Who are animal lovers here??????

by LyinEyes 53 Replies latest jw friends

• zenpunk
    zenpunk

I love my pet snake to pieces! (Not many people have ever said that, I'm sure). My Koi are wonderful as well. I wish I could have a dog, but unfortunately I travel far to much for my job and it wouldn't be fair.

• KKLUV155
    KKLUV155

The picture is small but this is my husband and me and my three babies. Chia(white), Patches(black), and meenu(red). I just love them so.

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

I'm with plmkrzy - I like animals more than people. They're honest. It was my dogs who taught me unconditional love.

I have Tjiske (pronounced chiska) - a german sheperd/husky cross. Husky bod with the sheperd smarts and coloring. She's my protector and follows me everywhere. She loves making friends with cats. She's 7yrs old.

There's Diego, my palimino pony i call him. He's part boxer part dane. (looks notta like a boxer) He is my snuggle muffin and often lets me use him for a pillow. He has more expressions than I've ever seen a dog have and he's very vocal. (hilarious when he complains under his breath) Diego is 3 years old.

My orange tabby Beaster - aptly named. He's been with me for 10 years now. We hold paws at night. He has lukemia but is still kickin! (my bed is a regular love fest at night) He has a bent ear (from an earlier abscess) and crooked whiskers. Quite the character.

There's Doodles, our black neurotic cat. He's 6 years old. This dude has jewels for eyes and is afraid of his shadow. He does play with the dogs though.

We've also a silly siamese fighting fish, Princess Suishi, who sleeps in her small castle, either upright or upside down. I've never had a fish with such character before.

In the past I've had an Old English Sheepdog, Nicholas and a Shar-Pei, Buffykin-Star. Also, a guinea pig, Harry; a hamster, Hamlet, and two love birds, Cheech and Chong (i did not name the birds)

They all keep me sane. I will NEVER be without a dog again in my life. The floor show here is fabulous.

I love animals. Absotively Posolutely!!!!

Mimilly

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

My great love is my Shelties.(Miniature Collies.)

I had two sheltie mixes. Litter mates, and my children before I had children. I got them in 1989 and lost one in 96. The other, Zachie, I lost in December 2000. Zachie was "my" dog. He was the best dog ever. Smart and very sweet.I taught him tricks and my kids adored him. For right now, I am petless. I'm just not ready to make another emotional investment in an animal. Plus, it's nice not brush dog hair off of my clothing.

I have always been around animals.

Dogs, cats. Though, no cats anymore. I am allergic. My husband is a cat lover. He found this poor abandoned kitten in our yard years ago. I liked the cat because it was friendly like a dog. So, I agreed to give it a trial run. About a month into having the cat, I'm in bed barely able to breathe. So, either it was the cat, or me. The cat did find a new home.

Growing up, I have had several horses, cows, pigs, goats, chickens. I lived on a horse ranch for a while and am well versed in shoveling horse crap.

So, yeah, I'm a animal lover.

Andee

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

I don't think I could live without my animals, and I have a couple hanging around. At last count there were:

Three horses--Hablador, my Peruvian Paso; Rufous, the Thoroughbred who was on his way to the slaughterhouse; and Bingo, our buckskin grade horse.

Two dogs--Rocky, my 20 pound Pomeranian (Pomasaurus); and Webster, my Welsh Corgi.

Two chinchillas--George and Oliver.

Four finches, two goldfish, and a humongous Pink Kisser (the last of my husband's tropical fish foray).

Eight cats--Raphael, Bella, Rynn, Anastashia, Bumper, Muggsy, and George and Toby, my Maine Coons.

• BugParadise
    BugParadise

Wow Valis!

Hedgehogs! How cute! That is one animal I haven't seen come into the Vets in the years I've worked there. We get about everything else in the small animal department. Have you had any problems so far and what do they eat? Same as guinea pigs or ferrets?

~Bugs

• bigfloppydog
    bigfloppydog

I love animals, yes the one on my profile is our pet dog, and yes he is sitting at our table with his place mate and bowl. He is a little spoiled.

We also had two cats, but one got very ill, and had to be put down. We still have our other one, she is orange and white and very affectionate.

Valis those hedgehogs are sooooooo cute, I was able to see one once I just love them.

I'm so bad if I see a dog walking down the road by itself I think it is a stray and want to bring it home. My husband says, but dear it has a collar on and is probably going home.

At one time, we had a german shepherd, and a golden lab, and a black lab, and many cats through the years.

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

Here is my cat Grunt, who would not sit still for NOTHING!

I currently have a Golden/Lab mix (Holly) and 2 other cats (Baby and Reese -- Baby sucks her thumb!!)

Here is the hedgehog i had, Hedgie, but the ex took him. Then I got another Hedgehog, Buttercup, but i cam home one day and somehow she bled to death... i was pretty upset.

Here is my old dog Peanut, who i miss a lot, but as he was a Beagle and needed a lot mroe attention than i could give, found a new home...

• BugParadise
    BugParadise

Animals are tops! Couldn't live without them! When I lived in the Country I had 5 Golden Retrievers, a "little dog" (mixed rat terrier named "little dog") and a shih tzu. When I moved they all went to live with other family members. Now I have 4 cats that live with me Phoebe, Daisy, Fletcher and Lillith and 2 I keep at my Mom's .. Bubba and Liberty Bell. Libbs is half bobcat and got her name because we found her (5 weeks old) wandering the streets in Ruston La on the 4th of July a few years back. My next is going to be a Bengal Cat .. They are gorgeous! I love Dogs too but have to enjoy them by proxy through work at the present time.

~Bugs

• seawolf
    seawolf

ohh I love animals, too! Have had chickens, ducks, swans, turtles, crawdads, snakes, frogs, chameleons, dogs, cats umm that's all that comes to mind at the moment haha

Anyone see "The Crocodile Hunter: Collision course" ?? I saw it and liked it.

Edited by - seawolf on 4 August 2002 0:1:55

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit