The Bible is NOT Error-Free

by FusionTheism 174 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

They're pro-rape and, since i've got no of otherwise, they have a thing for sheep. That's literally the level of their thinking. They've got nothing else. Vivian

More verbal diarrhea from Vivian who posts profanity videos for JW children and minors who lurk JW sites such as this one.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Lol 140 replies that consist of people logically explaining why "because i said so" isn't evidence.

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou
    What church? - punkofnice

Its a Book of the church for church service.

Jesus already founded a church, a church to remain.

Not the scrolls and parchment were so important but the church was most important.

You can conclude that the Christian faith should not be a faith of single book readers that are fighting over the right interpretation of there parchment scrolls and papyri, but a faith of merciful people having a communion together, for Jesus wanted a church because he wanted to live in it, as if the church were his second life,

That is the meaning of the church and the Lord supper communion, what he lived through, his death and resurrection, acceptance and prosectution, would his brothers live throught togehter with him later in the church. Therefore the church is the body of christ, closely connected with christ. Therefore they should partake from the symbols. Therefore if you partake in the lords supper you not only remember jesus christ, but you eat him. Your complete body is in unity with jesus christ in one body.Therefore the importance of the symbols bread an wine. Therefore he ensured to Peter that the church would never go to vain.

The center of the faith is the Truth = jesus Christ

Not a bible college, not a Bible discussion, not the moral code, the center is a person jesus christ

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

FT you say, rightly that it's possible the bible is an uninspired book of men, but intelligently added that IF it was, the good morals within are still useful.

I'd like to ask, can you name any bible morals, that were not written elsewhere or evidenced before It was written in the bible?

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Poor Morpheus' lack of intelligence.Must resort to diverting attention by posting things about me instead of addressing the subject matter of this thread and the argument in my post. What a clown! Fisherman

I retract my statement above. I assumed too much. I thought that Morpheus posted pic was referring to me. Seems to me that his post above shows that he was just just making a general observation. And after all he is entitled to his say and his view and I respect it.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Right. To sum up what this thread seems to be about. forgive me if I'm wrong:

• Fisherman thinks that Viv and Cofty are the same person
    • Fisherman may or may not believe the bible is inspired
    • The bible may or may not be inspired but that depends upon individual confirmation bias

Is that about right?

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    I think you got all 140 posts summed up nicely punk
  • Fisherman
    Fisherman

Right. To sum up what this thread seems to be about. forgive me if I'm wrong:

Wrong.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Fishermana minute agoRight. To sum up what this thread seems to be about. forgive me if I'm wrong:
    Wrong.

Hahaha. Okay, now that I'm forgiven...what is right?

BTW. Thanks Morph

• DJS
    DJS

Fisherman,

I avoid theist OPs, and you and I have never had any reason to cross paths on this site. You have used the word profane twice now to describe the very funny video Viv posted. We get it. You would want to be our moral compass and our hall nanny. There are a lot of things on this site, the world wide web and for free tv that children would best be served to avoid. So what. There is a place for adult humor, especially when it is making such a salient point. You say irreverent and profane; I say damned funny and spot on. Potato, potahto.

Funny Stuff.

Simon didn't delete it, so evidently it didn't cross the line. it offends you and you didn't find it funny, wonderful. Stupendous. Change the channel.

But if you wish to continue being our moral agent and hall nanny, you will have another wise ass to deal with. I respect and avoid theist discussions; I fukking hate to be preached at.

Ok, now I will leave a theist OP alone, as I am in danger of violating the prime directive.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit