Does Ray Franz owe us an apology?

by sleepy 48 Replies latest jw friends

• rosalyn
    rosalyn

Saw this the other day but didn't have time to read the beginning thread or comments. still haven't read all the comments but am so glad that the ones I have read feel the same way as I do.

Just the title of his first book "Crisis of Conscience"ays so much about his feelings on the subject. No one wants a book like "mommy dearest"Ray did an excellent job of exposing the big guys in Brooklyn while not coming across as bitter and angry. But I can believe the emotions sure would have been in turmoil and we should thank for taking the time and effort to tell us what he has.

rosalyn

• waiting
    waiting

Interesting question.

I suppose, in a small part of some (including me) there's a little voice that says "But, you're one of the ones who ruled me.........." even though that person is seen on a similar level as me now. Not then.

Ray Franz gave me a lot of information, insight, and facts, without the anger. Thanks to him. I'm sorry he was so damaged by the WTBTS, and still reaps what they (including him) planted. He was part of them.

Lol....we ALL were part of them. Do I owe apologies? Yep. Gave them to my kids. To others I brought into the org? Yep.....but they're still in the Org - and they're waaaay over 21 - so have to make their decisions just like we all did. I think Ray Franz's continued actions - even as a sick, 80 year old man, proves his sincerity, more than just words.

Another Question: How would we treat a CO coming in here.....or his wife? What about a Bethel "heavy"? Would we allow them room here? What would we ask of them, apologies, information, right to beat on them? Or would we allow them freedom - as we want. I think it'd be hard because they were part of The Masters - and we remember. Just human nature to have a chip on one's shoulder, I guess.

But that's what we speak about wanting.....people to leave the WTBTS. Then we have to allow room for all kinds.

waiting

• Simon
    Simon

I don't think so ... if he did then he has apologised in his books.

If anything I think many owe him their thanks. I know I do.

• ronin1
    ronin1

Sleepy:

Ray Franz does not owe us an apology.

We are all guilty for any part we have played in the WTS organization. We preached many lies to persons (unknowingly), but we did.

We owe everyone an apology.

Actually, when you think about it, we should be thanking Ray Franz and Bill Bowen for their insight and revelations about this corrupt organization.

If you want to blame someone, blame the WTS!

Ronin1

• minimus
    minimus

why shoud ray franz OWE anyone an apology? and why US?......do YOU think he owes YOU one?

• IMA_PALLED
    IMA_PALLED

WHY BLAME RAY ? WHY NOT TAKE RESPONSABILTY FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS !

IFYOU ARE GOING TO SUCKLE THE TEAT OF THE SOCIETY,YOU WILL END UP WITH

BAD MILK, AS HISTORY HAS PROVEN OVER THE LAST 120 + YEARS.

PUT YOUR FAITH IN MAN YOU WILL END UP WITH THE DAMED..........

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Personally, I do not think Ray Franz owes "us" an apology.

The man was once a member of the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses, the very personification of God on earth to over 6 million people worldwide.

He has already stated publicly that he was ashamed of what he once took part in.

Despite this God-like status, he voluntarily walked away from such an idolatrous position because he could not in good conscience remain a member of this religion after seeing the corrupt, hypocritical actions which took place at the highest levels of the organization.

Instead of maintaining status quo and possessing the ability to have a part in manipulating and controlling millions of lives on a global scale, all while the people worship him, he chose to walk away and face slander and ridicule from his former colleagues.

What else do you want from the man?

• sleepy
    sleepy

"What else do you want from the man?"

A classic case of people reading the title and not the content.To ask a question is not the same as promoting the idea.Fors and againsts were presented in my original post.

I do not want an apology from Ray Franz.The point was about accountability.Those higher up in the organisation having more accountability for the actions of the society.The higher up you were the more people you effected.

I noice that many are willing to vilify todays members without taking into account that one day may leave like Franz.If you were writing in the 70's he would have been tarred with the same brush as the rest.

Of course he has done a lot of work in helping people out as he most have felt a level of responsability toward them which many are greatful for.

It would be good to show the same attitude to todays members, we can not read their minds and they may even be trying to change things within the organisation or planning on leaving we just don't know.It took dis-fellowshipping for Franz to leave fully and it may take the same for others.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    It took dis-fellowshipping for Franz to leave fully and it may take the same for others.

Not quite, he'd already faced up to the truth about the 'troof' and that's why he'd left Brooklyn.

So if it's going to "take the same for others", presumably you mean that there are many who have/are doing likewise amongst the present Dubs. Does that include you, perhaps?

Ozzie

Edited by - ozziepost on 4 August 2002 5:3:43

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit