drop me off early and sometimes he'd say he was on his way and not show up at all. Finally the wife and I talked it over and I quit. And to this day he still can't figure out why. By the way this is an ongoing thing with him. This same thing has happened to other brothers in the congregation who've worked for him.

• out4good3
    out4good3

Finally the wife and I talked it over and I quit. And to this day he still can't figure out why.

Probably because he feels that you were duty bound to work without question for him free just as all JWs slave away for the organization free. When they get that Elder position, they come to expect people to just do as they're told and not to question them.

• SUSCARRA
    SUSCARRA

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS...many times. BUT, I've gotten SHAFTED by almost every brother/sister that i've worked. Something interesting, though. We had a couple of unbaptized/weak brothers that worked for us and they never stole/took off during work/always showed up on time, hell they showed up, and did an excellent job. When you hire a JW to work for you, you were at their mercy and they had none. We even had a sister clean for us and she got all bent out of shape because we took taxes out on her. She accused us of stealing from her. She said she had cleaned all her life and NEVER, NEVER, EVER had the brothers taken her money from her.Had another sister clean my home. She wanted this ungodly amount and I told her I only paid so much. She accepted the job and when I came home that evening I found her note. The total of hours worked, plus wages discussed and accepted. THEN, she put down $15 for gas for her car to go/back and forth, she worked thru her lunch hour, so she charged double for that, then she charged so much for the chemicals she used (I had already told her to use my cleaning supplies, because our son has alergies & she did). She listed other ridiculas bulls#%t. I couldn't belive my eyes........my Hubby paid her and nicely told her we wouldn't be needing her services anymore, I never heard from her again, except thru the gossip-vine that we were cheapskates and that we were filthy pigs. She did an excellent job, but she scammed us. Now, I'm the type that picked up and cleaned before she got there, so, no my house was not a pig sty. OBTW, would Wal-Mart pay your gas to and from work........yes, they take taxes out too.God I'm glad I am out of this organization.

• LB
    LB

Of course I've gotten the shaft. Big time by one contractor. But another brother I worked for was very honest and in fact, when I was out of town alone and my truck broke down, he sent some money to my wife to hold her over until I could get my truck fixed and get home again.

So not all are bad in my book, but one cheated me out of a couple of thousand dollars. He's an elder now of course and screwing other brothers as usual. What fun for them.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Ooooooh yes. My husband is in construction (very desireable skills for every freakin hall build for 400 miles around) And of course the brothers used him and used him and used him, and meanwhile his family is barely makin ends meet and the bills are piling up. Hes hiring JWs because he felt sorry for them and they loaf around. Meanwhile at a hall in Chicago, some brother is selling investment shares to the brothers and stealing their money. Why would a brother lie you know? And every pioneer I knew was involved in selling Tupperware, Mary Kay, New Skin, Vitameatavegemin or whatever, paintings, interior decorating, Avon, Amway, you name it...every pyramid scheme under the sun and you KNOW you are obligated to not only attend these parties, but to BUY things from that poor sister who is pioneering! I eventually let it be known that I would not attend ANY of these parties, so as not to play favorites. And hell you can only use so many aroma therapy candles, kids. I breast fed three kids in those kingdom hall bathrooms and the stuff I heard in there would CURL your hair!

• zenpunk
    zenpunk

When my husband and I moved to the US a brother offered him a job paving driveways. It was 4 months of backbreaking work for minimum wage pay. He always regreted the decision to say yes to that brother. We were really hosed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit