Does Ray Franz owe us an apology?

by sleepy 48 Replies latest jw friends

• sleepy
    sleepy

Does Ray Franz owe us an apology? (Not, Ray Franz owes us an apology)

(Ok lets add this on)Do those who are or were governing body members have a greater amount of responsability than witnesses in general?At what point do we stop being victims and become instigaters?

This may have been discussed before but I'm not sure.So sorry if it has.

Anyway does Ray Franz who was once part of the governing body of jehovahs witnesses,that governed our lives, owe us an apology for the part he played?.Maybe he has apologised, (Though I can't remmeber that standing out in his books, but I might have missed it)or was he just a victim like us?Should he do more to help witnesses, or has he done enough or is there no more he could have done?

Does he share in the blame for the governing bodies disissions that resulted in the deaths of witnesses due to refusal of blood , persecusion(Malawi)etc.

Have you forgiven him?

If we do hold him partly responable, how do you feel about your part in preaching the message of jehovahs witnesses, are you responsable for other peoples deaths and messed up lives,by say, taking a stand on blood and giving talks praising pioneering ;and encouraging others to do the same?

Edited by - sleepy on 1 August 2002 11:47:17

Edited by - sleepy on 1 August 2002 12:28:11

• Francois
    Francois

IMO, Ray doesn't owe anyone any apology for any thing. And even if he did, ripping the cover off the society's lies with his books is sufficient. In fact, it's way more than sufficient.

I frankly find the question impertinent.

francois

• siegswife
    siegswife

If you believe that Ray Franz owes you/us an apology, do you also believe that you owe an apology to everyone that you 'preached' to when you were a witness?

Wouldn't this same accountability fall on you too, for whatever part you played in spreading the word of lies?

• JanH
    JanH

Personally, I think actions speak louder than words.

However, on Freeminds, you can see a video of Ray Franz saying "I am ashamed of what I took part in". See http://www.freeminds.org/video/video.htm

- Jan

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Sleepy,

Having freedom of speech carries with it a responsibility. Get what I mean?

Cheers, Ozzie

• sleepy
    sleepy

"Wouldn't this same accountability fall on you too, for whatever part you played in spreading the word of lies?"

Yes of course.

• sleepy
    sleepy

Francois

"I frankly find the question impertinent."

Why , he is just a human like the rest of us, but his actions effected many times more people.Why is to ask this question disrespectful?

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

I think we need an apology from you for the part you played while a JW!

Ray forsook the good life to stand up for what is right. Thank him, dont spank him!

• sleepy
    sleepy

Thi chi

Sorry for the part I played.

Actually I've never met you so I don't know if I effected your life in any way as a witness.But if any talk I gave or any advise I gave did harm anyones life I am very sorry and would apologise for that rather than blame everyone else.By the way I have apologised to people I effected when given the oppurtunity.

Notice my post is a question, it has a big ? after it.

I'm not spanking.

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

I think the fact that he published the two books that he did can pretty much be considered---"Hey, I am sorry and I am trying to make up for being even partially responsible."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit