Who are animal lovers here??????

by LyinEyes 53 Replies latest jw friends

• FreeFallin
    FreeFallin

BeautifulGarbage

Yes, I think Shelties are just the best, altho some people consider them wimps. They do shed alot and can be a little barky. I'm not ready for the emotional investment of another "only dog" right away, either. I certainly know I won't give him a human name. It'll be Spot or Bingo this time!

Free

• joeshmoe
    joeshmoe

I love big, ugly, dumb dogs. They're great!

I'm sure this says alot about me.

• Trotafox
    Trotafox

Ah Gee....I miss my Bingo kitty (he died last year).

I'm currently petless and probably will have to stay that way for a while.

Trot

• Nikita
    Nikita

Trot, sorry about Bingo kitty. They are such great friends, aren't they?

I'm afraid we will be saying goodbye to our Pugsy soon, he's been very sick and he's 12. I hope it is just a passing bug, but fear the worse. We've lost a pet nearly every year since 1994! All due to old age diseases except for one. I think I will never get another one, but my heart has so much room to love as many as I can seeing as there are so many without homes.

Hang in there and hopefully you will find your special friend soon!

Nikita

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

I have a named Trixie. A blonde Lab named Bruiser and a new puppy that was given to me a couple of weeks ago so she wouldnt be put to sleep along with a couple of her brothers and sisters. If I could afford it, I would have taken them all. She is a Pit bull/Chocolate Lab mix. She looks like the our gang dog. I named her Lady. She loves attention, and if she feels she isnt getting it, she will sit and bark at me until she gets it.

I used to have a Quaker a few years ago but the kids made him nervous and he started losing his feathers so I gave him away to a better home. When the kids are grown I am getting a Parrot.

Edited by - Lilacs on 4 August 2002 1:58:47

• BugParadise
    BugParadise
    Yes, I think Shelties are just the best, altho some people consider them wimps

They are great and we see very few problems with them as far as alergies, thyroid, digestive etc. They are mild mannered and not snappy but can be timid. They usually birth easy too. And most of all they are adorable. Our major problems with dogs in the south are skin alergies (flea, food and contact) and heartworms if the owner doesn't keep them on the preventative year round. They have a shot now that lasts for 6 months (Proheart 6) and many are going that route for less hassle. The only down side about animals is they are expensive if you are going to take proper care of them and almost as expensive as kids... lol One lady has to spend $100.00 every 2 weeks on prescription meds for her old timer. What's odd is we humans take many of the same meds for the same conditions as dogs and cats do like heart meds, lasix, ampicillian, metronidazole etc.

~Bugs

• QUEENIE
    QUEENIE

WHAT A refreshing thread this is...OUR ray of sunshine is Mamie kitty (9 yrs old) spunky as ever..WE love her from the bottom of our hearts and cherish each day we are all together...pets are worth their weight in gold...QUEENIE and crew

• FreeFallin
    FreeFallin

BugsParadise

Yes the great thing about Shelties compared to many other breeds is their diverse background. I believe because there are so many breeds behind them that that they have less problems with genetic disease than many other purebreds. And I've heard horror stories about the flea problem in Florida.

FreeFallin

• Silverleaf
    Silverleaf

I've always been an animal lover - I've had cats, dogs, parakeets, fish and guinea pigs. When I was a kid I took in any baby animal I found to take care of - nursed a few baby birds back to health and took care of a baby field mouse for a while. I probably drove my mother nuts.

Now we have a 4-year old Dalmatian named Saber - he's a big baby, very spoiled, thinks he's one of the kids. He moans when he wants something and we don't move fast enough to get it.

Silverleaf

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

Mark me down too as an animal lover!

Three budgies.......our little boy (2 yrs old) named the first two "One" and "Two" . I fell instantly in love with them and went out and bought a beautiful blue one. I made sure he wasn't named "Three" so I named him "Blueberry" quickly!

I also have a whore-haired mix of a dog named "Winnie". When I worked at the animal clinic, Winnie was a stray that had been abandoned and was due to be put down. I called Filthy and told him that I just "had" to take her home. She is the best little dog around!

Thanks to our District Overbeer, our family is the proud own of two (one is actually eyegirl's but is staying w/his "auntie" for awhile) hedgehogs-"Quilly"(ours) and "Sonic"(eyegirl's).

And a tankful of fish..........

Three kids and a husband. Does that count?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit