Explain this then

by Legendary U.2.K. 51 Replies latest watchtower bible

• onacruse
    onacruse

Toe:

1) No, I have never prayed to the holy spirit, because I am not sure that it is a sentient being. There are many sciptures that do personify the hs, but I am not thereby convinced. Doesn't matter to me right now, anyway.

2) The debate should be available online. It will have three parts. I am submitting part 1 this next Monday, strictly in accord with what a typical JW would offer. Ironic that even as I submit those arguments, I also am aware of the most effective counter-arguments. Truly the devil's advocate! Again, doesn't matter to me, because I will still believe in God.

U2K:

You started this thread as (what I assume to be) a serious inquiry. Many of the posters do not agree with me in believing in God, but they are not derisive of my opinion, nor am I of theirs. Why must you be?

Craig

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Legendary;

If Christ was not God, why didn't he rebuke Thomas for calling him "My Lord and My God" at John 20:28 (Even in the NWT)? Instead he said that those who recognized him as such without having to see him would be blessed.

Too bad you reject his blessing...

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

The Trinity is the teaching that there is only one God. This one God exists as three persons: The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. They are not three gods, but one God. Each is a separate person, yet each is, in essence, divine in nature. Think of this analogy. Time consists of three aspects, yet there are not three "times," but only one. The past is not the present and the present is not the future. While each is separate, each shares the same nature or essence. In a similar way, the trinity is three separate persons who share the same nature.

The Bible says that Jesus, the second person of the Trinity, is God in the flesh, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God...and the word became flesh and dwelt among us" (John 1:1,14), and, "For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form" (Col. 2:9). Jesus, therefore, has two natures. He is both God and man.

If Jesus is not the Creator, why does John 1:3 say of the Word that "All things came into existence through him, and apart from him not even one thing came into existence.?" Vs. 10: "...the world came into existence through him..."

As a man, Jesus had limitations.He grew in wisdom (Luke 2:52) Nor did he know the day or hour of his return (Matt. 24:36)He was tempted (Matt. 4:1). He prayed to the Father (John 17:1). He died (Rom. 5:8)

As God, Jesus knew all things (John 21:17). He was sinless (1 Pet. 2:22; Heb. 4:15). He is prayed to (Acts 7:59; 1 Cor. 1:2). He gives eternal life (John 20:28)

Phil. 2:5-8 best explains the seeming dichotomy between the Divine and human Jesus: "Have among yourselves the same attitude that is also yours in Christ Jesus, Who, though he was in the form of God, did not regard equality with God something to be grasped. Rather, he emptied himself, taking the form of a slave, coming in human likeness; and found human in appearance, he humbled himself, becoming obedient to death, even death on a cross."

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

That should be John 10:28 where it speaks of Jesus giving eternal life.

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Well once again we have LEGEND pissing out his mouth.

*click.....click......click......click.....click.....click* [Loads the Dragoon]

• Legendary U.2.K.
    Legendary U.2.K.

"Alright first off: Yes i am young(20), and Whosoever Is putting me down because of my Spelling mistakes or Whatever, needs to understand that, Everybody commits error's, Are We not full of sin & imperfect? Anyway, I dont have no religion, I damn sure Aint rolling With no mormons(Who believe that prophet's Came after Revelation, False prophets).... In my eyes, in Reality in my mind Religion dont concern me, i'm Wise, God Teach the Wise ones What they need to know, i know Something billions cant even understand"

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    In my eyes, in Reality in my mind Religion dont concern me, i'm Wise, God Teach the Wise ones What they need to know, i know Something billions cant even understand"

"Do not become wise in your own eyes. Fear Jehovah and turn away from bad." Prov. 3:7 (NWT)

Edited by - NeonMadman on 2 August 2002 17:48:5

• Legendary U.2.K.
    Legendary U.2.K.

Second: I'm not trying to bring down Christianity, i'm just attacking it, cause, The Whole Religion is not only false, but Crooked... Christianity is the Same Religion that Speaketh from their tongues that: "JESUS IS GOD / WHEN YOU DIE EVERYBODY GOES TO HEAVEN AND LIVED FOREVER / CELEBRATE HOLIDAYS / TEACH ABOUT HELL IS A PLACE WHERE GOD"S CHILDREN GO TO BE TORMENTED AND SUFFER FOREVER / WHO RESPECTS EVOLUTION & SCIENCE.........

• FRUSR8TD
    FRUSR8TD

"Do not become wise in your own eyes. Fear Jehovah and turn away from bad." Prov. 3:7 (NWT)

And NeonMadman says...BOOM

hehe good one man.

• D8TA
    D8TA

Legendary U.2.K. = 7th Day Idiot..ooops..Adventist

D8TA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit