DO YOU STILL LOVE JEHOVAH?

by minimus 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Granny Linda
  • Sentinel
    Sentinel

The answer to the specific question would have to be NO. In the first place, if my name was Yahweh and somebody changed it to Jehovah, I wouldn't like it. Maybe that's why the god of JW's is such an angry god.

I really don't know Yahweh, only as he has been portrayed by men in writing. To me he does things that are very human, but with a higher level of power, control, and a lot of manipulation. (like murder, incest, abuse,associating with evil, rape, plunder--for just a few. And he changes his rules to suit the situation.)

I tried very hard to get to know, love, trust, obey--to feel close to the god of JW's, but always felt like he was punnishing me, or playing with my head and heart. Teasing me, tempting me, judging me. I think whomever "he" turns out to be, he will have to explain his behavior to creators even higher, and will require some real sound justifications for the way he has played with humankind over the centuries, other than "it seemed like a fun way to pass time, , toying with creation, while fliting about the universe".

That's what I think.

Sentinel

• witchywoman
    witchywoman

I was never good enough for the love of Jehovah. When the "princes` of Jehovahs` org" let me know that I was not longer suitable to be among Jehovah`s people. Well eventually I got the picture, I stopped hanging around where I was not wanted.

I am not sure if there is or is not a true being, all I know is that my unconditional love for my children tells me that God should be the same way.

witchywoman

• Jesus Christ
    Jesus Christ

Sorry Grunt but I didn't die for you. I died because some people didn't like the way I was shaking up their religous world. Not some big fancy explanation about how I'm saving you, people just didn't like me.

As for dad's name, he hates it when people call him Jehovah. His name in the bible is Yahweh (or however you spell it). Think about it, would you really be very happy with someone who constantly called you the wrong name? People wonder why the JW's have so much trouble. Its because nobody knows who Jehovah is because it sure isn't dad.

Hey, if you have to call him anything, use what we call him up here - Spanky.

• drahcir yarrum
    drahcir yarrum

Do I still love Jehovah?

The Jehovah who let Abraham come within a gnats ass of killing his own son, because he wanted to be sure that Abraham would obey him?

The Jehovah who turned Lot's wife into rock salt simply because she glanced back at a city being destroyed?

The Jehovah who let Job lose his family, possessions, friends and health simply so he could win a bet with Satan?

The Jehovah who will only communicate with people for the past one hundred plus years through an incorporated book publishing company who's leaders make backroom deals with the United Nations while telling their followers that the UN is the essence of evil and God's enemy?

The Jehovah who allows his incorporated representative and it's leaders craft a policy of silence when it comes to pedophiles and child abusers, simply to protect the reputation of the corporation?

The Jehovah who puts parents in a position of having to choose between saving their children's lives by permitting a blood transfusion or running the risk of displeasing him?

Are you joking? No, I wouldn't love anyone or anything who represents that much badness.

• JanH
    JanH

Junior,

Think about it, would you really be very happy with someone who constantly called you the wrong name?

I can sympathise.

Send my regards to Spanky and the Spook.

- Jan

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

The Jehovah who let Abraham come within a gnats ass of killing his own son, because he wanted to be sure that Abraham would obey him?

First, it WASN'T "Jehovah" that guided Abraham through the above ILLUSTRATION or IMAGE and LIKENESS of a pivotal HEAVENLY EVENT. It was YHWH. This recorded physical event let's us see a heavenly reality.

Thought: In order for Jesus Christ to be transferred from heaven to earth, something had to happen to make it a reality. His life in HEAVEN had to CEASE TO EXIST. That's where Father came in. Abraham and Issac on earth are an image and likeness of Father and Son in heaven. The only difference in heaven was it went all the way through to death.

YES. Father took the life of Jesus in heaven. It HAD to happen. In order for that life to be transferred onto earth.

Father was the first to take a life.

Edited by - pomegranate on 4 August 2002 11:53:17

• drahcir yarrum
    drahcir yarrum

With all due respect:

First of all, YHWH vs. JEHOVAH, or some other tetragrammical nonsense doesn't matter to me. I'm not impressed with the notion of fathers killing their children.

Second, it's all mystical, symbolic bullshite to me.

Edited by - drahcir yarrum on 4 August 2002 11:57:5

• minimus
    minimus

Perhaps the question should have been: DO YOU STILL LOVE GOD?

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

Perhaps the question should have been: DO YOU STILL LOVE GOD?

That would be more precise question I believe..

You know, I have TRIED to stop loving God. I WANTED to hate Him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit