The Bible is NOT Error-Free

by FusionTheism 174 Replies latest watchtower bible

• FusionTheism
    FusionTheism

Snare&Racket,

I'm not 100% sure, but perhaps Galatians 3:28, which says all males and females are equal, all races are equal, and all social/financial statuses are equal.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

But if you wish to continue being our moral agent and hall nanny-DJS

I used the term profanity when referring to Viv video. I have not dictated to you or to anyone else on this thread what morality to choose. There is a difference between morality and profanity. Look in a good dictionary. I did not say immoral when referring to her video. Your post unveils that you are one-sided. You said nothing about Vivian's remarks about me in all of her posts, calling me "pro-rape" (That you did not object to) in response to my statement that if the bible is inspired there is accountability to God for your conduct. But you took offense because I referred to her video as profanity. I did not say immoral when referring to her video. And you accused me of being your moral agent and hall nanny. Show me when I have done that. Let me make this clear to you. I have not dictated to you or anyone else on this thread what is profanity or morality. I posted my opinion about viv video. If you do not like it that I think it is profanity, too bad for you.

The owners of this site do whatever they want with their site. It is none of your business if they decide to censor something or not. Mind your business and stop discussing in public about what is not your business.

Stop dictating to me what what I need to do when you think that I am offended. If you like what I think is profanity, that is your business. I never told you not to find funny what I think is profanity. I only posted my view about viv video. That is what I think.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Fisherman4 hours agoRight. To sum up what this thread seems to be about. forgive me if I'm wrong:
    Wrong.
    Okay, I'm game.

Sum this thread up for me, pretty please.
  • Fisherman
    Fisherman
    tired now punkofice. Need to give it some thought too. Later on I will give it a shot.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Fisherman10 minutes agotired now punkofice. Need to give it some thought too. Later on I will give it a shot.

Righto. Get some rest, geezer. We all need to recoup.
  • cappytan
    cappytan
    In the USA, a person continues free on his way until he is detained. Let's say a peace officer stops a motorist and issues him a summons for not stopping at a stop sign. At the trial, the prosecutor kindly informs the Defendant:" I am sorry Sir, 'one cannot prove a negative,' you are going to have to prove that you did stop at the stop sign. We are very sorry for that. "Further, we do not have to present evidence because the evidence of a negative is by definition a lack of evidence." Funny Stuff.

False equivalency.

But, fallacy aside, technically, the idea that "You can't prove a negative" is false.

I use that term, though, because it is what theists like to throw at skeptics. "You can't prove a negative, so therefore, my argument that God exists is true!"

Let's go back to my Unicorn example. I asked you to prove that Unicorns didn't exist.

You actually CAN prove Unicorns don't exist.

Modus tollens

Premise 1: If unicorns had existed, then there is evidence in the fossil record.

Premise 2: There is no evidence of unicorns in the fossil record.

Conclusion: Therefore, unicorns never existed.

So let's use Modus tollens to prove that YHWH, the God of the bible doesn't exist.

Premise 1: If YHWH of the Bible exists, then there would be geological evidence of a global flood that occurred ~4,000 years ago.

Premise 2: There is no geological evidence of a global flood ~4,000 years ago.

Conclusion: Therefore, YHWH of the Bible does not exist.

I could go on and on, using divine intervention events described in the Bible that there should be evidence for, and equally come to the same conclusion every time.

Would anyone else like to help me out with a few more modus tollens arguments?

• Viviane
    Viviane
    You said nothing about Vivian's remarks about me in all of her posts, calling me "pro-rape"

You are. You promote Biblical morality.

I have not dictated to you or to anyone else on this thread what morality to choose. There is a difference between morality and profanity. Look in a good dictionary.

Right. Good point. Morals can be good, bad or otherwise. To be profane is to specifically treat something considered sacred with disrespect or indifference.

So, interestingly, since Biblical morality is pro-rape, taking a position against rape is profane.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Really.......

The morality found uniquely in the bible is THIS verse.......

Galatians 3:28New International Version (NIV)

28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

• cappytan
    cappytan
    Really.......
    The morality found uniquely in the bible is THIS verse.......
    Galatians 3:28New International Version (NIV)
    28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

...they are all one in Christ Jesus. If you're not in Christ Jesus, you are an infidel worthy of execution for just beleiving differently.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

The very racist separation of Jews and Gentiles, would not even exist without the bible and it's God. The bible is riddled with commandments and rules for slavery, never once condemning it, quite the opposite. As for the sexism in the bible, a good example being that a female slave was worth less and had to stay a slave longer..... Makes your chosen verse a mockery.

no offence, but I assume, this is why you didn't quote it, but instead gave a very biased interpretation.

the verse is saying, despite the difference between Jew and gentile, slave and free man, female and male, all are serving/ adhering to Jesus.

Had it been moral, the verse would have not separated people by race, sex and ownership. It would have said all these things are in fact immoral!

I am am amazed that you chose this verse, really.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit