DO YOU STILL LOVE JEHOVAH?

by minimus 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Dawn
    Dawn

I believe in and love GOD. I'm not sure of his name (Elohim, Yahwee, Jehovah, Jesus), however, I don't use the name Jehovah any more. It has too many bad feelings wrapped around it. When I pray I call him God, father, Lord, whatever comes to mind. When I slip in a Jehovah it seems like I'm instantly transported back to the borg state - praying to a blank ceiling, an angry disciplinarian God from which I will receive no reply - I hate that feeling!! When I pray and call him Lord, Jesus, Father, anything else I can really talk to him and not be afraid.

Pomegranate - thanks for that information!! For some stupid reason I actually feel guilty about not useing the name - so your research helps me to release some of that guilt.

• zenpunk
    zenpunk

I'm still on a journey to find out who the creator really is. I find it hard to believe that the god of the Bible, the "God is love" but if you don't do it our way you will die can really be God.

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

I believe in something divine. I am no longer sure if it/he/she is a single entity or a universal creative force that exists, however.

• startingover
    startingover

My whole life I had a hard time answering that question, just like the one about having a personal relationship with him. I now know why. It's because I am a person who is not comfortable with anything faith based. Reality based is the only thing that works for me.

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

The major release to FREEDOM from Jehovah's Witnesses is -

KNOWING THAT:

JEHOVAH

IS A BIG FAT

FALSE GOD

So what are "Jehovah's Witnesses" then?

FALSE WORSHIPPERS.

Jehovah is a BLATANT LIE. Jehovah is NOT God. Jehovah is a CATHOLIC CONCOCTION. Jehovah is a man made tradition. Jehovah is a god whose name is equated with sexual perversion. Jehovah is on par with Baal. Jehovah will be destroyed. Jehovah is DEAD. May Jehovah be cursed. Jehovah is EVIL. May Jehovah answer to the True God for all the silent lambs. WAIT on Jehovah? Don't hold your breath. Maybe he has excrement and is on the privy. Jehovah is powerless. Will Jehovah be dismantled? Will Jehovah become NAKED and NUDE?

Jehovah Jehovah the god of lies and rape, the god of man made laws and rules, the god of ANXIETY and broken families, the god of the stiff necked Governing Body. The biggest scam that man has been forced to swallow. I gag on that name. I HATE that name. There are not enough negative words in my vocabulary to relate the disdain I have for that NAME that HAS CAUSED SO MANY SO MUCH MISERY AND PAIN.

Go ahead, I DARE YOU! Say it:

I HATE JEHOVAH BECAUSE JEHOVAH IS NOT AND NEVER WAS GOD

THAT IS THE TRUTH

Edited by - pomegranate on 3 August 2002 23:12:13

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

i agree a thousand percent with what pomegranate said... and i'll take his dare:

I HATE JEHOVAH BECAUSE JEHOVAH IS NOT AND NEVER WAS GOD

• bay64me
    bay64me

I don't think about it anymore, I've closed that part of my brain - thinking process - mind - heart - place - whatever ?

• jack2
    jack2

Pom, I am sorry for all the pain you have experienced. I hope that coming to this board has helped.

As for God, Jehovah, Yahweh, (Yahweh just seems to fit better to me.......the name Jehovah does not retain the four Hebrew letters YHWH, and I know what the WTS explanation* is, but I don't totally buy into it) even when I was very busy as a jw, I never had a close relationship with Him.

That does not necessarily mean that I don't "love" God, but honestly, I would prefer to love my fellow man, and then let that stand as a indication of my love for God. Too often, people claim love for God, and then treat their neighbor poorly (1 John 4:20).

* Pom - thanks for the research!

• Amazing
    Amazing

The modern day character named "Jehovah" is a fictional god created by the Watchtower Society. The God of love spoken about in the New Testament is not the same person that the Watchtower people worship. They worship a mixture of a literal tribal Hebrew god (one that they do not understand) and some god that they fantacize about in their own hearts. Make no mistake, the "Jehovah" of the Watchtower religion is a pure invention for marketing literature, recruiting new members, and building an empire.

Do I still believe in God, and Jesus Christ? Yes, however, I am still struggling with the rest.

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

Incense...

jack2...

Pom, I am sorry for all the pain you have experienced. I hope that coming to this board has helped.

Well, though I have personally experienced the woes of this man made FARCE, my reason was more for others to see that even the "name" is WRONG AND A LIE. That is the first domino that needs to fall down. You know what happens after the first one goes down,,,,

As for God, Jehovah, Yahweh, (Yahweh just seems to fit better to me.......the name Jehovah does not retain the four Hebrew letters YHWH, and I know what the WTS explanation* is, but I don't totally buy into it) even when I was very busy as a jw, I never had a close relationship with Him.

Personally, I have come to a very simple conclusion. The pronounciation of the name was dissolved INTENTIONALLY by God. I have many reasons for thinking that. One of them is a logical reason, this: IF the Bible truly is by God, and this God is the most powerful being in existence, and HIS LABEL was the most cherished thing to Him, does it make sense that a SUPPOSED man made Jewish superstition/tradition would OVER POWER God and CORRUPT that which is supposedly incorruptable, the "NAME" of God? No it does not, NOT AT ALL. So I do not believe that LYING fabrication of why YHWH has become un-utterable.

Scholars, "Yeah, the Jews made it vanish because of their tradition." Yeah right. And pomegranate's don't have lots of seeds.

Also, IF you believe the Bible to be God's, the most important BIBLICAL reason that the OT name would have become INTENTIONALLY dissolved and obscured by God would be because of this:

Acts 4:10-12
    It is by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified but whom God raised from the dead, that this man stands before you healed. 11 He is "'the stone you builders rejected, which has become the capstone.'

12 Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved."

The label in the Old Testament HAD to be dissolved in order for the above to become TRUE and so that NO OTHER "NAME" would get in the way of this name, Jesus Christ. That would include YHWH.

That does not necessarily mean that I don't "love" God, but honestly, I would prefer to love my fellow man, and then let that stand as a indication of my love for God. Too often, people claim love for God, and then treat their neighbor poorly (1 John 4:20).

That is a very reasonable re-start. jack2 my friend, with me, it's come down to this. If God wants ANYONE, he takes them for His own WITHOUT their permission, and He will use them anyway HE DARN WELL PLEASES.

What's odd is that MOST people feel that this is a violation of their free will. Well, they're DARN WELL RIGHT! Because I believe when it comes to God's will, man HAS no will. The being who has the power over life and death is the one with FREEWILL.

There are two very good examples in the Bible where God BARGED IN and MADE MEN do what HE wanted. One guy fought it, the other guy accepted AND LOVED IT. (See Jonah and Paul.)

* Pom - thanks for the research!

You're very welcome. I hope it has given some RELEASE and CLOSURE to others who may feel ENSLAVED to one of the MOST VISCIOUS FALSE GODS MADE BY MAN.

typos

Edited by - pomegranate on 4 August 2002 8:17:33

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit