DO YOU STILL LOVE JEHOVAH?

by minimus 30 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Lately, I notice quite a few comments of disillusionment. Some say they are no longer religious. Others say they are not sure if God really exists.Others are trying to come to terms with life outside of the Watchtower. Many appear to be soured over the lack of truth.Do you still believe in God? Do you love Him???

• frogit
    frogit

I still love Jehovah, but disillusioned with WTs, why do I say this, well look all around you , what do you see, do you

see a beautiful world, full of great things, look at your own body is that not superb in design, this to me at this time

proves that we have a loving God.

frogit

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

Well, I'm still trying to have faith in God whether he is Jehovah or Yahweh. I have been hurt so much by the WTS that another means of faith/worship doesn't come to me fondley now. But I would like to search and find my place of worship someday.

I do want to believe in God. A part of my faith has been taken away by a cult named the WTS. I need to heal now. It is not easy, though, and I'm saddened by it because I loved God.

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

"jehovah" is a WORD invented by a catholic priest in 1270. It IS NOT a translation of the tetragrammaton. IT IS
    an accepted man made tradition that was derived at by concoction.

Jehovah = pedophilia

Catholic = pedophilia

Funny how the concocter and the acceptor of the concoction BOTH have a pedophilia problem.

Maybe Jehovah is the god of pedophilia...maybe.

may "jehovah" be cursed...I believe we are just starting to see it happen.

"Jehovah" is not Gods name.

• Gopher
    Gopher

I'm still on a spiritual quest involving questions like this. My profile currently states that I am neither an atheist nor a worshipper.

It seems reasonable to believe in an original creation by a creator. However to take it to the lengths some Christians would have you believe... that God is intimately involved in the lives of people and helps them in miraculous ways... Then you'd have to believe that the same God deliberately ignores the plight of innocent suffering children and adults in third-world countries or who live under oppressive regimes. It would be unjust for God to work miracles in some cases and ignore others.

Therefore it seems he lets human affairs play themselves out.

• Grunt
    Grunt

I love the creator, whatever his name is for creating this earth and all the wonders on it. I love his son, because I think he died for me.

Grunt

• rekless
    rekless

Who?

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

The development and usage of the word "Jehovah" came DIRECTLY from Catholicism:

A piece of Watchtower literature states some embarrassing information about the word Jehovah, and elaborates as to its totally Catholic origin from the year 1270:

"By combining the vowel signs of 'Adhonay and 'Elohim' with the four consonants of the Tetragrammaton the pronunciations Yewah' and Yehowih' were formed. The first of these provided the basis for the Latinized form "Jehovah." The first recorded use of this form dates from the thirteenth century by C.E. Raymundus Martini, a Spanish monk of the Dominican Order, used it in his book Pugeo Fidei of the year 1270. Hebrew scholars generally favor "Yahweh" as the most likely pronunciation." (Aid to Bible Understanding, Watchtower Bible And Tract Society, 1971, pp. 884, 885)

Why have the Jehovah's Witnesses adopted this inappropriate word as God's TRUE name?

Again, from their own literature:

"While inclining to view the pronunciation "Yahweh" as the more correct way, we have retained the form "Jehovah" because of people's familiarity with it since the 14th century. (The Kingdom Interlinear Translation of the Greek Scriptures, Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, 1969, pp. 18,19.)

The Witnesses by their very own literature have openly admitted that the word "Jehovah", which they have accepted and taught as God's TRUE name, is in fact a MAN MADE TRADITION developed and nurtured out of the bowels of Catholicism. By their very own words, they have chosen to accept this word as God's name because of people's familiarity of the TRADITION since the 14th century and NOT because it is the truth.

That is a HUGE mistake.

Jesus was ALWAYS condemnatory of individuals that taught the traditions of men as if they were of God's origin. That is a simple basic Bible truth, which is being ignored in whole by Jehovah's Witnesses.

The above is truth. Jehovah being God's name is a BLATANT LIE.

"Jehovah" was never God's name.

Get this; I believe "Jehovah" is going to hades.

• scumrat
    scumrat

Way to go pomegranate!!!!

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Sorry, Jee-hooooover is nothing to me.

ash

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit